Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ds.raikkonen

Re: Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

On the first lap, while Kimi was trying to pass Webber on the inside, he lost his front wing as a result of Webber defending his position by weaving twice. Should nt that have been penalized? It ultimately cost Kimi at least 2 places in the end.
Kobayashi also did a similar weaving action while defending against JB....
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

komninosm
komninosm

andartop wrote:
axle wrote:I do believe that LH or Kimi would have reacted faster and avoided the contact
It's funny you mention Kimi and LH, I was under the impression they both did have contact with Webber and Rubens respectively, at the very same race, and quite similar incidents!
One might say that the fact that they only lost a winglet/front-wing and didn't crash like Naka is de facto proof that they did react faster. Strengthened by your admission that these were "quite similar incidents". Logic aside I would give you that these incident weren't identical however similar and we can't make a logical conclusion based on it. But you attempted to make a logical conclusion first and it was the wrong one apparently. My personal bias is that Kimi and LH are slightly better drivers than Naka as a whole.

andartop
andartop

I didn't make any conclusions. I just thought it was funny because all three mentioned drivers got involved in pretty much similar incidents, under pretty much similar circumstances, but with widely differing consequences..
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

komninosm
komninosm

andartop wrote:I didn't make any conclusions. I just thought it was funny because all three mentioned drivers got involved in pretty much similar incidents, under pretty much similar circumstances, but with widely differing consequences..
Oh, come off it. You know damn well what your tongue-in-cheek comment was implying :p

Ray

ds.raikkonen wrote:
Ignore him, why does it bother you so much...why do you want to prove yourself against an anti-Ferrari brick wall? Its no use at all.Remember the ruckus he created when Kimi ran wide at La Source, along with other LH fanatics?
I just like watching him completely fall apart about --- that doesn't matter, and I like to see him try to make other people look stupid. It's fun to see someone care so much about something that means so little, and to see him repeatedly try and act like he's the only person here that has an intelligence and has no bias (which is obviously not true on both counts by any measure). Not to mention that he seems to think I actually care what he has to say about me or the insults he directs at me, I say things just to make him mad. Which I guess could be deemed trolling, but I only do it in his direction. Honestly, it doesn't affect a single one of us in any way who does what to whom, or who gets penalized. I just like see him have keyboard diarrhea and piss and moan about how everyone else is stupid, a fanboy, racist, and whatever other new accusation he comes up with every week. He gets mad, I laugh at his seriousness over absolutely nothing. Though I probably should stop because I get a stern warning and a frown from Ciro every time I get the chance to wind him up. :lol: (But I'm about to anyway, I can't resist.)

And ISLAMATRON I'm not always wrong, just most of the time. Need I remind you of the whole explosives and canopy crap you tried to browbeat me about being wrong about? Oh wait, I just did. And I'm not a Ferrari fan, fanboy, or whatever. I pull for drivers and not teams. Teams don't me squat to me, I could care less about who drives for what team or what team gets harsh treatment or gets off easy. Every team out there pushes the rules, some get caught some don't.

andartop
andartop

OMG, the thought-police have infiltrated this forum!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Giblet
Giblet

It would be easiest to divide the users on this site by way of allegience. It seems that avatars are a very good way to see bias.

For example, RAY has a name that is about himself, and fun little avatars that show his interests and sense of humor.

Myself, I have a stupid name (but at least it's internet-unique), and an avatar that represents, to me, F1 purity and simplicity.

I never see myself or Ray giving a rats ass about any of the teams, or any specific drivers.

I know that if I talk to Ray about any team or driver, the odds that his info will be right is just as hit or miss as anyone else on the site, but at least I don't feel the need to tread on eggshells when talking to him about specific teams faults or problems. I know his non partisan love for the sport will make life easy.

I'm not here to single you or anyone else out ds.raikonnen, but since you are a responder on this page, I am using your name as an example. You have the kind of avatar and name that tells the next person "I think Kimi is the best", so if you are talking about Ferrari or Rakionnen tit for tat, the F1 purists start to lose some interest,as I would, simply because I won't care about another driver enough to argue, therefore cementing your view that your driver is better.

That is of course fine and par for the course, as this is sports, and what good are sports without die hard fans?

Maybe cheering for someone, anyone, other that Schumi to win for about 7 years made me this way.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

andartop
andartop

^
=D>
My thoughts exactly as far as some people's avatars are concerned..

komninosm
komninosm

andartop wrote:OMG, the thought-police have infiltrated this forum!
NOBODY expects the Thought-Police! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

ds.raikkonen

Giblet wrote:You have the kind of avatar and name that tells the next person "I think Kimi is the best"....
Yeah, thats because he is the best.... 8) :D And nothing...can/will change that as far as Im concerned.
Giblet wrote:Maybe cheering for someone, anyone, other that Schumi to win for about 7 years made me this way.
Well, I supported Mika Hakkinen in the pre-Kimi era(MSC was never in the picture for me, I did respect him for his WCs though, but was nt a big fan because of his dominating attitude on SF and his team-mates). I always had my favorite teams and drivers. Thats just me, cant change it.

Ray, expect a nuke from you-know-who pretty soon.... :lol:
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Ray

Giblet wrote: For example, RAY has a name that is about himself......
I think I may be one o very few people here that post under my real name. Yes, I do it elsewhere as well. Hopefully the NSA won't catch on. [-o< :lol:

modbaraban
modbaraban

Ray's avatar is biased now. It says visit creepygif.com to see the image :)

PS: only recently I noticed there are my real initials on the car's numberplate on my avatar. :shock:

vyselegend

modbaraban wrote: PS: only recently I noticed there are my real initials on the car's numberplate on my avatar. :shock:

OMG! Could you possibly be... Danica Patrick?! :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

modbaraban
modbaraban

vyselegend wrote:
modbaraban wrote: PS: only recently I noticed there are my real initials on the car's numberplate on my avatar. :shock:

OMG! Could you possibly be... Danica Patrick?! :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damn. Now that everyone knows I'll have to change my icq number :mrgreen:

Keir

ds.raikkonen wrote:It ultimately cost Kimi at least 2 places in the end.
I believe you mean that it arguably cost Kimi two places.

In fact this is probably not the case as you could clearly see that Raikkonen had a puncture after the first corner contact with Sutil so the incident with Webber probably did little or no damage to his eventual race result.

Note the word 'probably' ... that is my opinion.