Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Fil

Re: Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

From Jonathon Noble's Twitter..

'Jarno Trulli and Adrian Sutil are having a big disagreement about their Brazil crash in the FIA (Abu Dhabi GP Friday) press conference'

'Trulli has produced pictures of their crash to show he was alongside the Force India driver. Kimi and Fernando are laughing a lot'

#-o what's Trulli trying to still prove..? what happens on another continent, stays on another continent.. i thought all men understood this! 8)
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Sawtooth-spike

I think he is trying to prove he should have a drive next year. It was a stupid move. He was never going to get any room to go around the outside.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

zgred

Fil wrote:From Jonathon Noble's Twitter..

'Jarno Trulli and Adrian Sutil are having a big disagreement about their Brazil crash in the FIA (Abu Dhabi GP Friday) press conference'

'Trulli has produced pictures of their crash to show he was alongside the Force India driver. Kimi and Fernando are laughing a lot'

#-o what's Trulli trying to still prove..? what happens on another continent, stays on another continent.. i thought all men understood this! 8)
Nice comedy...

SUTIL AND TRULLI CONTINUE THEIR BRAZILIAN FEUD
planet-f1.com wrote:In Thursday's main FIA press conference ahead of Sunday's inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, when asked by Press Association Sport if they had settled their differences, the row erupted again.

Here is the transcript of their exchange which will likely spill over into Friday's customary drivers' briefing.

Trulli: "Obviously it was very disappointing to end the race like that, especially on the first lap.

"I had every reason to be extremely furious. I've got all the evidence to show I was there and was next to him, and tomorrow we are going to discuss it."

Sutil: "There's nothing to discuss, it was quite an obvious incident.

"In the end it was very disappointing for me, even more because I was the one who was driving, and he lost control of his car and crashed into my back.

"It's not my problem. It's his problem. I don't know why he's freaking out like that to be honest."

Trulli: "I don't know if you're blind, but I can clearly show you my front wing is next to your front wing."

(Trulli then produced photographs to support his argument)

Sutil: "But you're trying to overtake me around the outside on the kerb. There was not a problem. You were off the power.

"The same happened in Barcelona where you lost control again and crashed again into a Force India car (Sutil).

"You have to sometimes respect the limits of the car. If you've nowhere to go, you have to back off. That's how racing is. I don't know how long you need to learn this."

Trulli: "In Barcelona I spun and he hit me because he cut the kerb, cut the circuit completely, and he didn't slow down."

Sutil: "I didn't hit you. You hit me. I don't know what is your problem. I really don't understand."

Asked what was said during their spat immediately after the accident, Trulli replied: "I was furious because he didn't see me.

"I was next to him and he kept on pushing me on the outside until I was obviously on the kerb."

Then the row continued:

Sutil: "It's not a problem to be on the kerb. Where's the problem?"

Trulli (sarcastically): "Yeah, no problem! As long as we know the rules."

Sutil: "I know the rules."

The verbal confrontation resulted in Alonso being asked for his opinion as he had a clear view of the incident prior to hitting Sutil.

With a smile, Alonso said: "I saw everything more or less, but as Jarno said we will discuss it in the drivers' briefing - deeply!"

freedom_honda

haha i love how Trulli just wouldn't admit it was his fault.

ISLAMATRON

Some words from Rosberg which needed to be said.... all this blocking has to end before someone is seriously hurt.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79822

The drivers must be told to choose a line and stick to it, NO DEVIATIONS AND NO 1 OR 2 MOVES or whatever nonsense the've been told in the past.

If a driver causes an accident from blocking he should be fined, penalised, blackflagged and excluded from the next race or something along those lines.

It is rediculous now, every driver looks like DC out there.

Richard
Richard

Fil wrote: #-o what's Trulli trying to still prove..?

Trulli would be right at home on this forum :lol:

ringo

ISLAMATRON wrote:Some words from Rosberg which needed to be said.... all this blocking has to end before someone is seriously hurt.

The drivers must be told to choose a line and stick to it, NO DEVIATIONS AND NO 1 OR 2 MOVES or whatever nonsense the've been told in the past.

If a driver causes an accident from blocking he should be fined, penalised, blackflagged and excluded from the next race or something along those lines.

They should be allowed a move, no moves would make passing to inevitable. 2 moves are dangerous but i can live with a defensive move or defensive line. It actually looks like racing when you see the defending.
For Sure!!

ISLAMATRON

ringo wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Some words from Rosberg which needed to be said.... all this blocking has to end before someone is seriously hurt.

They should be allowed a move, no moves would make passing to inevitable. 2 moves are dangerous but i can live with a defensive move or defensive line. It actually looks like racing when you see the defending.
A defensive line is much different than a defensive move(which is obviously much more dangerous)... Give the drivers an inch of leeway and they will take 305km... they need to be told to choose a line(defensive if they wish) and to stick to it, the weaving has to end.

watch this vid posted by Belatti in another thread as a good example of good clean defensive driving and everybody keeping their lines/lanes
AND JAPANESE PASSION FOR F1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giblet
Giblet

Picking a defensive line and making your car 'wide' is just not the same as blocking.

Cutting someone off is unexpected, and makes the driver behind react outside of what he had 'planned'.

You guys know obviously that as racers you are already setting up for your pass 1 or 2 corners earlier.

If a person is making their car wide, tehy will likely have to do it at expense of the best line, leaving room for the driver behind to plan the pass. To use the strengths of the car and driver against the weaknesses of the other pair.

Blocking (cutting off) is obviously unfair (legal or not), as it allows slower cars to ruin races for quick ones, but driving a defensive line is just good driving. Ask Jarno :)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

komninosm
komninosm

ringo wrote:

What's so bad about that? I thought they wanted to encourage passing. I think the fastest car ought to win, not get stuck behind a slower one. If the driver is good then he can attempt a pass on the car that passed him if able in the next turn or something.

modbaraban
modbaraban

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Cool image from that weekend...

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raceman

mx_tifosi wrote:Cool image from that weekend...

=D>

Kimi teaching other Ferrari colleagues how to open a wine/champagne bottle..... :-k

really, "ice-cool" image of the Iceman 8)

Richard
Richard

modbaraban wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr_ZjDf27zI[/youtube]
Brilliant! Alonso and Trulli are laughing all the way through, even Kimi manages a smile towards the end. Meanwhile Sutl is taking it so seriously.

Here's English audio, but no pics. Let the audio below play for 42sec then start the video above (muted), that should be roughly in sync

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNi3NlieNLM[/youtube]