Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
lebesset

Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

as we have been a way for a bit , just a quick reminder of the circuit ...presuming there have not been changes !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 250793.stm
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 30 May 2010, 03:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to reflect our growing thread name tradition. Please stick to it.
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

ISLAMATRON

Groovy Lou for the win

ringo

This track kills brakes. 8)
The teams better be well prepared!
For Sure!!

raymondu999

I don't think it's actually close to Monza/Bahrain in terms of brake killing though. Is it?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Lurk

Montreal is the hardest GP for the brakes, far ahead Barhein.

raymondu999

I stand corrected. Sounds like Vettel's going to have a bit of a time nursing his then? Seb's brakes seem to be spectacularly fragile
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

It's mechanical failure that cost him those other times. Disks split in two or something. I have never seen Carbon cermaic brakes in real life, not even held them in my hand so I am not too sure of how the material behaves under impact. I don't know if there is an impact element of loading on the disk when these cars race...?

I heard they can switch to a brake disk with smaller ventilation holes, more weight and more mass to cool but more material means a stronger disk. It's going to be interesting to see how the backmarkers hold up too.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

zgred

This was at Monaco, discs and their ventilation holes:

I thought that it might be interesting while we are on the "hard time for the brakes" subject.

Giblet

I can't wait. My first GP.

Still wondering if anyone wants to put me up in Montreal for a couple days, I'll make it worth your while :)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

RacingManiac

raymondu999 wrote:I don't think it's actually close to Monza/Bahrain in terms of brake killing though. Is it?

The combo of stop and go pretty much the entire lap ensures that.Aside from the back straight they don't get enough time to cool to recover.

I'll be taking my parents to their first GP. Looking forward to it....

ISLAMATRON

n smikle wrote:It's mechanical failure that cost him those other times. Disks split in two or something. I have never seen Carbon cermaic brakes in real life, not even held them in my hand so I am not too sure of how the material behaves under impact. I don't know if there is an impact element of loading on the disk when these cars race...?

I heard they can switch to a brake disk with smaller ventilation holes, more weight and more mass to cool but more material means a stronger disk. It's going to be interesting to see how the backmarkers hold up too.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think F1 brakes are carbon-carbon and not carbon-ceramic.

Zgred, great pics as usual, thanks... can anyone match up the discs with the manufacterers? I know there is carbon industry and hitco and which other ones? The McLaren, RBR & FIF1 look similar but not exactly the same.

ringo

Mclaren use akebono.
For Sure!!

ISLAMATRON

ringo wrote:Mclaren use akebono.
discs, pads or calipers?

ringo

I think calipers. Not so sure about the rotors and pads.
For Sure!!