Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
lebesset
lebesset

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

call me a pedant if you like , but I wish everyone here would desist from using the word loosing ; bad spelling I ignore same as most here , unimportant [ and not everyone has english as their native language ]

but using words with the wrong meaning jars , means having to consider what is really meant

the verb to loose means to let free eg you loose an arrow , hence loosing

the verb to lose means to fail to keep control of eg you lose heat , hence losing

may I suggest that the latter word is what is meant here ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

dannyteasdale
dannyteasdale

RacingManiac wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:That's impressive panning, you've got the car so nice and crisp.

Personally, I like the fence - it gives a real sense of being trackside. Also the panning has blurred it so it is not too intrusive.
Only thing with fence is they messes with AF sometimes....You can PP the color and the obviousness of fence in a shot but if AF does odd thing they you just get a bad shot....

Where I was sitting there were also speakers which is annoying since you can't hear them but they are just in the way...

There is a fence in the foreground but between the panning and some saturation and contrast tuning you can't really notice it anymore.
What kind of settings did you have to almost eliminate the fence?
High Sat/Low Sat etc ?
Thats a fantastic picture to say you were behind a fence!

dannyteasdale
dannyteasdale

Sorry! I had to ask!
Ill try keep it professional now :D

Giblet
Giblet

lebesset wrote:call me a pedant if you like , but I wish everyone here would desist from using the word loosing ; bad spelling I ignore same as most here , unimportant [ and not everyone has english as their native language ]

but using words with the wrong meaning jars , means having to consider what is really meant

the verb to loose means to let free eg you loose an arrow , hence loosing

the verb to lose means to fail to keep control of eg you lose heat , hence losing

may I suggest that the latter word is what is meant here ?
OK, but I will not call you a punctuation and/or capitalization pendant for obvious reasons. :mrgreen:
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

lebesset
lebesset

punctuation , capitalisation ? what are they ?

joking aside , I DO punctuate when it changes the sense

and capitals , doesn't I count ? [-X
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Giblet
Giblet

I was just ribbin ya, but I think you know that.

I just don't like reading what looks like SMS from many users. As much as it all my problem, I enjoy reading proper sentences with an opening upper case letter, proper grammar, and proper punctuation.

I am of course guilty as charged on many occasions, but I try :)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Giblet
Giblet

Giblet
Giblet

Not a lot of Tifossi cheering in this shot. THE BOSS just won.

PlatinumZealot

Giblet wrote:Not a lot of Tifosi cheering in this shot. THE BOSS just won.
-IMG-
I see a Vuvuzela in there!
Last edited by Steven on 20 Jun 2010, 21:54, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed quoted picture
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Giblet wrote:...

I just don't like reading what looks like SMS from many users. As much as it all my problem, I enjoy reading proper sentences with an opening upper case letter, proper grammar, and proper punctuation.

I very much agree with this. SMS/improper spelling/language shouldn't be used because it makes it harder for non-native English speakers to understand. Speaking of that, I constantly read foreign language sites and it's a PITA when people spell stuff incorrectly. Sometimes I barely know what a word means and if they abbreviate or use different spelling it's really confusing and misleading.

Besides, aren't most of us educated adults?

Now get back to discussing the Canadian GP!! :lol:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

WhiteBlue

mx_tifosi wrote:Besides, aren't most of us educated adults?
Sure 99% adults, some kids and some dyslexics. I keep stumbling across Algersauri and it always sounds like my friend the water horse. I imagine a huge water based dinosaur whenever I come across that spelling. Sorry for the bad joke but it crossed my mind.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Giblet
Giblet

Carlos
Carlos

Thanks for the photos Giblet.

Looking at the pictures, I find the older cars much more attractive than the new ones; which look rather like praying Mantis or some insect/ aviary genetic hybridization experiment - gone horribly wrong. Something that could be featured as a land vehicle in the new Predator movie.

I look forward to posting preposterous sentence structure; as an antiquated rebellion against texting.

Giblet
Giblet

You're welcome. I think after using my brothers SLR I have seen the light. Time to get a real camera.

I ran out of web space for my photos, but for $5 a year you can get another 20 gigs from Google, so I went ahead and got it.

All my pics from Montreal, for better or worse
My Montreal Collection
Last edited by Steven on 20 Jun 2010, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link posted in followup post

dannyteasdale
dannyteasdale

Giblet wrote:You're welcome. I think after using my brothers SLR I have seen the light. Time to get a real camera.

I ran out of web space for my photos, but for $5 a year you can get another 20 gigs from Google, so I went ahead and got it.

I am uploading all my pics, for better or worse, from Montreal, and will follow up with a link soon.
Ditto - Just bought an SLR after using one - Amazing Cameras.
Hence all the photography questions!
Last edited by Steven on 20 Jun 2010, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quoted picture