European GP 2010 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: European GP 2010 - Valencia

@ Ringo

Rosberg qualified behind Kubica at Canada, due to Mercedes inability to work the option tyre... yet finished ahead of him.
Yet you are certain of Renault overtaking Mercedes..... #-o
To write off Mercedes as "dead in the water" and promote Renault(who have fared worse)as better is intrinsically wrong.

~Mercedes may pull a rabbit out the hat? Renault could produce a duff upgrade, its not beyond the realms of possibility now is it.

I will be here Sunday to remind you of this brash prediction should it come back to haunt you.
More could have been done.
David Purley

ringo

Ok 8)
It adds more fun to the race. It's just a hunch, but renault are steadily improving, while mercedes are just giving shumi empty promises.

Here's my call:

Force India and Renault, will tear Mercedes a new F duct in Valencia...

for sho! :lol:

* otherwise i'll eat the crow, and take full responsibility. :mrgreen:
For Sure!!

WhiteBlue

Press conf guests

Thursday, June 24, 1500 hrs
Jaime Alguersuari (Toro Rosso)
Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
Pedro de la Rosa (BMW Sauber)
Vitantonio Liuzzi (Force India)
Vitaly Petrov (Renault)

Friday, June 25, 1600 hrs
Aldo Costa (Ferrari)
Colin Kolles (HRT)
Vijay Mallya (Force India)
Peter Sauber (BMW Sauber)

They need to give the 13th slot to Epsilon Euskadi to have a Spanish team representative on stage. :wink:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

aral
aral

WhiteBlue wrote:Press conf guests

Thursday, June 24, 1500 hrs
Jaime Alguersuari (Toro Rosso)
Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
Pedro de la Rosa (BMW Sauber)
Vitantonio Liuzzi (Force India)
Vitaly Petrov (Renault)

Friday, June 25, 1600 hrs
Aldo Costa (Ferrari)
Colin Kolles (HRT)
Vijay Mallya (Force India)
Peter Sauber (BMW Sauber)

They need to give the 13th slot to Epsilon Euskadi to have a Spanish team representative on stage. :wink:
Why?? Aren't Alonso and Alguersuari Spanish??

lebesset
lebesset

lebesset wrote:with ferrari looking the best on their tyres and clearly around the same as McLaren I would like to have a small wager on alonso ..but at 3-1 there is no value

sorely tempted by massa at 16-1 though
perhaps even alonso at such short odds might be worth a bet !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 755765.stm
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

mrp5150

Hoping for a good result from Alonso in front of the Spanish faithful. I like the Valencia track personally. I didn't realize so many people disliked it. :lol:

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5008

Looks like being a long hot boring race.

ISLAMATRON

mrp5150 wrote:Hoping for a good result from Alonso in front of the Spanish faithful. I like the Valencia track personally. I didn't realize so many people disliked it. :lol:
seems like the drivers enjoy it but from a spectators point of view it leads to very dry and boring races... thus far, hopfully andrew will be wrong as usual and there will be some rain or something else to liven up the show.

godlameroso

ISLAMATRON wrote:
mrp5150 wrote:Hoping for a good result from Alonso in front of the Spanish faithful. I like the Valencia track personally. I didn't realize so many people disliked it. :lol:
seems like the drivers enjoy it but from a spectators point of view it leads to very dry and boring races... thus far, hopfully andrew will be wrong as usual and there will be some rain or something else to liven up the show.
It never rains in that part of Spain, don't you remember the ol' limerick, the rain in Spain falls mostly on the plain. Watch, next year with the movable rear wing there's going to be 5 passes per lap.
Saishū kōnā

kalinka
kalinka

Maybe no rain, but very high probability of multiple safety car periods. It's a fast street circuit, with quite high fences/walls, so removing a car or debris is going to cause SC.
At least I hope so :)

hollus

No Safety Cars in the last two races in Valencia... don't ask me why!
Rivals, not enemies.

kalinka
kalinka

hollus wrote:No Safety Cars in the last two races in Valencia... don't ask me why!
Yes, but I think it's just the luck playing against this. No SC this season in Monaco or Canada either where you very much can espect SC periods. So still hoping :)

zgred

kalinka wrote:
hollus wrote:No Safety Cars in the last two races in Valencia... don't ask me why!
Yes, but I think it's just the luck playing against this. No SC this season in Monaco or Canada either where you very much can espect SC periods. So still hoping :)
Are we talking about Monaco 2010?...
Canada was real surprise as a SC free race but not Monaco:

Moreover mix of SC last lap, bad signalling and strange rules was complete disaster .

WhiteBlue

Welcom to FP1. Schumacher on track to learn a new circuit.

Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

Is it my connection, or are half of the pics corrupt? :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法