Japanese GP 2010 - Suzuka

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
timd
timd

Re: Japanese GP 2010 - Suzuka

Sazuka is a downhill start. Probably a big factor in this.

andartop
andartop

"Button looked like a sacrificial lamb!"

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2448 ... cial-lamb/

:lol:

Macca team orders, well executed as not to offend the average F1 fan? :lol:

Or just a cheap shot from Christian in response to Martin's earlier comments about the "flexi wing"?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

andartop wrote:"Button looked like a sacrificial lamb!"

Or just a cheap shot from Christian in response to Martin's earlier comments about the "flexi wing"?
Red Bull mocking Ferarri and having a bit of Banter with McLaren i think, we all know how much Christian and Martin wind each other up on BBC1 interviews, but will go and have a glass of wine or a beer (responsibly) after the GP on the plane home.

Im putting this one down to Red Bull trying to stir up a bit of mud and having a laugh on as well.

Richard
Richard

+1

Its amusing banter between Horner and Whitmarsh.

raymondu999

It's always fun watching djos go head to head with WhiteBlue in a Vettel v Webber pissing match :P (Again, not attacking anyone, just an attempt at light humor)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

djos

raymondu999 wrote:It's always fun watching djos go head to head with WhiteBlue in a Vettel v Webber pissing match :P (Again, not attacking anyone, just an attempt at light humor)
im sitting out this one! :mrgreen:
"In downforce we trust"

Donuts

ESPImperium wrote:
andartop wrote:"Button looked like a sacrificial lamb!"

Red Bull mocking Ferarri and having a bit of Banter with McLaren i think, we all know how much Christian and Martin wind each other up on BBC1 interviews, but will go and have a glass of wine or a beer (responsibly) after the GP on the plane home.

Im putting this one down to Red Bull trying to stir up a bit of mud and having a laugh on as well.
If I remember correctly, I think Jenson Button was complaining after the race, about the teams decision to stay out for so long on the primes. Maybe we'll have a very unhappy Jenson Button for the rest of the season(which will make it even more fun)! If you think about it, Martin Whitmarsh could have used this strategy, it would probably have been the only way to beat the Red Bull's. It does'nt seem totally unlikely? Anyway, good work, Christian Horner! I guess, I'm to fond of conspiracy theories! :D
Last edited by Donuts on 13 Oct 2010, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

raymondu999

I don't really like the way Button's been blaming the team for the pitstops lately. In Monza he went on the radio and questioned the team why they pitted before the Ferraris, and now he says the team kept him out too long.

In China and Australia, it was his brilliant reading of the conditions and thinking of how the tyres would perform that got him the win.

So when he wins due to the pitstops, it's his call, but when he loses out it's the team's fault? :s
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Twaddle
Twaddle

Without hearing all the radio discussion I don't think there's much point in trying to say who was making the calls in either direction on each occasion. I do think that it was clear at the time, and even clearer with hindsight, that leaving him out on the harder tyres after the others pitted was the wrong call. It had already been proved that the option tyre would last long enough to get to the end of the race, and he was only going to lose ground by staying out on older tyres of the same type as the rest of them. Add in the fact that if there had been another safety car before he pitted he would have been royally screwed versus being in the pound seats if he'd already changed rubber, and it was clearly the wrong call from the point of view of his own race strategy. There are reasons why it might have made sense for the team (backing the 'bulls and fred into Hamilton, keeping some distance between Button and Hamilton on the track etc.) but not for Button's best chances of challenging for the podium.

feynman
feynman

Twaddle wrote:... Button's best chances of challenging for the podium.
There was zero chance of Button racing to a podium, Hamilton was going full-tilt and making only a 'steady' inroad intto the Alonso gap, nevermind overtake.

A timely stop and he would still have come out well behind Hamilton, and no matter how long he stayed out, was always going to be in front of the Mercs.

The only chance for Button (in the race, and the championship) was to hold up the Red Bulls long enough till Alonso and/or Hamilton arrived, and hope in the melee with a bit of pressure applied from behind, someone shoved a front wheel somewhere.

The Red Bulls stubbornly refused to bite however, both staying a careful brake and radiator cooling steady distance behind; as soon as Hamilton's gearbox ate itself, game over, pull him in, change the tyres and roll it home.

Donuts

Hmm... interesting pace from Renault F1 on such a demanding track as Suzuka. All sector times where really good and the top speed was excellent. Kubica said that the car still did'nt feel perfect(oversteer) during the qualifying in Suzuka, so he is confident that there's more performance to extract from the current package. To bad for Vettel that Kubica was'nt able to at least get a chance to defend his position against Webber. Kubica might cause some trouble for the top teams in the remaining races? It'll be interesting to see...
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

Miguel
Miguel

OK, let's revisit another incident. Am I the only one that thinks Massa might have been pushed to the grass by Rosberg?
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

timd
timd

I watched the BBC F1 forum tonight as forgot to on sunday and replayed that one.

In my view Massa was set into a strange path of disaster when he jinked right to avoid petrov's erratic movment. He then didn't back out of the half commitment on the inside. Instead of clipping the car in front ala webber / hamilton last races he took to the grass and then in turn speared someone. Silly mistake. Bit of a thoughtless and desperate act of the moment. Not petrov's fault but a chain of abnormal events.

Thats my view anyway :)

PlatinumZealot

Donuts wrote:Hmm... interesting pace from Renault F1 on such a demanding track as Suzuka. All sector times where really good and the top speed was excellent. Kubica said that the car still did'nt feel perfect(oversteer) during the qualifying in Suzuka, so he is confident that there's more performance to extract from the current package. To bad for Vettel that Kubica was'nt able to at least get a chance to defend his position against Webber. Kubica might cause some trouble for the top teams in the remaining races? It'll be interesting to see...
They were fast at spa as well. The Renault's behaviour is like the F10 in most aspects.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

In a sense it is actually. The F10 is a good allrounder. Its main strengths are seemingly traction out of hairpins/slow fiddly corners, as well as great braking stability. The Renault is a good allrounder, with strengths mainly in mechanical.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法