Abu Dhabi GP 2010 - Yas Marina Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Abu Dhabi GP 2010 - Yas Marina Circuit

Final race of the year and a championship decider!

Length: 5.554km
Race distance: 55 laps (305.361km / 188.751 miles)

Strategy

2010 tyre compounds: Medium (no stripe), Super-Soft (stripe)
2009 tyre compounds: Medium (no stripe), Soft (stripe)

Average fuel use per lap: 2.699 (predicted)
Pit lane time loss: 18.5s (source: Williams)

2009 Result:

1 Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull-Renault
2 Mark Webber - Red Bull-Renault
3 Jenson Button - Brawn-Mercedes
4 Rubens Barrichello - Brawn-Mercedes
5 Nick Heidfeld - BMW Sauber
6 Kamui Kobayashi - Toyota
7 Jarno Trulli - Toyota
8 Sébastien Buemi - Toro Rosso-Ferrari

raymondu999

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2010 - Yas Marina Circuit

I don't mind a repeat of 2009's results, frankly :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

byronbb

Nice that it's in a week.

Sean H

I agree, nice to see them start the battle in 5 days.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

siskue2005

EJ asked Horner along the lines of.. "If Abu Dhabi finishes the same as here, Alonso is champion. What will you do to prevent that?" and Horner suggested if that's the order at the end of the race, they'll do what's best for the team and switch positions to allow Webber to win the title. But obviously it will only happen once it's clear Alonso is finishing 3rd.

Sean H

I don't think Vettel will pull over like Massa. We have already seen those two crash into each other once.

ESPImperium

One things for sure, this week is gonna build, and build and build.

Some will have to use retoric, some will use stats, others will use what they hear and read to back up their argument.

Its gonna be the best week in F1!???!

ringo

Sean H wrote:I don't think Vettel will pull over like Massa. We have already seen those two crash into each other once.
He'll pull over. He wont win the championship anyway if Alonso is third. He already said he wants to keep the championships with redbull.
For Sure!!

siskue2005

Sean H wrote:I don't think Vettel will pull over like Massa. We have already seen those two crash into each other once.
Vettel told the BBC that he will do everything so that a Red Bull driver becomes champion :D

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I would rather see Vettel loose the title due to a blown engine after giving it his all than pull over for the likes of Webber.

MrM said last week that Alonso winning the championship would devalue F1. As with most things said by Mr M I disagreed. However, I would say that a driver like Webber winning the championship would be a kick in the nadgers for F1. In 9 years in F1 he has done nothing spectacular then all of a sudden he lands in an Adrian Newey car by virtue of being in the right place at the right time. In effect a Webber win is really an Adrian Newey win.

A championship for Alonso (dear God no!) or Veetel would be much more satisfying as, like them or loath them, they are both undeniably incredibly talented and fast, and have been throughout their career, regardless of what car they are in.

omar2726

andrew wrote:I would rather see Vettel loose the title due to a blown engine after giving it his all than pull over for the likes of Webber.

MrM said last week that Alonso winning the championship would devalue F1. As with most things said by Mr M I disagreed. However, I would say that a driver like Webber winning the championship would be a kick in the nadgers for F1. In 9 years in F1 he has done nothing spectacular then all of a sudden he lands in an Adrian Newey car by virtue of being in the right place at the right time. In effect a Webber win is really an Adrian Newey win.

A championship for Alonso (dear God no!) or Veetel would be much more satisfying as, like them or loath them, they are both undeniably incredibly talented and fast, and have been throughout their career, regardless of what car they are in.
+1
Is the glass half empty or half full?
Engineer - "The glass is twice as big as it needs to be."

Sean H

siskue2005 wrote:
Vettel told the BBC that he will do everything so that a Red Bull driver becomes champion :D
He may say that now. But nothing up to this point has shown that he or the team support Webber for the title.

hollus

So let's say alonso blows his engine, Webber leads on old tires and Vettel is chasing him on fresh tires entering the last lap. Hamilton is a comfortable third.
Is Seb going to keep his distance, then?
Rivals, not enemies.

ringo

Webber deserves it this year.
If people think he's a crap driver, then for him to be beating Vettel says how much he had muster this year to be at the front.
Alonso doesn't deserve it as much as Webber. Alonso is operating within his limits, Webber, a journey man, is driving top class 80% of the time.

He deserves it, either him or Hamilton. :P
For Sure!!

raymondu999

andrew wrote:I would rather see Vettel loose the title due to a blown engine after giving it his all than pull over for the likes of Webber.

+1
失败者找理由,成功者找方法