[help] Building a f1 replica show car

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
ferez

[help] Building a f1 replica show car

Hi there,

I am from Brazil, so first sorry if I did any mistake! :)

So, I am trying to open a company for rent F1 show car and F1 simulators.

I tried a lot, but i didn´t figure out how to build this in a full scale.

I have a lot of material, many projects around the world, but I don´t know how to project the "skeleton" of the car.

the skeleton i talked about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBPiZdpu ... r_embedded

Does any one here know how to build this or can give me some tips or does anyone here works with 3D modeling so I can contract your service?

Thank you so much and so sorry if I am at the wrong forum!

have a nice day,

flynfrog

Re: [help] Building a f1 replica show car

are you talking about the cross sections to build a plug for it? If that is the case you set planes through your CAD model transferring it to 2D. you do a little notching and you have an interlocking skeleton of your car. You can then spray this with foam and sand it down to make a pretty nice plug.

What CAD package are you using I can Provide a little more detailed help.

ferez

flynfrog wrote:are you talking about the cross sections to build a plug for it? If that is the case you set planes through your CAD model transferring it to 2D. you do a little notching and you have an interlocking skeleton of your car. You can then spray this with foam and sand it down to make a pretty nice plug.

What CAD package are you using I can Provide a little more detailed help.
first, thanks for helping me in my project :)

Yes, exactly ! Like in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdsFLRmEtpI

I have only the 3D model, but I don´t know anyone to do the 2d models for construct the planes for the "skeleton".

Wich is the easiest CAD program for do this? I already have the full scale car in 3D !

Thank you so much! :)

flynfrog

It depends on who is cutting it out. You can do the slices in pretty much any CAD package auto cad is what most people cutting flat patterns are going to want.

repozess

Hey Ferez, you and i have the same project idea, perhaps we can help each other ..Are you still working on it ?
Repozess

belecjea

@ferez
@repozess

If any of you guys have found a way to build your full size replica gimme a shout.

Ty

Ledon Racing

The cost of building a remotely realistic tub is going to be seriously expensive. It'd be much cheaper and more realistic to get hold of something like and old F3000 carbon tub and then build it up to look like a F1 car IMHO.

Even when the F1 teams build there own show cars they all use the same basic fibreglass chassis.
www.LedonRacing.com
Unique motorsport inspired gifts - F1 parts bought & sold
http://www.ledonracing.com