My F138 - KosioBG

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
kosioBG

My F138 - KosioBG

Hello, this is my first post on the forums. I want to show you my model of the F138.

I'd appreciate any comments and advice for my future cars. I'd also love if you pointed to me the biggest mistakes of the car. Thanks in advance!

For construction photos check out the post below
Car info:
Length: 185 mm
Weight: 32,5 grams
Build type: from scratch
Materials: Carboard, plastic, paper and other
Time to build: About 15 days
Last edited by kosioBG on 22 Feb 2013, 19:59, edited 5 times in total.

kosioBG

Re: My F138

Please give me some feedback!
I'll soon post photos from the construction

Monster_Energy_F1

I like it. It's not the most accurate; or best looking, but it's certainly better than what I can do.
Maybe try and use thinner card, so you can have more detail? Especially with the suspension. :)

kosioBG

Monster_Energy_F1 wrote:I like it. It's not the most accurate; or best looking, but it's certainly better than what I can do.
Maybe try and use thinner card, so you can have more detail? Especially with the suspension. :)
yes, the suspension is way to thick. thanks!

radosav

If it was made of chocolate i would eat it without hesitation ! :)

kosioBG

Here the promissed construstion pictures
ImageImage
ImageImage
State of the car before stickering:
If you want more photos, please post here

kosioBG

If you see problems with the building method or ways of improving it, post here!

elFranZ

I think you need some good polishing before applying paint.
Just add a layer of something (putty, resin), then sand till you get smooth surfaces.

ajdavison2

I would recommend printing the decals off instead of drawing them for starters. But overall not a bad first attempt. The best person to speak to Re: paperboard modelling is paulB, see his rb7 http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... &start=165 and his audi R18 TDI http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... rd#p407317 . He is the best paper modeller on this site and his work has been published in magazines.

Cam

I disagree that printed decals would be better. You have you're own style of art and the hand drawn logos and decals compliment that perfectly. Awesome job.

Don't change your style. You don't need to copy anyone else or try to replicate what they do - do your own thing you're own way.

It'll be great to see a whole grid done in your style of modelling - something no-one else has done yet.

Keep at it. +1
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

ajdavison2

Well yes, it all depends what you're after. If you're after realism and to-scale models with high levels of detail and accuracy then printed decals would be the way to go. If you just want to make a tribute to a nice car then go with whatever style suits you.

kosioBG

ajdavison2 wrote:I would recommend printing the decals off instead of drawing them for starters. But overall not a bad first attempt. The best person to speak to Re: paperboard modelling is paulB, see his rb7 http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... &start=165 and his audi R18 TDI http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... rd#p407317 . He is the best paper modeller on this site and his work has been published in magazines.
No, I'd prefer to stick to drawn stickers. Eventually, if i try to get precise, i'd print them out, but for now tt's not my biggest problem :) And yes you're right, i talked to Paul( Isort of know him, but he hasn't answered yet)

kosioBG

Thanks to everyone for the tips!

kosioBG

Cam wrote:I disagree that printed decals would be better. You have you're own style of art and the hand drawn logos and decals compliment that perfectly. Awesome job.

Don't change your style. You don't need to copy anyone else or try to replicate what they do - do your own thing you're own way.

It'll be great to see a whole grid done in your style of modelling - something no-one else has done yet.

Keep at it. +1
Thanks for the support!

kosioBG

Some more:
Front suspension-the weakest part of the car
The nose
The Sidespods before completion
ImageImage
The tires
The wings
ImageImage