2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

mclaren111 wrote:
PABLOEING » 27 Jul 2016, 11:17

¿Need McLaren to James Allison ?¿Who is the McLaren role in his area?
Tim Goss. Has been with McLaren for a very long time.

I think Allison should take over from Eric Boullier [-o< [-o< [-o<
Totally different jobs....BTW what is Boulier doing wrong?
I hope Allison would come, but to replace Goss, not Eric.
Anyway i doubt it because Alonso is not to big fan of James.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

mclaren111

Motorsport.com
McLaren is convinced that its chassis is now as good as Ferrari's – and would be strong enough to fight with its Italian rival for third place in the championship.
Although it is no secret that McLaren's performances are still limited by Honda's horsepower deficit to Mercedes, the Woking-based outfit thinks good gains have been made with its car.
And despite not being yet in a position to fight for podium finishes, McLaren racing director Eric Boullier believes that the team would be challenging at the sharp end if it had more power.
“We believe our chassis is in the top three – let's say fighting with Ferrari for the third spot,” he told Motorsport.com.
This is one very good reason !! He does not know what he is talking about !!

OneAlex

graham.reeds wrote:I think the teams should be able to tell them by other means.

"Jenson, we are PMing you the fix on Twitter. If you need a diagram we've posted it to Instagram"

"Lewis, Paddy Lowe will show you how to turn off the warning message on your dash via the power of interpretive dance. Look for him on the pit wall"
Isn't it baseball where coaches often have an entire secret code for the players? They could always give that a try.

Grab left ear = switch 1
Grab nose = switch 2
4 fingers = setting 4
etc

Although now sure how easy that would be to see at 150mph.

Pierce89

mclaren111 wrote:Motorsport.com
McLaren is convinced that its chassis is now as good as Ferrari's – and would be strong enough to fight with its Italian rival for third place in the championship.
Although it is no secret that McLaren's performances are still limited by Honda's horsepower deficit to Mercedes, the Woking-based outfit thinks good gains have been made with its car.
And despite not being yet in a position to fight for podium finishes, McLaren racing director Eric Boullier believes that the team would be challenging at the sharp end if it had more power.
“We believe our chassis is in the top three – let's say fighting with Ferrari for the third spot,” he told Motorsport.com.
He knows exactly what he's talking about, and McLaren obviously have data telling them that or he wouldn't say it.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

santos
santos

He and Alonso are saying that since May.

GoranF1
GoranF1

He is right.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

siwillems
siwillems

I see no reason to not believe him.
Da de dum, de da da dum.
Da de dum, de da da duh!!!

Sayeman

Didn't They say a few months ago that they have a better chassis than Ferrari?
They have the 3rd best chassis on the grid?
Why the "Almost as Good" as ferrari talk now?
Ferrari's chassis isn't all that good either, Their PU is now almost on par with the Merc PU and yet they are getting beaten by underpowered Bulls.

All Mclaren does is praise Honda and then make these ridiculous claims to humiliate Honda.
Never Give up.

adrianjordan

Steven wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:Well maybe they're not being consistent. Rosberg received a similar message but only got a 10 second penalty. Why give button a drive through?
The new TD (introduced after Silverstone) says that in case of car problems, the team must tell the driver to either return the car to the pits immediately, or to retire the car. They didn't, and instead allowed him to stay out, triggering the penalty.
It also seems that they told Button to change some settings on the steering wheel, which wasn't broadcast)

I wish to add though that I think these rules are BS.
I think this is where Mclaren got caught out.

Basically at the time they told Jenson what to do, they were just trying to protect the drivetrain from damage and get the car back to the pits (they would want to start analysis of the physical car asap with Alonso still running and back-to-back race weekends). So he was going to be retiring the car....therefore no problem.

Tge trouble arose when they realised they didn't need to retire....can't undo the message they'd already sent....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Alonso Fan

Actually that makes more sense
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

techman
techman

EB is a joke, he said this in monaco and the pace was terrible if not for rain and other misfortune, mclaren scored some points. In hungary they manage to do a bit better but if you look at the race pace, jenson race pace in a power circuit like austria was mclaren best race pace shown in 2016. EB trying to save his job and point fingers at honda. hopefully next year the power index of all engine will be out to public and this guy will be silent and no excuses

kasio
kasio

techman wrote:
EB is a joke, he said this in monaco and the pace was terrible if not for rain and other misfortune, mclaren scored some points. In hungary they manage to do a bit better but if you look at the race pace, jenson race pace in a power circuit like austria was mclaren best race pace shown in 2016. EB trying to save his job and point fingers at honda. hopefully next year the power index of all engine will be out to public and this guy will be silent and no excuses
Actually this sucks! he shouldnt spread such utterly nonsense and i could understand it once but this is already i dont remember which time!
Actually I think he needed to go together with Arai... he was spreading same type of bulshit...
And besides... I was really dissapointed already at time when EB signed with McL cause i was already dissapointed with his expertise and actions during lotus days! IMHO lotus did not get many more wictories during time when they were competitive just because of EB poor competitive spirit and bad decisions! :(

Pany
Pany

EB must go home! can't trust him at all

Chuckjr

Just more rumors James may be heading to Macca. Would be great to have him the team. He's a clever man.

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/5752 ... cLaren_F1/
Watching F1 since 1986.

techman
techman

i hope james allison comes to mclaren, it will help