HRT 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
cbbcisace

HRT 2012

From the Press Conference:

2012 car will be at the 1st test
Spanish/Latin American to drive in the team for 2012
They are moving to Spain to house everything there but will design in Munich
Thesan Capital are in for the long haul

Something ESP quoted a couple of months ago!!!
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 26 Apr 2012, 01:20, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: 7 posts were split from the HRT F111 thread

beelsebob

Re: HRT F111 Cosworth

cbbcisace wrote:From the Press Conference:

2012 car will be at the 1st test
They said that about the 2011 car.

cbbcisace

Lets not get into that... The Carabantes have left now... that is the MAJOR reason as to why the 2011 car was not present.

Plus Kolles did say they would have the F111 present when it was ready...

czt
czt

cbbcisace wrote: Plus Kolles did say they would have the F111 present when it was ready...
When? Melbourne?

HRT's blushes were seriously saved by Bahrain being cancelled this year!

ESPImperium

I think its positive news about Hispania for the future that Thesan Capitial will be arround for at least 3 years and will be relocating to a new factory in Valencia.

My guess is that they will re house to one of the massive facilities left by the Americas Cup sailing teams in 2010, my guess is that they will go into posibly the Luna Challange Team Prada factory, whitch is the closest that a F1 factory will be to a fully licenced F1 track, its at Turn 2 at Valencia, and i mean :

Its certainly big enough for a F1 team. You would probably get everyone under that one roof with plenty to spare. Only thing is that there would be no wind tunnel, but the Mercedes #2 tunnel and a small team at Brackley for the tunnel moles to do their buisness is all they would need.

As for a driver line up for next year, im thinking that if they are looking at a latin american driver, they would want one with some experience, and if he is thrown out at Williams, i think Rubens could do a job here, even if he is doing it for fun. As for a F1 standard Spanish driver, if he gets pushed at STR, id recon that Red Bull will still want to keep him redied for action if needed, so Alguersauri would be of intrest, id recon that a €4m buy in would be what Hispania would want. However Dani Clos would be better for me, and Javier Villa has been touted as well.

I cannot see Senna return to the team, even if he has a rumored €m of sponsor money to bring. I see him with a Renault engine behind him at Caterham. Another driver thats on the radar id be sure to say would be Luiz Razia as ive heard that he is on the look out for a team and has reportedly got some decent Brazillian sponsor money in his back pocket.

I have confedence that Hispania will pull out a faster and better put together F112 for the first 2012 test between 7th and 10th of Febuary in Jerez.

cbbcisace

ESP great coverage as always!

I thought it would be Dani Clos in the 2nd seat next year but Im not sure now, how about Pastor as he is Latin?

HRT will be miles faster next year and with a full pre season, the F112 will be better understood from the offset!

MIKEY_!

I thought Pastor was signed for two years (I could be mistaken). Williams will be wanting to keep him anyway + he brings extra cash to the team (which is why he deposed the Hulk)

ESPImperium

Re: Hispania Racing Team

Pastor is Venezuelan which is Latin America. Ive heard that Williams are a bit disappointed with him, and will be the least successful williams driver ever that has completed a full season come Brazil. Theres been rumours circulation that Ferrari are trying to buy in to Pastors seat for Jules Bianchi. Williams deal with PDVSA is all dependant on how much space they give to PDVSA on the car. This year it is €21.5m. The PDVSA deal is a 2 year deal with an option of a third and then an option to have another two.

Their Spanish driver will be from this list; Dani Clos, Javier Villa, Jamie Alguersauri and Andy Soucek.

Technichally stable in terms of technology with a Cosworth CA201x power plant and a WIlliams transmission (im unsure about wether they will carry on with their current 2010 LG14 pushrod transmission or the low-line 2011 pull rod transmission) and with a 2011 Williams KERS that will give the car at least 0.35 of a seconds a lap on average per track, and also give them a better launch from the grid, also they have the standardised MES ECU as well. With a decent chassis they will become faster, and with a decent enough development program they will be good enough. And with Hispania blocking the recent attempt for the EBD they will already have developed more pace for 2012.

cbbcisace

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

What I want with HRT and its team this year is a continually developed car.

The F112 has been developed from its birth with Geoff Willis, then it should be a good starting base.

What I don't want to see if Karthikeyan in the car, I want Liuzzi and one other preferably Clos with some good exposure for Spanish companies.

i.e El Corte Ingles, Mango & BBVA

hrt
hrt

I absolutely agree with cbbcisace, he kows about hrt and what they can do, also I agree with wesley123 is a fact that Hrt will be not faiting to get into the Q2, also is true that if baherein hasn't been cancel probably the team couldn't even be in the Q.3, why?? Easy, one team with 34 millions can no be in F1, you say that Campos sell the team to carabante: wrong, Campos gave to Carabante all the shares because he was ruined, he didn't buy anything that is how the team started, then carabante was ruined with a spanish bank so he had to sell almost all the shares to Thesan Capital, that was how one team a ruined two business man, then Thesan capital promised this 3 thing that they did or they are doing it, for you can be funny to say that hrt is doing a fast car, obviously will not fait with the 20 first cars this year, but will be better than the F111, it is a progress. Now talking about the sponsor is true that we absolutely fail, but I understand why the sponsors are scare so I also agree, but I think that they will come and i don't think that we are a lackluster team just has to see the tame that we were doing in the last to races comparating it with both of virgings, Ricciardo is much faster, by the way I agree that vitantonio has to stay in the team and if is posible with Ricciardo or vergne, Closs will be 3 driver and at the same tame competing in GP2.

ESPImperium

cbbcisace wrote:ESP - with HRT moving to Valencia, will they get up to the 250/265 members of staff like Caterham and Marussia?
I can see HRT having a alliance with Lotus or Ferrari in the future.
The buildings for the Americas Cup can house up to 450 at a push as many Americas Cup facilities have 300 to 350 of a workforce in them.

As for a Technichal Alliance, id recon that their one with Williams for the transmission and KERS will continue till 2014, their aggreement with Mercedes for their #2 Tunnel will continue as well, as even tho the #2 Mercedes tunnel hasnt had much of an update since 2009, it is still better than what they, Virgin and Team Lotus have had over the past 3 years. As for an alliance like McLaren/Marussia, i think this could come from a Sauber or a Lotus Renault GP, but not be foe as much as 120 guys, id recon that 60-80 may be more manageable.

If Hispania can get up to arround 225 from the 140-160 employees they have at present they will be fine. However they will be away from the 3 main cluster bases for F1 staff that are in Modena, Italy; Oxfordshire, Britian and Cologne, Germany. This may make it harder for staff to be hired, as we have seen how hard it is for Sauber in the past to get quality research and design staff. Sauber seemingly pay a premium for their top guys to be away from the cluster bases other teams rely on.

Its the only problem i see with a Valencia factory, however there is plenty of good motorsport people there from GP2 and WRC so this could be an area they could exploit, and id recon that a alliance with Barwa Addax could be on the cards so that Addax get to use F1 quality facilities, but also supply mechanics and other things, also Racing Engineering GP2 team could also want a simmilar deal as well. Id probably say that Racing Engineering would be the most intrested as 2 of the three testers Hispania had at Abu Dhabi were from Racing Engineerings stable, Clos and Berthon.

JGomezH

Pedro de la Rosa will drive for HRT F1 Team in 2012

wesley123

JGomezH wrote:Pedro de la Rosa will drive for HRT F1 Team in 2012
Seriously?

By this way they will never make it from the back of the grid. Nice for Pedro but not good for HRT(well probably it is for their pockets), Pedro adds nothing to the team. Yes he is a good test driver but that is about it, in my opinion he will add nothing more to the development of the car or team.

I certainly do not hope this is the case, but it seems Thesan is filling their pockets, dropping the team in a factory and then selling the place. If Kolles didnt head for Williams they probably didnt move to the factory in the first place.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Petroltorque

wesley123 wrote:
JGomezH wrote:Pedro de la Rosa will drive for HRT F1 Team in 2012
Seriously?

By this way they will never make it from the back of the grid. Nice for Pedro but not good for HRT(well probably it is for their pockets), Pedro adds nothing to the team. Yes he is a good test driver but that is about it, in my opinion he will add nothing more to the development of the car or team.
On this we are in total agreement.
I certainly do not hope this is the case, but it seems Thesan is filling their pockets, dropping the team in a factory and then selling the place. If Kolles didnt head for Williams they probably didnt move to the factory in the first place.
AFAIK Kolles is still tightly integrated in the setup as he provided most of the logistics, so to get rid of him would involve paying him off a considerable sum.