Ferrari 2011

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wesley123

Ferrari 2011

Here is the team topic for the Scuderia for the 2011 season.

Rules seem clear:

-Team chat
-SO NO CAR CHAT
-Be nice :D

So go ahead!
Last edited by Steven on 20 May 2012, 13:07, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed 'hidden text'
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mclarenmp4

Re: Ferrari 2011

Did Ferrari gain an advantage with nick fry? secrets from McLaren?

timbo

mclarenmp4 wrote:Did Ferrari gain an advantage with nick fry? secrets from McLaren?
I almost chocked my breakfast reading Nick Fry and Ferrari in a same sentence.
Please, no Nick Fry to Ferrari!

As for Pat Fry, every move of a staff inevitably leads to some idea dissipation.
But you can count on that the move of Pat Fry to Ferrari was NOT because of any know-hows he may be private to.

bhall

What's the standard period of time for so-called gardening leave? Six months?
Last edited by Giblet on 07 Mar 2011, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed 'hidden text'

timbo

bhallg2k wrote:What's the standard period of time for so-called gardening leave? Six months?
Yeah, something like that.

NonNewtonic

Scuderia Ferrari 2011/12

What I think is Ferrari will definitely do better than the last season( if their radical design works) as I have faith in Pat Fry who was involved with the McLaren MP4-26 they used this year and for the flexy wing stuff is that Ferrari has over spoke it as what I knew is Mercedes do also has a flexy wing on their car since Turkey although is may not be as flexible the the one on the Ferrari but the Mercedes didn't even mention a word about it they just keep it among themselves which is the attitude teams should have. One the other hand I don't understand why the 'show' will not be interesting if the Ferraris are not competitive? The golden age of F1 which I think the most interesting is during the mid 80s and early 90s before the Schumacher era where Ferrari is not competitive at all
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 16 Dec 2011, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: multiple posts split from 150th Italia discussion.

hardingfv32

Re: Ferrari 150° Italia

NonNewtonic wrote:What I think is Ferrari will definitely do better than the last season( if their radical design works) as I have faith in Pat Fry who was involved with the McLaren MP4-26 they used this year and for the flexy wing stuff is that Ferrari has over spoke it as what I knew is Mercedes do also has a flexy wing on their car since Turkey although is may not be as flexible the the one on the Ferrari but the Mercedes didn't even mention a word about it they just keep it among themselves which is the attitude teams should have. One the other hand I don't understand why the 'show' will not be interesting if the Ferraris are not competitive? The golden age of F1 which I think the most interesting is during the mid 80s and early 90s before the Schumacher era where Ferrari is not competitive at all
1) There is a good chance they will not be better if they have done little to change their management or team. The performance of the team was not at the same level as RB or McLaren this season.

2) Ferrari's status is a very well know series management concern, at least in years past. Ferrari's importance is actually demonstrated in financial terms by series management.

Brian

NonNewtonic

hardingfv32 wrote:
NonNewtonic wrote:What I think is Ferrari will definitely do better than the last season( if their radical design works) as I have faith in Pat Fry who was involved with the McLaren MP4-26 they used this year and for the flexy wing stuff is that Ferrari has over spoke it as what I knew is Mercedes do also has a flexy wing on their car since Turkey although is may not be as flexible the the one on the Ferrari but the Mercedes didn't even mention a word about it they just keep it among themselves which is the attitude teams should have. One the other hand I don't understand why the 'show' will not be interesting if the Ferraris are not competitive? The golden age of F1 which I think the most interesting is during the mid 80s and early 90s before the Schumacher era where Ferrari is not competitive at all
1) There is a good chance they will not be better if they have done little to change their management or team. The performance of the team was not at the same level as RB or McLaren this season.

2) Ferrari's status is a very well know series management concern, at least in years past. Ferrari's importance is actually demonstrated in financial terms by series management.

Brian
I agree with that Brian the reason why Ferrari haven't won a Driver championship since 2007 and a constructor since 2008 is because their inefficiency in terms of management although they have the biggest budget of all teams but not all of them transfer into performance of the car

Mr.G

The problem isn't budget, nor lack of A. Neuwy in Ferrary. Preoblem is that team of a sport car development company can't update / modify / evolute their engine. Can't test, can do nothing except trying to simulate new airocomponent in CFD. This is just stupit no mather what they say about saving money.

It would be great if someone in Ferrari decide to build an hiden underground circuit where they can testing :) Or create a new "civil" car which will look like the F1 and use it for testing :D

Stupid rules :(
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

hardingfv32

Mr.G wrote:The problem isn't budget, nor lack of A. Neuwy in Ferrary. Preoblem is that team of a sport car development company can't update / modify / evolute their engine. Can't test, can do nothing except trying to simulate new airocomponent in CFD. This is just stupit no mather what they say about saving money.

Stupid rules :(
The problem is that "team" Ferrari isn't adapting to the current conditions. RB and McLaren seem to do fine under the current conditions. This is all part of the management and engineering challenges of the current F1 rules.

Brian

Crucial_Xtreme

First bit of news is that Ferrari have hired Jonathan Heal from McLaren is was MaCa's Senior Stress Engineer. ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6-Wkh-5 ... e=youtu.be

This will help with things such as flexible wings, etc etc. But more importantly is that Fry has started to completely change the way the Scuderia operate. Operations has changed to a much better way of doing things and we will see the results of these changes starting in 2012.

italian

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:First bit of news is that Ferrari have hired Jonathan Heal from McLaren is was MaCa's Senior Stress Engineer. ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6-Wkh-5 ... e=youtu.be

This will help with things such as flexible wings, etc etc. But more importantly is that Fry has started to completely change the way the Scuderia operate. Operations has changed to a much better way of doing things and we will see the results of these changes starting in 2012.
I hope you're right and Heal isn't the only enginer that they've taken from McLaren:
-Lawrence Hodge;
-Rupert Darekar;
-Giacomo Tortora;
-Neil Martin;
-Ioannis Veloudis.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

Crucial_Xtreme

italian wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:First bit of news is that Ferrari have hired Jonathan Heal from McLaren is was MaCa's Senior Stress Engineer. ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6-Wkh-5 ... e=youtu.be

I hope you're right and Heal isn't the only enginer that they've taken from McLaren:
-Lawrence Hodge;
-Rupert Darekar;
-Giacomo Tortora;
-Neil Martin;
-Ioannis Veloudis.
http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/14164/ ... la-mclaren

Mr Alcatraz

wrong thread :?
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand