Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

I think its a tactical decision as what red bull try to do in Malaysia where they were trying to retire Sebatian to have a new gearbox in China since the chance of scoring points there are low same as Michael's situation in Bahrain

Raptor22
Raptor22

His gearbox failed in Australia as well. SO if he has no hope of scoring today why not let him race the gearbox till it breaks and retire him so he gets a new one in Spain?

Unlikely Mercedes are going to make a decision strategically or tactically that will beenfit Schumacher.
Why in China did they alter Rosberg's car for the lower temps and not Schumachers?

beelsebob
beelsebob

Raptor22 wrote:His gearbox failed in Australia as well. SO if he has no hope of scoring today why not let him race the gearbox till it breaks and retire him so he gets a new one in Spain?

Unlikely Mercedes are going to make a decision strategically or tactically that will beenfit Schumacher.
Why in China did they alter Rosberg's car for the lower temps and not Schumachers?
Because in doing that, you write off today's race – he has a chance of a finish pretty high in the points today, even from the very back.

Raptor22
Raptor22

I highly doubt he will finish in the points.
The amount of technical failures on his car and pit crew errors and tactical blunders on the pit wall tells me he gets up behind Raikonen and that's where he stays, assuming he gets through the back markers without loosing front wing or incurring a puncture because someone needs to keep it close and cuts a rear tyre with a front wing end plate.
Schumacher has not had a single charge through the field work out save Spa last year.

Schumacher has not yet decided on his future because he is hoping his luck will turn. What he does not want to tell anyone is that his bad luck is made in Ross and Norbert office with Rosberg snr in consultation.

Schumacher has nothing left to prove. Mercedes brought him back because his experience would help them develop the car for Rosberg. He has his first win and Schumacher probably feels he has delivered what he was asked to. He won't come back next year unless its in a Ferrari. More likely he will retire to Switzerland and get back to his quiet life.
Schumacher is not the happy go lucky F1 driver he used to be. His demeanour reminds me of Aaryton Senna in his final season. Schumacher realises that he is not going to be allowed to win a race. The team will find more technical failures by giving him all the untried hardware to debug (as they have been doing the last two seasons)

beelsebob
beelsebob

Raptor22 wrote:I highly doubt he will finish in the points.
The amount of technical failures on his car and pit crew errors and tactical blunders on the pit wall tells me he gets up behind Raikonen and that's where he stays, assuming he gets through the back markers without loosing front wing or incurring a puncture because someone needs to keep it close and cuts a rear tyre with a front wing end plate.
Schumacher has not had a single charge through the field work out save Spa last year.
All it takes is starting on the hards, and getting into clean air – he'll run as fast as a Merc should run... i.e. fairly near the front by the time the pit stops work out.

snoop1050
snoop1050

aparently theres light rain and dark clouds so if merc have any sense at all they might aswell start schumacher from the pits so they can give him a setup for wet weather

ArchAngel

Satisfactory performances in qualifying of the first 3 races, followed by disaster during the races itself. This weekend, Schu gets left out in the cold in Q1, and gets booted further down to bring up the rear & complete the humiliation. A veritable minefield needs to be navigated before he can even begin to get a whiff of a solitary point.

Could this finally portend a reversal of fortunes, where he gets completely screwed in qualifying, yet finally manages to have a great race & result? Somehow, I feel the odds are greater of Michael being left up on jacks at the start of the parade lap, rather than him having a normal race & result.

His bad luck this season is just mind-bogglingly staggering. A lesser man would've already been completely deflated of any motivation for the remainder of the season, and be ready to announce retirement at the post-race interviews. At this rate, Mercedes can forget any WCC aspirations they may have since Schu is just about as helpful to that cause as Massa is to Ferrari's (1pt vs 0pt).

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

I really doubt there is a big conspiracy to make MSC lose specially since Ross Brawn is a longtime Schumacher friend and has said that his wish is for Schumy to win another WDC.

Fizz.Schumi
Fizz.Schumi

drops of rain in bahRAIN .. to make it worse this means type operating temperatures will be lower .. there goes the tires out of the operating window again.

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

Good grief this race is the most troublesome one yet and it's not even started.

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Rosberg said his car has been setup for race pace. I'm wondering if its the same case for MSC. Also it seems to me they are definately using sligtly different setups. Why not have the vent on Rosberg's car this time? Is this all a test or is it something else?

skgoa
skgoa

That's mostly due to people in this thread going crazy, though. :D

snoop1050
snoop1050

schumachers on softs.......... WTF? seriously

why didnt he start on meds and save the soft sets he has for low fuel load hes only going to ruin these tyres in the mid field battles anyway

Raptor22
Raptor22

schumachers race tyre strategy is the samne as Rosberg's

Couple that to a crap 2nd stop (again) and its pretty clear that Mercedes are deliberately sabotaging their own driver.

Time for Schumacher to retire or go drive for someone else. He is not being helped in any way at Mercedes

snoop1050
snoop1050

yea but why did they put schumacher on brand new softs and then pit him at the same time as everyone who started on used softs? it makes no sense...

all the backend teams that score points are the ones that start on he harder tyres and do a long first stint.

schumachers lap times looked good though i think he was faster than rosberg for a large chunk of the race though.