Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KATO

Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2013

RedBull F1 2013.. Off you go-!!
Last edited by Steven on 05 Jan 2015, 21:55, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed title
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

Nando

Re: RedBull Racing F1 Team 2013

Raymond, remember we talked about the RB6 and RB7 :)

Here are some times,

Fastest Q laps
Australia - RB7(2011) - 1 23 .5
Japan - RB7(2011) - 1 30.4
China - RB7(2011) - 1 33 .7
Monaco - RB7(2011) - 1 13.5
Hungary - RB6(2010) - 1 18.6
Italy - F2004(2004) - 1 20.0
Brazil - F2004(2004) - 1 10 6
Malasya - R25(2005) - 1 32 5

These are the actual world records. not official ones but actual ones.
RB7 was a beast.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

raymondu999

Nando wrote:Here are some times,

Fastest Q laps
Australia - RB7(2011) - 1 23 .5
Japan - RB7(2011) - 1 30.4
China - RB7(2011) - 1 33 .7
Monaco - RB7(2011) - 1 13.5
Hungary - RB6(2010) - 1 18.6
Italy - F2004(2004) - 1 20.0
Brazil - F2004(2004) - 1 10 6
Malasya - R25(2005) - 1 32 5
Would be good, if we were comparing the RB6 and RB7 as cars, but we're not... we're comparing how they were relative to the field (ie RB6 vs 2010 cars, RB7 vs 2011 cars)
RB7 was a beast.
The RB7 was a beast - there was never any argument about that. The argument was whether the RB6 or the RB7 was more of a beast. And I still stand by my words that the RB6 was a mightier car.

The RB6 was never beat on pure pace, ever, except for Monza. It missed on pole in Canada and in Singapore as well, but in Canada it was in no small part thanks to the (with hindsight) duff tyre strategy, and with the prime tyre was still only 0.268 slower than the McLaren on pole. The Singapore pole they were beat based on a mistake, but on pace stakes (which is what we're arguing over), they should have had pole, as adding up Vettel's best sector times in Q3 (compared to Alonso's best sector times in Q3) shows.

Even in race pace it had the legs on the competition. Here's a look at every race in 2010:

Bahrain - would've been a grand chelem had it not been for Vettel's spark plug
Australia - would've won had it not been for Vettel brake failure
Malaysia - Red Bull 1-2
China - bad strategy calls
Spain - dominant weekend, would've been a 1-2 had it not been for pitstop issues and brake problems for Vettel
Monaco - dominant 1-2
Canada - bad strategy, and broken gearboxes on both Red Bulls
Europe - dominant victory
Britain - dominant victory
Germany - on pole, but a bad start put Vettel in dirty air
Hungary - dominant victory, would've been a dominant 1-2 with the Red Bulls being an average 1.2s faster every single lap of the race
Belgium - duff start by Webber, mistake on track by Vettel
Italy - outdone on pace (as I noted above)
Singapore - would've been on pole had it not been for mistakes, and despite being in dirty air, stayed within 0.2-0.5s of Alonso for the entire 61 laps.
Japan - dominant victory
Korea - would've been a grand chelem had it not been for an engine failure
Brazil - dominant 1-2, consistently 0.5s quicker than the Ferraris, let alone McLarens
Abu Dhabi - dominant victory for Vettel

The RB7 had poles where it wasn't the fastest car. Nurburgring where the car struggled to get its nose into the apex at any of the hairpins, Hungary where Hamilton was 4 tenths up on Vettel's time until he blew it with a slide at the last hairpin, Suzuka where the McLarens were visibly the quicker car (and would've been on pole, had it not been for that qualifying timing gaffe by McLaren). Not to mention that the car didn't have the race pace of its competition sometimes.

The numbers don't tell this, because a lot of luck did help Vettel out, in terms of giving him a gap etc.

Australia - dominant victory, but it didn't have the tyre saving of the McLaren. Would've been a lot closer without Hamilton's bib failing.
Malaysia - would've been closer had Hamilton not locked up into T14 in qualifying (screwing 1 set of options) and had the McLarens not been held up by Heidfeld for the first few laps.
China - Couldn't close on Button in the first stint
Turkey - dominant win for Vettel
Spain - Hamilton was often up to 1.3s/lap quicker in the last stint - and got alongside Vettel 3 times in the DRS zone. Don't forget that Vettel's KERS wasn't available for about 10 laps of the final stint.
Monaco - Button was pulling away at 1s/lap, and had Button not come out of the pits behind Vettel, probably would've won.
Canada - Was on pole (dry) but when the track started drying in the race, Button started catching him massively
Europe - dominant win for Vettel
Britain - was simply outclassed by the Ferrari which pulled away at a constant rate of 0.8s/lap - all of which came from the Maggotts/Becketts section.
Germany - Webber simply couldn't pull away from the two guys behind him, and even though he got the lead via pitstops, he was caught and overtaken on track by Hamilton & Alonso
Hungary - Vettel was clearly struggling as the two McLarens just hounded him down in the wet. Button was still quicker than Vettel in the dry parts of the race though.
Belgium - dominant 1-2, but they had to risk possible tyre failures by going past safety recommendations from Pirelli
Italy - dominant victory
Singapore - looked dominant at the start, but it became clear Button was just toying with him when Button started reeling him in at 1s/lap at the end
Japan - Car didn't have the pace nor the tyre life of the Ferrari or McLaren.
Korea - Marbles stalling Hamilton's front wing clouds the issue, making a direct comparison difficult.
India - dominant victory
Abu Dhabi - difficult to read because Vettel (retired due to puncture) is usually quicker in Abu Dhabi, and was definitely the quicker RB7 driver, so we can't really tell. But let's not forget that the fastest lap of qualifying was done by a McLaren - just that it happened at the wrong time (Q2)
Brazil - dominant 1-2
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Juzh

RB6 ate RB7 trough all kind of corners, and on race pace by well over a second no problem at all. DD all the way. Just check the 2010 korea, hungary & silverstone pole laps cornering insanity by vettel. Then check Webber's pole in spain going flat in 6th gear trough turn 9 i belive. RB7 never came even close to matching that. DRS and kers saved the qualli lap times, but during the race it was clear which car was superior.

Huntresa

Juzh wrote:RB6 ate RB7 trough all kind of corners, and on race pace by well over a second no problem at all. DD all the way. Just check the 2010 korea, hungary & silverstone pole laps cornering insanity by vettel. Then check Webber's pole in spain going flat in 6th gear trough turn 9 i belive. RB7 never came even close to matching that. DRS and kers saved the qualli lap times, but during the race it was clear which car was superior.
Ofc a car with DD is better then one without espeiclaly comparing 2010 vs 2011. In 2010 you had DD and Blown in 2011 you only had Blown even if 2011 blown was more sophisticated.

Nando

Juzh wrote:RB6 ate RB7 trough all kind of corners, and on race pace by well over a second no problem at all. DD all the way. Just check the 2010 korea, hungary & silverstone pole laps cornering insanity by vettel. Then check Webber's pole in spain going flat in 6th gear trough turn 9 i belive. RB7 never came even close to matching that. DRS and kers saved the qualli lap times, but during the race it was clear which car was superior.
But now you are removing some elements of the cars.
Saying "oh this car had KERS and DRS" is like saying that the F2004 has 240 horses more then a RB6 thus we need to remove that. or removing the active suspension on the williams, the traction control on the F2007 etc.
KERS and DRS are features the same as a double diffuser is.

Monaco is a great example of just how quick the RB7 was. there you slap on every single piece of downforce you can get.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Juzh

Nando wrote:
But now you are removing some elements of the cars.
Saying "oh this car had KERS and DRS" is like saying that the F2004 has 240 horses more then a RB6 thus we need to remove that. or removing the active suspension on the williams, the traction control on the F2007 etc.
KERS and DRS are features the same as a double diffuser is.

Monaco is a great example of just how quick the RB7 was. there you slap on every single piece of downforce you can get.
You are correct to a certain point. But webber's 2010 pole in monaco was actually quite a bad lap, when you look at it closely. RB6 clearly had some time in hand.

PlatinumZealot

The 2011 cars had different tyres too. But even Newey said the RB7 was slower than the RB6.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

CottrellGP

Hi all, not sure if its been mentioned somewhere before but do you think RB will have a new logo this season?
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

Cam

Did you mean the livery of the car? I doubt Red Bull would change their company branding, but, new or changed sponsors could see a change in the colour scheme of the car and prominence of other logos compared to the Red Bull one. It do you mean the Ref Bull Racing team logo may change now with Infinity playing a bigger role? Perhaps but I would doubt it. Red Bull are marketing gods and would not alter any brand without a very sound strategic plan.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

RB7ate9

CottrellGP wrote:Yep its a random question, that's why this board/forum has been created so i can ask people questions or post things and dont most F1 team change there logo when they get a title sponsor like ING Renault, Panasonic Toyota, Vodafone McLaren, it was just a though
The color scheme will stay the same (unlike the Renault blue to yellow/white/orange). Red Bull the company will always be the major sponsor to the team, and so having THAT brand recognition will take precedence. Considering that Infiniti have their symbol, that may get a humongous decal somewhere on the car (sidepods, rear wing, nose) but certainly not in a manner that will detract from the bull on the engine cover.

On a side theory, considering their string of success, I would venture a guess that it's also a superstition thing to not change livery while they're on their hot streak (the '12 Silverstone livery being less a change and more of a one-off thing).

CottrellGP

RB7ate9 wrote:
CottrellGP wrote:Yep its a random question, that's why this board/forum has been created so i can ask people questions or post things and dont most F1 team change there logo when they get a title sponsor like ING Renault, Panasonic Toyota, Vodafone McLaren, it was just a though
The color scheme will stay the same (unlike the Renault blue to yellow/white/orange). Red Bull the company will always be the major sponsor to the team, and so having THAT brand recognition will take precedence. Considering that Infiniti have their symbol, that may get a humongous decal somewhere on the car (sidepods, rear wing, nose) but certainly not in a manner that will detract from the bull on the engine cover.

On a side theory, considering their string of success, I would venture a guess that it's also a superstition thing to not change livery while they're on their hot streak (the '12 Silverstone livery being less a change and more of a one-off thing).
I thought that as well, thanks for replying positively! :)
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

lio007

seems RBR has a new logo:

the old one:

Shakeman

Bit of a PR fail, according to twitters at the event RB agressively threatening to take cameras away.

There will be plenty of long lens action next week, RB...

Lurk

They'll have people on the grandstand to take them away... Will have an auto-blur during FOM footage too. #-o
Anyway, if they didn't want camera, they could have at warn prevent press people. Take photo during a press conference is not an uncommon thing AFAIK...