Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
raymondu999

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

Back then it was Pat Fry on the 07/09 cars. When Fry left in 2010, they changed their alternating system, to one team doing all cars, so they already aren't on an alternating basis
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mika1
Mika1

The boss follows me on twitter.

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

I've read a lot of posts on the forums, but is there any concrete evidence from either party to confirm, what I understand to be rumours?

Shakeman

ajdavison2 wrote:I've read a lot of posts on the forums, but is there any concrete evidence from either party to confirm, what I understand to be rumours?
Don't be daft. A lot of 2+2=5.

I've just read another article suggesting that Ron has flexed the company cheque book to keep Lowe and that Merc have offered him 900k. I don't think too many people are letting the facts, or lack thereof, get in the way of a good story.

jamsbong
jamsbong

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21143847

Looks like Team Hamilton has migrated to Mercedes.
Paddy Lowe has been hired to work with Lewis in the new team.

Brawn is set to go out like Schumacher. This means Button and Mclaren would want him since he was responsible for all of Button's championship success! ;)

spadeflush

jamsbong wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21143847

Looks like Team Hamilton has migrated to Mercedes.
Paddy Lowe has been hired to work with Lewis in the new team.

Brawn is set to go out like Schumacher. This means Button and Mclaren would want him since he was responsible for all of Button's championship success! ;)
You're a little late to the party. That story's been discussed 2 pages back. Its still speculation. I think we ll find out more on that today, I read somewhere that Brawn and Hamilton are getting interviewed today by the British media.
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

jamsbong
jamsbong

:o sorry... Hahaha. :)

Bredd
Bredd

Benson confirms mercedes have talked to paddy Lowe but Brawn wants to stay team principle.

Mika1
Mika1

Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton
Yesterday I ran the sim with Nico.

Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton
Good morning!! On my way to Mercedes, today Ross is presenting me to the team. Will then have a load of media & then sim.

Shakeman

Bredd wrote:Benson confirms mercedes have talked to paddy Lowe but Brawn wants to stay team principle.
It appears to be a "succession plan" for Brawn. Brawn has failed to commit to Merc long term so this succession plan could be brought forward.

But it is clear Lowe is Merc's target and is officially in the open.

Mika1
Mika1

CjC
CjC

Shakeman wrote:
Bredd wrote:Benson confirms mercedes have talked to paddy Lowe but Brawn wants to stay team principle.
It appears to be a "succession plan" for Brawn. Brawn has failed to commit to Merc long term so this succession plan could be brought forward.

But it is clear Lowe is Merc's target and is officially in the open.
So it's either technical director for mclaren or technical director for Mercedes, it all boils down to the same old same old, who's cheque books are bigger....
Just a fan's point of view

Vasconia

I really would like to see Brawn in Mclaren, he needs "fresh air" after 3 awful years.

elf341
elf341

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105254
"But everybody knows the only way a racing team will work is to have one reference, and I'm that reference."

"I am the team principal. I am in charge of sporting, technical and racing matters," Brawn said.
The political heavyweight Ross Brawn that we've seen less of in recent years rising up it appears! They seem like pretty definite statements.

Shakeman

Musical chairs, James Allison being lined up for McLaren. (From James Allen on twitter if that's a trusted enough source for the mods?) Posted here as it's part of the Merc/Lowe saga.

I think the deal has been done and Brawn is on his way but it could be just due diligence on Macca's part.

This brain drain merry-go-round is more interesting than the driver's market.