Sahara Force India F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KATO

Sahara Force India F1 Team 2013

Force India F1 2013.. Off you go-!!
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2013

Force India has reached an agreement with Ferrari to use their engines in 2014.

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/23880/ ... orce-india

Hail22

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Force India has reached an agreement with Ferrari to use their engines in 2014.

Could be a strategy in order to drop Toro Rosso as they would most likely hand an engine or two to rivals Renault motorsport in order to study its strengths/weaknesses (just my opinion).

I wonder why SFI would want to drop Mercedes as a power plant... :?:
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

fritticaldi

The media in Finland is reporting that Jules Bianchi is now favoured to take the second seat as he is part of the Ferrari engine deal.

raymondu999

Hail22 wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Force India has reached an agreement with Ferrari to use their engines in 2014.

Could be a strategy in order to drop Toro Rosso as they would most likely hand an engine or two to rivals Renault motorsport in order to study its strengths/weaknesses (just my opinion).

I wonder why SFI would want to drop Mercedes as a power plant... :?:
Perhaps a Di Resta similar deal? "We'll give you cheaper engines if you help field our driver?"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

KATO

I've always believed that STR being a RedBull sub team was kind of funny I wouldn't be surprised if Renault takes some of the used engines and takes a look would be hat at all to do.. I'm sure they have had a look... It's possible..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

How would they? Renault wouldn't have any people in STR though.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

KATO

raymondu999 wrote:How would they? Renault wouldn't have any people in STR though.
RebBull.. ToroRosso.. Same diff.. Why not?? It's their....... Now I'm not a conspiracy nut but if I had a Ferrari engine in the other Garage that I also own..... It wouldn't be that hard to walk over and take a look.. But let's not troll or dwel on this.....
2014 Force India with Ferrari power that would be Sauber and STR assuming...
4 teams running Ferrari powered cars..
__Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

To my knowledge STR shifts to Renault power in 2014 though...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_
stefan_

Force India to launch 2013 car on February 1

Force India will present its 2013 challenger to the public on Friday February 1, becoming the first team to announce an official car launch for the upcoming season. The event is expected to take place at Silverstone, in the same manner as 2012.

"So we've pencilled in Friday 1st of February for the presentation of our 2013 car in the UK," the team explained via Twitter. "That's the week before testing begins in Spain."

Although Force India is yet to announce its driver line-up for the 2013 season, Paul di Resta is almost certain to retain his seat at the Silverstone-based squad. Adrian Sutil, Jaime Alguersuari and Sébastien Buemi are other candidates for a full-time drive.

The opening pre-season test takes place from February 5-8 at the Circuito de Jerez in Southern Spain.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

KATO

Any new on Force Indias LineUp-??
__Ayrton Senna

user001
user001

It was reported that the new engines could cost up to 20 million euro. considering this bianchi could really outweigh the millions that sutil would bring with more than bianchi.

it´s written in the article that the decision is likely to be made official by the end of the week. don´t get from the article as this would only mean the engine and or sutil/bianchi...

could anyone give a proper translation of the end of the article?

thanks

Forghieri

winth304 wrote:It was reported that the new engines could cost up to 20 million euro. considering this bianchi could really outweigh the millions that sutil would bring with more than bianchi.

it´s written in the article that the decision is likely to be made official by the end of the week. don´t get from the article as this would only mean the engine and or sutil/bianchi...

could anyone give a proper translation of the end of the article?

thanks
The first part says that Force India has reached an agreement in principal to switch to Ferrari engines, not only that, the idea is that they become a satellite team of Ferrari, like Torro Rosso is for Red Bull (TR is expected to switch to Renault engines).

The last part literally says: Jules was more than impressive during the young driver tests, this summer in Abu Dhabi, where he made all to clear, that the F2012 could very well be less competitive than the Force India, givin the fact he drove both cars, putting the Force India ahead by more than half a second.
Official announcements are to be expected by the end of this week.

I think they are talking about the full package, engines, Bianchi, satellite team, which is not a small thing, becoming a satellite team, they would lose a part of their identity, but on the other hand guarantee continuity with a good priced engine, and technical support from Ferrari.
Do you feel you can beat the Red Bulls, either to pole position or the race itself?
Fernando Alonso: "I prefer to beat them on Sunday."

user001
user001

Forghieri wrote: I think they are talking about the full package, engines, Bianchi, satellite team, which is not a small thing, becoming a satellite team, they would lose a part of their identity, but on the other hand guarantee continuity with a good priced engine, and technical support from Ferrari.
question is whether they want to do that or not. it was reported recently that force india´s board approved another 50 million pounds to be invested continuously from next year on in infrastructure. being a satellite team could be good and bad. mallya and his team are in (maybe) short term financial trouble it was said, that di resta and hulkenberg did not get any salary for the whole season. i can imagine this could also have played a part in hulks decision to switch to sauber.

point is: mallya could simply be forced to do this step.

KATO

Sauber maid it clear that while hey may have a Ferrari engine hey will not be a satellite team. Perez said at Monza they will fight anyone even Ferrari and they did. So if Ferrari want a satellite team it makes sence to work with one of the mid table teams and Force India has become a good team.. Sauber on the other hand is said to be looking strongly at using a Porsche engine MAYBE.... Who knows because of Ferrari wanting to design chassis and be more technecly involved and while Sauber doesn't make their engines they to fabricate their whole chassis and aero packages they run their own everything but the engine. Clearly the Sauber was a better car this year (which gives more Merit to Alonso for this years drive) anyways I could see Force India benefiting from being a satellite team but the negative thing is they expect you to lead to the side and let them pass you. So they can compete as much they can but always behind Ferrari....... A thing Sauber isn't willing to do. And Force India will have to except..
__Ayrton Senna