Scuderia Toro Rosso 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Scuderia Toro Rosso 2013

This car always starts well in winter testing and the first race, but they never seem to get development pace right thereafter. It's not just the technical side though, in the last three years they have under-delivered on the driver side and the operations side. With that in mind every single person at TR knows There has to be improvements next year because mr. Dietrich has expressed his disappointment publicly!!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Huntresa

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso 2013

Lets hope James Key can help them with the development, cause i assume he doesnt have much to say about next years car since he didnt start that early at TR.

But maybe some of his ideas has gone in so that he can control the development better, maybe drop the ugly ass undercut sidepods which seems to bring nothing extra ?

marcush.

Huntresa wrote:Lets hope James Key can help them with the development, cause i assume he doesnt have much to say about next years car since he didnt start that early at TR.

But maybe some of his ideas has gone in so that he can control the development better, maybe drop the ugly ass undercut sidepods which seems to bring nothing extra ?
According to some people here a new hiring could have an influence only in 2014 ...but Keys influence was felt at Sauber instantly as it was felt at TR.
Key already stated that Monocoque design was already set in stone when he arrived but he was happy with what he found.
So basically they are in position to improve based on Keys input and expertise as a decision maker.Obviously the drivers are a questionmark with this team since Vettels departure. I would change the system with the drivers if I were TR and demand more in terms of learning curve.So it would be 4 races to get a handle on team and proceeedures then 4 races to make your mark
and say 2 more if there is still uncertainty .

Hail22

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/55696/ ... -ricciardo

Daniel Ricciardo has stated that the 2013 TR looks to be "different" to its 2012 counterpart, so either its due to the
"modesty" nose cut offs or its genuinely a different car and he goes to say that "its not some copy", interesting...
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Shakeman

Taureau Rouge next year?

TR want Renault power next year. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/02/05/t ... deal-2014/

Neno

n smikle wrote:This car always starts well in winter testing and the first race, but they never seem to get development pace right thereafter. It's not just the technical side though, in the last three years they have under-delivered on the driver side and the operations side. With that in mind every single person at TR knows There has to be improvements next year because mr. Dietrich has expressed his disappointment publicly!!
well all of Toro Rosso foundation depends on Red Bull, it's normal to this team already for melbourne finding theyself in gap. everything has own priority in this case Red Bull is a team for winning championship.

we can see it clearly, every year around korea gp, toro rosso sudenly become 0.6 second faster then in previous GP. team who strugling getting in q2 start to make his moves in q1. this not happening because they suddenly find miracle and find setup or performances, it's happening because red bull is already in good position to win championship.When red bull is already secured with good position, money go to Toro Rosso.

raymondu999

Sounds like a plausible theory Neno - but let's not forget that similar upturns in performance happened in 2010 (I'd say not quite in 2012) when both titles were still in limbo
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

skoop

will the team be renamed for 2014? it's scuderia torro rosso becouse of the ferrari engines, isn't it? using renault engines next season it would make sense to drop the scuderia. or is there more behind it i just don't know about?

Holm86

Scuderia Toro Rosso is italian. Just mens Team Red Bull. If it is because of the engine being italian it should be called "Équipe Taureau Rouge" next year with the engine being french :D
Last edited by Holm86 on 19 Aug 2013, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

skoop

oh, i didn't know that. thanks :)

krisfx

I think Toro Rosso is named because of their Italian base and heritage from Minardi and as part of the contract with Red Bull it has to be Italian based etc etc. That would explain the name :)

Holm86

krisfx wrote:I think Toro Rosso is named because of their Italian base and heritage from Minardi and as part of the contract with Red Bull it has to be Italian based etc etc. That would explain the name :)
Makes sense to me :)

marcush.

there is not much to be redirected these days ,Toro rosso is independant from RB these days as this was demanded by the powers i charge in formula 1 .
Does not mean they would not share information when possible or necessary but i think the benefit next year with Renault powertrain will be substantially bigger.

raymondu999

While official info sharing is not possible, I'm sure it is possible for sketchbooks and notebooks to be "carelessly" left lying around.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Crucial_Xtreme

Great video from STR showing some CFD shots and looking at their wind tunnel. Very interesting video.