Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SectorOne

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

I´m not sure how to react to those tweets to be honest.

Part me says great, F1 fans can have a say in whether or not there´s a penalty.
The other part says they can´t even manage their own drivers and make a decision despite having 2,5 bosses in the team.
Or they are terrified at what damage it will do to their image as an F1 team.

If Ross was here i think his decision would come milliseconds after the crash and everyone would simply have to deal with it.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

mrluke
mrluke

Look at it the other way.

If Rosberg had got his back wheel level with Hamilton's front wing by the end of the braking zone, had then turned in and Hamilton had driven into Rosberg's rear wheel.....Hamilton would be being flayed.

dans79

SectorOne wrote:I´m not sure how to react to those tweets to be honest.

Part me says great, F1 fans can have a say in whether or not there´s a penalty.
The other part says they can´t even manage their own drivers and make a decision despite having 2,5 bosses in the team.
Or they are terrified at what damage it will do to their image as an F1 team.

If Ross was here i think his decision would come milliseconds after the crash and everyone would simply have to deal with it.
Tweets like this usually come from high up in management (initiated by not written), as tweets like this themselves can cause bad pr. I have seen this several times in my company. They are used to feel out the public, and see what the public really wants.
Last edited by dans79 on 28 Aug 2014, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
197 104 103 7

SilverArrow10

Or there twitter guy is just bored and he wants to see what people thought about the team and situation, I doubt he or she, or the public with have any input into what the team will do. All I can see on twitter are extreme Hamilton fans wanting a race ban.

I would love to see Ant Davidson have a go though, and then go off to win the WEC.
Last edited by SilverArrow10 on 28 Aug 2014, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

dans79

SilverArrow10 wrote:Or there twitter guy is just bored and he wants to see what people thought about the team and situation, I doubt he or she, or the public with have any input into what the team will do. All I can see on twitter are extreme Hamilton fans wanting a race ban.
I'm a developer, and work very closely with my compaines PR department. No Pr professional would start something like this given the sh*t storm they are already in, unless directed to.
197 104 103 7

SilverArrow10

dans79 wrote:
SilverArrow10 wrote:Or there twitter guy is just bored and he wants to see what people thought about the team and situation, I doubt he or she, or the public with have any input into what the team will do. All I can see on twitter are extreme Hamilton fans wanting a race ban.
I'm a developer, and work very closely with my compaines PR department. No Pr professional would start something like this given the sh*t storm they are already in, unless directed to.
Well your the expert. I just looks unprofessional to me. As someone said like they are scared to act on their own.
Last edited by SilverArrow10 on 28 Aug 2014, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

andrewf1

We shouldn't be complaining,they're reaching out to the fans. It's what the fans want every year, more involvement. I believe it's a great publicity stunt, it generates buzz. Don't believe it has anything to do with the management being unable to establish order within the team by themselves.

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

dans79

I love how Rob doesn't say a word about nico's comments after the race, basically ignoring the core of the issue.
197 104 103 7

basti313
basti313

I do not really get what the Merc managment (eg Toto, Niki and Paddy) wants...
Teammates should be able to make this corner next to each other. Even Mag and Alo managed to do so and they surely didn't like each other very much during the last race...Merc has a crazy ruling and this supports the problems they have.
On one side it is ok to push your teammate off track, like Ham did in Bahrain, like Ros did in Canada, like Ham did in Hungary. So they are not driving like teammates as they loose positions with this, like Ham did in Canada or like Ros would have if he would have driven off track in Spa instead of into Ham's wheel.
But on the other hand there is a "no contact rule"???
For me this is completely out of rational ruling. As long as pushing off track is allowed there will always be contact at some point.
Don`t russel the hamster!

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Here's what I don't understand...

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/124 ... ving-point
According to Hamilton, Rosberg “basically said he did it on purpose”...

While Wolff has denied that Rosberg admitted crashing deliberately... Rosberg acknowledged "he could have avoided crashing but didn’t [in order to] make a point.”
What the hell is the difference? I'm pretty sure "making a point" = deliberate.

seinfeld
seinfeld

yeah its just double speak. its to just diffuse the media.
would love to see Nico stood down for the Italian GP but dont see it happen

FW17

Making a point need not be anything to do with incident but the entire situation altogether

As no one here knows what the entire discussion was and are speculating, I would like to add to it.

Point being made by Nico; If team mates need not follow team orders as they are fighting for championship and can take their own decisions, then teammates can also go wheel to wheel and crash and team managers should no be agitated as they are fighting for the championship and prior agreements are useless if allowed to be broken by one and goes with out any consequence.

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

except Wolff was very clear that Lewis did not disobey team orders in Hungary. The problem was the team's communication to Nico was inaccurate - Lewis was not instructed to let Nico by full stop, but not to make Nico's life difficult if he was in a position to make a pass. Nico never put himself in a position to pass.

Gotta say I've lost some respect for Nico after all this.

dans79

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Point being made by Nico; If team mates need not follow team orders as they are fighting for championship and can take their own decisions, then teammates can also go wheel to wheel and crash and team managers should no be agitated as they are fighting for the championship and prior agreements are useless if allowed to be broken by one and goes with out any consequence.
I should mention, that Nico was the first person to disobey team orders in Bahrain, by using engine modes he wasn't supposed to.
197 104 103 7