Caterham F1 team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
iotar__

Re: Caterham F1 team 2014

kooleracer wrote:
gray41 wrote:Chance for frijns?
Lets hope so, because Marcus Ericsson is not up for the task he wasn't in GP2 and isn't now.
How is that better for Frijns? Especially when no one seems to know much about mysterious consortium that bought it. New owners don't have names, only front: Albers, Kolles.
Ericsson's problem is weight, inexperience and bad car that makes comparisons difficult. Is Frijns light - important question about F1 drivers these days, after googling - he is 171-61. It won't matter - if they want to survive they need one or two paying drivers, one experienced preferably. It seems like another future customer car.

FW17

Hope they at least change the colours to indicate a change of ownership.
If some more money has come into the team and they can afford to let go of one of the pay drivers, it will be great to see frijns in as he is simply a better driver than Ericson and Kobayashi.

Will Christian Albers (35) be the youngest team principal of F1?

kooleracer
kooleracer

iotar__ wrote:
kooleracer wrote:
gray41 wrote:Chance for frijns?
Lets hope so, because Marcus Ericsson is not up for the task he wasn't in GP2 and isn't now.
How is that better for Frijns? Especially when no one seems to know much about mysterious consortium that bought it. New owners don't have names, only front: Albers, Kolles.
Ericsson's problem is weight, inexperience and bad car that makes comparisons difficult. Is Frijns light - important question about F1 drivers these days, after googling - he is 171-61. It won't matter - if they want to survive they need one or two paying drivers, one experienced preferably. It seems like another future customer car.
Having a fast driver is the key to succes in F1. Kyvat has more or less the same experience as Ericsson and he is putting up a great fight against Vergne. People put to much emphasis on experience, when Kyvat drove in Brazil last year you could immediately see that he was fast. Ericsson has now driven almost half a season there a no excuses anymore, F1 is not a place were you get the time to learn. Learning has to be done in in the junior categories. Frijns was 0.3s quicker then Ericsson in the first FP session he did. There 3 drivers that aren't good enough for F1, those are Marcus Ericsson, Esteban Gutierrez and Max Chilton. Caterham is paying the price right now for hiring Ericsson, he brings in money but Caterham has only one horse they can bet on....
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

FW17

Monaco was a Kobayashi mess up

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Ugh. I can't believe Colin Kolles as slimed his way back in to F1. That bloke is a complete waste of space, Caterham will go nowhere under his leadership.

iotar__

Diesel wrote:Ugh. I can't believe Colin Kolles as slimed his way back in to F1. That bloke is a complete waste of space, Caterham will go nowhere under his leadership.
Yes, because F1 is elite place for sophisticated gentlemen like Ron Dennis, Mateschitz and Luca Montezemolo (without a Di, all people are equal). Look how great teams run by them (minus RB) are doing.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Caterham F1 team 2014

iotar__ wrote:
Diesel wrote:Ugh. I can't believe Colin Kolles as slimed his way back in to F1. That bloke is a complete waste of space, Caterham will go nowhere under his leadership.
Yes, because F1 is elite place for sophisticated gentlemen like Ron Dennis, Mateschitz and Luca Montezemolo (without a Di, all people are equal). Look how great teams run by them (minus RB) are doing.
Better than any team Kolles has run.

He's a snake. Recently tried to blackmail toto wolf. He never achieved anything running the ex Jordan team through its various different names. He should go back to being a dentist.

George-Jung
George-Jung

iotar__ wrote: Ericsson's problem is weight, inexperience and bad car that makes comparisons difficult. Is Frijns light - important question about F1 drivers these days
Look at Hulkenberg and Perez, clearly The Hulk is much heavier.. But you wouldn't say so, looking at the results.
I would prefer a fast driver over a lighter driver..

Trailer23

When Tony left, he took his Big Time sponsors with him.

1. Airbus
2. GE
3. Safran

CHT
CHT

Trailer23 wrote:When Tony left, he took his Big Time sponsors with him.

1. Airbus
2. GE
3. Safran

The names of the companies are indeed big, but I doubt there are much sponsorship money in them because these companies are AirAsia suppliers which are most likely doing this out of goodwill for their multi billion aircraft and engine orders.

Cam

Diesel wrote:He should go back to being a dentist.
Wiki wrote:Despite running a Formula One team, Kolles has still been called upon to use his dentistry skills. Before the 2005 Turkish Grand Prix, he was forced to perform dental surgery on his driver Tiago Monteiro, who was suffering from toothache that was severe enough to potentially keep him out of the race. He also performed a similar procedure on Midland's other driver Christijan Albers at the 2006 French Grand Prix.
:lol:
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

xpensive
xpensive

There is something seriously fishy about this, Tony Fernandes wanted out and was thinking closing on the spot, but who in this sorry mess has a vested interest in keeping the 11th team running for the rest of the season, think really hard now? :lol:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Pierce89

Diesel wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
Better than any team Kolles has run.

He's a snake. Recently tried to blackmail toto wolf. He never achieved anything running the ex Jordan team through its various different names. He should go back to being a dentist.
The Wolff-Kolles thing cracked me up. It ended with a settlement to prevent Kolles releasing it, so I'd say he blackmailed him rather than merely trying.

Only Kolles could pull that and then get back in f1 the next season. If nothing else, you have to admit he is a resourceful little turd.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

xpensive
xpensive

Kolles is MrE's cohort and his assignment is to keep the 11th team afloat until the end of the season, there is no mysterious swiss-arabic investor, MrE is footing the bill as he has obligations to the race-organizers, that's all there's to it.

I feel truly sorry for Marcus Ericsson, but spending that kind of money on that team was ill-advised at best.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Cam

So we can assume Caterham won't be moving to Mercedes PU then?
Reportedly, Wolff and Kolles have settled their dispute with the intervention of F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone...
Whats the bet MrE took a cut of that? Sounds like a page straight from the 'Ecclestone for Success' playbook :lol:
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.