Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren_mircea

Mclaren Mercedes 2014

Will it be a title-sponsor or not?

Pup
Pup

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

It's being reported that Mansour Ojjeh has stepped down from the McLaren board and his brother has taken over his role. I assume it's health related.
https://twitter.com/f1enigma/status/423067882822856704

KingHamilton01

I don't think McLaren will go without a title sponsor, they are just being very hush, hush! I also think this is the right time for a change of livery to show McLaren are changing as A team.
McLaren Mercedes

FoxHound

Rumours abound that a very distinctive livery is set for a return from a famous racing name.

Karun Chandock was the major stoker of this fire today so I'm wondering if indeed mclaren will go back to orange and white.
And joe saward recently commented of the possibilty of Orange telecommunications being a sponsor.
https://twitter.com/karunchandhok/statu ... 4332236801
Last edited by Richard on 15 Jan 2014, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to tweet added
JET set

bauc

Yes, I've read the tweet from Karun Chandock as well, and I'm sure he means Mclaren ...dam 9 more days....just 9 more days
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Manoah2u

it could very well be. his blue monday post containing several red-white mclaren's might be interesting.
however, it could very well be quite different.

lotus was a famous racing name and held several colours aswell; they had the [current stylized] JPS black-gold livery,
the red-white gold leaf livery, the camel-elf yellow livery, and the classic yellow-green livery. since caterham/teamlotus
has been ridin' that, it'll be either the goldleaf or yellow livery IF it were to be lotus.

true though that 'special livery' would fit solely to mclaren. the only team that is going for a huge sponsorship change is mclaren.
but the question remains: will it be white-red, or, is chandhok talking because he drove a car that might had a livery that could look like mclaren's new one?

after all, it's been discussed about a possibile black-red mclaren with a sony deal?

still....could be red-white, could be orange, could be....

...another team entirely! like a white-green petrobras williams.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

diego1960

Williams livery from the beginning of the 90's was one of the best in F1. I would certainly like to see that back compared to the lifeless dark blue/white that they have now.

As for McLaren, I would like to see the Malboro livery back although I consider it unlikely. When was orange used as a sole colour? I don't think it would look as nice as the Marlboro or the West livery but who knows, maybe I am mistaken.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Holm86

During the last month McLaren has posted a few pictures of the old White/Red cars on their facebook. Could be a hint. Could be just random.

FoxHound

The Sony rumours also continue to gather pace. And as they have just launched the PS4, will be looking for a high profile tech partner like McLaren to add sheen to their products.
And this still fits in with the Orange/white colour scheme rumours. Sony's computer entertainment division logo is not black on white SONY.

It is....

I'm off to bet that the McLaren of 2014 will be orange and white.
JET set

ergenomic

Black and white will be the predominant colours for any Sony advertising. I would be surprised if they choose to promote a sub-brand like Playstation, over the mother brand. Should this eventuate, the closest thing will be along the lines of of the MP4-20

Last edited by ergenomic on 15 Jan 2014, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.

xDama

Why would Sony want to use the SCE-logo and colourscheme, if they're going to promote the PS4? Doesn't seem logic to me?
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

diego1960

Holm86 wrote:During the last month McLaren has posted a few pictures of the old White/Red cars on their facebook. Could be a hint. Could be just random.
Didn't they say however that there would be more black? If i remember correctly.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Holm86

diego1960 wrote:
Holm86 wrote:During the last month McLaren has posted a few pictures of the old White/Red cars on their facebook. Could be a hint. Could be just random.
Didn't they say however that there would be more black? If i remember correctly.
Who are "they"?? McLaren hasnt said anything as far as I am aware.

Holm86

I know this doesnt say anything. But there has been much focus on the white/red cars from McLaren lately. Also on facebook. McLaren F1 facebook page updated their coverphoto to a photo of these 3 cars as well.
https://twitter.com/KevinMagnussen/stat ... 4053691392

Gridlock

FoxHound wrote: And joe saward recently commented of the possibilty of Orange telecommunications being a sponsor.
Orange won't exist in the UK after March, so this is highly doubtful.