Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mikeerfol

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

Hmm, I thought Fallows goes to McLaren as well..

Holm86

I thought Dan Fallows was to follow Prodromou to McLaren.

KingHamilton01

This is massive for McLaren, I believe this is the missing piece in the jigsaw, do we know how long he is on gardening leave for? when can he start work for McLaren.
McLaren Mercedes

Juzh

KingHamilton01 wrote:
This is massive for McLaren, I believe this is the missing piece in the jigsaw, do we know how long he is on gardening leave for? when can he start work for McLaren.
This is old news. He can start 6 months from now.

akshat21
akshat21

This means that he will have very little impact on next year's car. Since he can't join McLaren till October.

mikeerfol

Thunder

Hoping to get Dan Fallows to Macca too. Prodromou alone is a very Big deal, Fallows would make it perfect.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Lazy
Lazy

There is a suggestion that a deal will be made where Fallows stays at RB and Podromou starts straight away at McLaren.

frosty125
frosty125

I guess McLaren must be thinking they hold a good hand on this

Red Bull will want one of their aero guys to remain so they can help work on next years car. They can't keep Peter Prodromou so they now have to put him on gardening leave but with Dan Fallow contracted to McLaren then I can imagine Red Bull releasing Prodromou early to McLaren in return for McLaren releasing Fallow...

akshat21
akshat21

If McLaren can do this swap and have Peter work on next years car. It would be a major boost.

akshat21
akshat21

Thunders wrote:Hoping to get Dan Fallows to Macca too. Prodromou alone is a very Big deal, Fallows would make it perfect.
Apparently. Fallows was supposed to follow Prodromou to McLaran. Hence McLaren getting the lawyers involved.

Full story : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113367

Pup
Pup

Well, the lawyers can't force Fallows to work for McLaren, but they can extract a hefty settlement from him for breaking his contract. And they can go after Red Bull for interfering with the contract. They might be able to prevent Fallows from working for Red Bull for a period.

More importantly, these things mean they are in a position to negotiate an early release for Podromou from his gardening leave.

beelsebob
beelsebob

McLaren are screwed on that one. It's been fought several times in court, and decided many times in the same direction - a company can not force someone to work for them, or stop them from working for someone else, ever. No matter what the contract says.

Pierce89

Pup wrote:Well, the lawyers can't force Fallows to work for McLaren, but they can extract a hefty settlement from him for breaking his contract. And they can go after Red Bull for interfering with the contract. They might be able to prevent Fallows from working for Red Bull for a period.

More importantly, these things mean they are in a position to negotiate an early release for Podromou from his gardening leave.
Red Bull will pay a cash settlement. Mclaren cannot prevent or delay Fallows working at Red Bull. I also can't see Red Bull letting Pete P. head to Macca early.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

frosty125 wrote:I guess McLaren must be thinking they hold a good hand on this

Red Bull will want one of their aero guys to remain so they can help work on next years car. They can't keep Peter Prodromou so they now have to put him on gardening leave but with Dan Fallow contracted to McLaren then I can imagine Red Bull releasing Prodromou early to McLaren in return for McLaren releasing Fallow...
Nope. Red Bull will pay Fallows' settlement for breaking his contract. Red Bull will not let Prodromou go early, they'll continue to behave as scorned lovers.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher