Marussia F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TzeiTzei
TzeiTzei

Re: Marussia F1 Team 2014

beelsebob wrote:As I understand it, you get $35m for being a column 1 team. That is, a team that has finished in the top 10 twice in the last 3 years. Then, you get $14m in column 2 for 10th in the constructors. Notably, Marussia are actually 9th in the constructors just now (ahead of Sauber and Caterham). So if things were to stay as they are, they would receive $17.5m in column 2 instead.

So as things stand, Marussia are in line for $52.5m, while they received $14m last year. So a boost in income of $38.5m

Note, all numbers assume a $700m prize fund.
Thanks. Yes, it's good to notice that the numbers depend on FOM's revenue or something. There was a table about tv money distribution somewhere in here, although I think it was for the previous concorde agreement. The new agreement apparently has some additional bonuses for the top teams which probably has some effect on the money the rest of the teams get.

turbof1

beelsebob wrote:As I understand it, you get $35m for being a column 1 team. That is, a team that has finished in the top 10 twice in the last 3 years. Then, you get $14m in column 2 for 10th in the constructors. Notably, Marussia are actually 9th in the constructors just now (ahead of Sauber and Caterham). So if things were to stay as they are, they would receive $17.5m in column 2 instead.

So as things stand, Marussia are in line for $52.5m, while they received $14m last year. So a boost in income of $38.5m

Note, all numbers assume a $700m prize fund.
A huge boost. That could easily double or even tripple their budget for aero development.

I'm just assuming that Sauber eventually will score some points and regain 9th.
#AeroFrodo

NathanOlder

Yeah, shame Bianchi had the time penalty at the end, otherwise 2 points would have been 4pts. And Sauber really would be sweating. Although I feel Sauber have the weakest driver line up on the grid , so 2 points may be a struggle.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Trailer23

Marussia... DAMN, where did Q2 come from?

For some reason, I always thought Caterham being the better squad of the two. It may have something to do by the fact that Caterham always appeared to have some kind strong backing from its sponsors (CNN, Airbus, GE, Safran etc). One would think that all the money would've helped them one way or another.

But Marussia..., DAMN!

trinidefender
trinidefender

Re: Marussia MR03 Ferrari

What is all the writing on the side of the nose section?

Coefficient
Coefficient

trinidefender wrote:What is all the writing on the side of the nose section?
Its the marussia f1 team.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

trinidefender
trinidefender

Coefficient wrote:
trinidefender wrote:What is all the writing on the side of the nose section?
Its the marussia f1 team.

As in it is all the people on the team?

Drewd11
Drewd11

Rossi to replace Chilton at Marussia for Spa

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 16224.html

Does this mean Marussia is ready to get rid of their useless pay driver for next year?

Moxie
Moxie

Yay!! Hoorah!! Huzzah!!! An American driver on the F1 grid. Never thought I'd find myself rooting for Marussia, but here I go.

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

So it seems to be unknown at the moment if he'll be back in the car for Monza.

Moxie
Moxie

Ok now that my excitement to see an American driver in F1 has subsided a bit, i feel a bit disappointed that his seat was purchased for him. I know that is the way F1 works these days, and I certainly don't fault drivers for playing the game that must be played. Still, it is supposed to be a competition between the best drivers in the world, not the ones that can raise the most money. What sponsor or sponsors are provided the leverage to buy this seat?

seinfeld
seinfeld

so everyone is speculating at the moment that Max Chilton hasnt made his payment for his seat, and thats why he isnt racing.

its actually the other way around. Marussia deferred payment of Max's salary. and in turn Max has declined to drive. and sold his seat to get some cash instead of just driving for free and loosing cash.

its the same for Kamuai as well

I have no idea why Bernie hasnt stepped in like he did with Super Aguri and stopped them from entering the paddock. both Marussia and catarahm should not be in F1. and the cant afford it and its like enabling a drug addict. they have no business being on the F1 grid. and all they are doing is creating more debt, screwing over the companies that supply them parts, and all the workers! is disgusting

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

do you have a source for this info?

matt21

Max should be in the car again in FP2, as latest rumours suggest.

Kiril Varbanov

By Adam Cooper:
Alexander Rossi will not after all make his F1 race debut in Spa after Marussia apparently sorted out its contractual issues with Max Chilton.

Rossi was allowed to participate in FP1 and at least get some mileage in the car before the Englishman took over again for FP2. Rossi finished the session in 20th place, ahead of the Caterhams

“I can’t go into too much detail on the individual instances but we are running an F1 team here,” Marussia chief executive Graeme Lowdon told the BBC. “There are a large number of commercial agreements that are involved and sometimes it just happens we reach a stage where for contractual reasons it’s not appropriate for a driver to be in the car and we took that action.

“These things happen. It’s the drivers’ jobs to be flexible. Both Max and Alex are professional drivers who will take this in their stride. This is just a reflection of how the industry has to work sometimes.”