Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Glyn
Glyn

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

They should limit their B.S meter for a few months. Let the results do the talking.

Samraj_official

PlatinumZealot wrote:Yeah to make matters worse the new suspension sucks. Jenson could barely keep the car on track.
isn't the car as good as SF-15T how could a suspension could completely effect handling characteristics of the car? i think its just the knock-on effects of the engine itself , even if you add all the downforce the tires dont have enough rotational energy to put all the downforce to the ground!!!( crofty's explanation on the new redbull which debuted in barcelona and addon effects of reduced engine power) so the same implies for the MP4-30, if only they could reduce their BS PR it would do great for their team!!! :|

CjC
CjC

KingHamilton01 wrote:They keep on trying to convince us that they are moving forward, until they use the 7 engine token's were no where near top 10 pace let alone top 6!
Alonso reckons after the summer break the car will be more competitive, honda must be planning to at least spend their remaining tokens.

Also aren't the FIA reviewing the token system? Surely that we benefit them
Just a fan's point of view

mclaren111

Does not look good for the race either:

FA:
With several drivers complaining about the tyres, Alonso says the issue is magnified for McLaren as he has to push harder in corners to make up for the Honda power unit's straight-line deficit.

“We are slow. The tyres are not very grippy, with these compounds we saw a lot of cars going off and it was no different for us. Also we are losing a lot of time on the straights and tried to gain time on the corners, so it's a difficult situation but as we knew and we try to get the maximum out of the car.

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Vasconia

So McLaren has an amateur PU and it seems that it has a powerful negative influence on the team, which now behaves like an amateur team, its like...come on. #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o :evil:

mikeerfol

They escaped it with a reprimand

Thunder

#aerogollum

Andres125sx

Luckily he saved his 17th position... :twisted: :roll: :lol:

Can someone explain me, or provide some educated guess about the reason they are using an old PU instead of a new one to continue testing reliability and last upgrades?

Maybe they can test software upgrades on that old PU too? That´s the only reason I can think about to use an old PU when it supposedly is a test season...

drunkf1fan
drunkf1fan

The old one can actually finish a race, maybe even a whole freaking weekend. The 'new' engine hasn't, it frankly hasn't come close to it. Is it Button who went furthest into a race but also killed one engine by FP3, without even running that much and didn't run in qualifying, even that 'fresh' engine couldn't finish a race.

I genuinely think they are doing this because they have no confidence a new engine can last a race weekend and they have more confidence in an old engine that has already been used and at some point deemed unable to continue in the condition it was in, than the new engine.

That is how good the Canada 'update' was for the engine, so good they've gone with a used old engine to attempt to not embarrass themselves at their home race.... they still failed.

onewingedangel
onewingedangel

If they took a new engine this race, they would have had to serve a drive through in the race again. At least running parts already in circulation allows them to compare their race to the others, and have something of a race, even if it's for position out of the points..

By waiting until the next race, after the world council meet, they may be able to fit a new engine with no penalty (their 5th free engine), and further engine changes will result in starting at the back of the grid, but no further penalties.

At that point fitting a fresh engine every race they qualify at the back may be a viable strategy to fast-track reliability and token upgrades.

Thunder

Rumour is ( i think i read it on AMuS) that Honda is ready to bring a "tokened" Engine Upgrade to Hungary if the free 5th engine will be official. If not they will wait until Spa.
#aerogollum

FrukostScones

f1universe wrote:
ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:FP1 pace is frustrating. :(

And nothing change in FP2. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for McLaren.
and if there was light, it was probably an oncoming train
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

FrukostScones

Thunders wrote:Rumour is ( i think i read it on AMuS) that Honda is ready to bring a "tokened" Engine Upgrade to Hungary if the free 5th engine will be official. If not they will wait until Spa.
Honda better'd token up that engine fast... otherwise bye Honda rep. and McLaren as company
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

windwaves
windwaves

one more time: THANK YOU MINOR

so at least we can say we are not dead LAST.

Yes, I could not agree more with the many here who continue to talk about progress. Get real.

And to McL - massive changes needed. Going backwards. At this point it is pointless to even imagine fighting for the title in 2018. Dennis lost his touch, I don't know what it is, it just makes no sense the level of disaster....