Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Leo West
Leo West

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

Vasconia wrote: Wow! thats awesome. Now ferrari looks better than in the last years. Bryne is a genious but he needs to be completely focused on the team and not only asisting it from time to time. His designs worked in the past because there was a continued work to develope and improve them.

I can imagine Alonso being fustrated asking why Bryne didnt return to the F1 team when he was there.
This year I will get the dust of my Ferrari cap. The day Alonso joined Ferrari I dumped my Ferrari cap in the back of my garage.

Can you blame Rory Byrne for not been interested in the job when Alonso was at Ferrari.

The biggest mistake Ferrari made in the last 20 years was singing Alonso. Bertant Gachot would be a better choice.If you want to destroy a team make sure the types of Senna en Alonso are manning the wheel.

Well done Ferrari , the future is looking good . Best of luck and support to James Allison. The ship is turning.........

Vasconia

Leo West wrote:
Vasconia wrote: Wow! thats awesome. Now ferrari looks better than in the last years. Bryne is a genious but he needs to be completely focused on the team and not only asisting it from time to time. His designs worked in the past because there was a continued work to develope and improve them.

I can imagine Alonso being fustrated asking why Bryne didnt return to the F1 team when he was there.
This year I will get the dust of my Ferrari cap. The day Alonso joined Ferrari I dumped my Ferrari cap in the back of my garage.

Can you blame Rory Byrne for not been interested in the job when Alonso was at Ferrari.

The biggest mistake Ferrari made in the last 20 years was singing Alonso. Bertant Gachot would be a better choice.If you want to destroy a team make sure the types of Senna en Alonso are manning the wheel.

Well done Ferrari , the future is looking good . Best of luck and support to James Allison. The ship is turning.........
I sincerely think that Alonso is the most complete of the current drivers but I also agree that he is not a good "team worker" as he showed in Renault and Ferrari (I dont count Mclaren because there was too much sh*t in the team during 2007). I supported Ferrari during the Schumi years but I have always been a litte Ferrari fan so I hope they can do it better.

F1NAC

I think that know car development could be more competitive because they now have two drivers that cannot just cope with problems like Fernando did, especially now with Tomba and Fry gone

Italiano
Italiano

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3223 ... e-ferrari/

Can't help but get a feeling that the prancing horse might just prance with pride again... :)
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Vasconia

SchumacherM wrote:http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3223 ... e-ferrari/

Can't help but get a feeling that the prancing horse might just prance with pride again... :)
We must be cautious, every year seems to be a good year for the team, but then reality comes and... :roll:

iotar__

George-Jung wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:It's official: Rory Byrne returns back to Ferrari and will assist Simone Resta.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11502238930 ... gners-guru

The main reason is Simone Resta has a similar style like Aldo Costa of Mercedes. Byrne would fit in well with Resta's philosophy.
I thought they milked Byrne marketing wise for several years already. What exactly changed? Was he providing "technical supporting role" (or whatever they called it before last season) from Thailand? Same for earlier season.
This time around Byrne is more like a mentor to Resta.. instead of an advisor..
What's the difference? Here you go for a deja vu:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula-one/21411177 Ferrari bring back designer Rory Byrne to work on 2014 car

1. "Ferrari said Byrne, who has been working on road car projects as a consultant, would provide "operational support" to the design team. Ferrari describe him as "an extra pair of hands and eyes, if you like".
"Byrne is working as part of a team led by chief designer Nikolas Tombazis under technical director Pat Fry. The co-ordinator of the 2014 car under Tombazis is Italian Fabio Montecchi." BBC F1 technical analyst Gary Anderson said: "Ferrari's chassis people are relatively inexperienced but obviously very clever. Byrne can bring stability to the project by keeping an overview on everything and perhaps putting the brakes on some of the exuberance of youth." That would be a mentor role they are talking about now.

2. "Byrne was called in to look at the 2012 F1 car after it had a troubled start to its life but this is believed to be the first time since 2006 that he has had a major role in the design of an F1 Ferrari."

Richard
Richard

There was a Sky Italia journalist on Ted Kravtiz report saying that this time Bryne is spending time in the factory and has developed a good relationship with Resta. His previous advisory roles were more distant. Of course we don't know if that is genuine or just Sky repeating Ferari PR spin.

Starts at 2 min here:

Italiano
Italiano

Vasconia wrote: We must be cautious, every year seems to be a good year for the team, but then reality comes and... :roll:
I was thinking the same, writing that...and it struck me that it's never been a mystery that a certain car was a dog. It either broke down or jst showed poor driving manners. This year thought, no serious stoppages, a well executed testing regime, reporters claiming uncharacteristically well mannered cornering, a realy palpable good atmosphere in the team...

I'm not saying Ferrari 2015 WDC, but I think Arrivabene just might have to start training how to run barefoot. :lol:
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

poolboy67

champions in 2017 at earliest. mark me words. 8)
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I must say i'm quite positive about Arrivabene, i expected good things from him when i heard he went to the Ferrari F1 team and he does not seem to disappoint. I really liked Mattiacci, but never felt he belonged there and imho was just a temporal solution. I think Ferrari's F1 team needed a stable, calm and friendly and 'uncorrupted' individual to take ferrari through the year, not as a person to fix the issues, but to understand what was going on in the team and return the information to the HQ to make the balance.

I think Mattiaci was a force in the team that got then-present Ferrari staff to show what they're made off; either you show what you're capable off and do what we expect of you, or we get to see you're part of the problem and then it's bye-bye buddy. Mattiaci probably also noted that, despite Fernando is a really amazing driver, and really DID have a heart with Ferrari before; the fire in him was worn out @ Ferrari and the relationship simply could no longer work. That's a motivational problem for the entire team, even if Alonso really wasn't to blame.

At the end, i think Mattiaci did his job of recognising patterns and seeking a fix to the excisting problem at it seems he did his job well. He attracted Vettel to the team to bring in fresh blood with great potential, excite both the driver and the team, and at the same time get rid of many 'issues' in the form of employees that better got replaced. Not that they were neccesarily not doing their work corretly, Ferrari needs to have people at this time that will go not just 1 extra mile, but 10 or 100 miles extra.

Mattiaci then gave back the keys to the factory as he finished the job he was given to do, and got replaced by Arrivabene whom probably was the intended choice anyway. I think Ferrari wanted to have somebody to clean-sweep the F1 Team that could then go away to avoid having hard feelings in the team.

If arrivabene would have entered a year ago, there could be some hard feelings from both tifosi as team personell because he booted a bunch. Now, if there is any sore, it is aimed at Mattiaci - but either way, he's gone and he was a nice chap just as well.

I think Ferrari really did a outstanding and much needed job to make Ferrari Ferrari again. I've not had such a positive feeling for the Scuderia since YEARS. I really think Arrivabene is the man at the right place. I don't care for the Montezemolo replacement though, i really dislike the guy and when i see him in his sweater i get a feeling of what the hell. I do think Montzemolo was a great and true Ferrari character as was Enzo himself. Ferrari's son however i really don't like at all.

Doesn't matter anyway though, Ferrari seems to be on a real positive direction.

I'd hope to see some Alonso-Mclaren Honda and some Vettel-Scuderia Ferrari on-track battles though [-o<
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:I must say i'm quite positive about Arrivabene, i expected good things from him when i heard he went to the Ferrari F1 team and he does not seem to disappoint. I really liked Mattiacci, but never felt he belonged there and imho was just a temporal solution. I think Ferrari's F1 team needed a stable, calm and friendly and 'uncorrupted' individual to take ferrari through the year, not as a person to fix the issues, but to understand what was going on in the team and return the information to the HQ to make the balance.

I think Mattiaci was a force in the team that got then-present Ferrari staff to show what they're made off; either you show what you're capable off and do what we expect of you, or we get to see you're part of the problem and then it's bye-bye buddy. Mattiaci probably also noted that, despite Fernando is a really amazing driver, and really DID have a heart with Ferrari before; the fire in him was worn out @ Ferrari and the relationship simply could no longer work. That's a motivational problem for the entire team, even if Alonso really wasn't to blame.

At the end, i think Mattiaci did his job of recognising patterns and seeking a fix to the excisting problem at it seems he did his job well. He attracted Vettel to the team to bring in fresh blood with great potential, excite both the driver and the team, and at the same time get rid of many 'issues' in the form of employees that better got replaced. Not that they were neccesarily not doing their work corretly, Ferrari needs to have people at this time that will go not just 1 extra mile, but 10 or 100 miles extra.

Mattiaci then gave back the keys to the factory as he finished the job he was given to do, and got replaced by Arrivabene whom probably was the intended choice anyway. I think Ferrari wanted to have somebody to clean-sweep the F1 Team that could then go away to avoid having hard feelings in the team.

If arrivabene would have entered a year ago, there could be some hard feelings from both tifosi as team personell because he booted a bunch. Now, if there is any sore, it is aimed at Mattiaci - but either way, he's gone and he was a nice chap just as well.

I think Ferrari really did a outstanding and much needed job to make Ferrari Ferrari again. I've not had such a positive feeling for the Scuderia since YEARS. I really think Arrivabene is the man at the right place. I don't care for the Montezemolo replacement though, i really dislike the guy and when i see him in his sweater i get a feeling of what the hell. I do think Montzemolo was a great and true Ferrari character as was Enzo himself. Ferrari's son however i really don't like at all.

I'd hope to see some Alonso-Mclaren Honda and some Vettel-Scuderia Ferrari on-track battles though [-o<
But please, in the front not in the middle field positions. [-o<

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Vasconia wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:I must say i'm quite positive about Arrivabene, i expected good things from him when i heard he went to the Ferrari F1 team and he does not seem to disappoint. I really liked Mattiacci, but never felt he belonged there and imho was just a temporal solution. I think Ferrari's F1 team needed a stable, calm and friendly and 'uncorrupted' individual to take ferrari through the year, not as a person to fix the issues, but to understand what was going on in the team and return the information to the HQ to make the balance.

But please, in the front not in the middle field positions. [-o<
I think there is little doubt Ferrari indeed will run in the front; otherwise it would mean total failure for the entire renewed team. Mattiaci, arrivabene, Bryne, everybody has been put in place to get Ferrari at the front. I have no doubt they will be there this year.

I will even go a step further; I am fairly positive Ferrari has aimed to make atleast 1 victory this year. I expect them to aim their victory-arrows @ Monaco and/or Monza, perhaps even SPA, with Monaco a big question mark though because it would require them to grab pole position. If anybody is up for that task it is Vettel though.

I don't believe for one second Ferrari is able or aiming to be WCC or WDC. Not by any chance. I do believe they have committed themselves to MUST WIN atleast 1 race this season. And to get that 2nd spot @ WCC. Their battle is with Williams and RedBull, not with Mercedes.

They will be aiming to pick up the victory by being at the right place to grab it when Mercedes trashes it, like RedBull did last year. I am positive Ferrari this year will not disappoint.

The big question mark for me was Mclaren-Honda. However, they seem to be not in the position i was hoping them to be, even though it's still a question mark.

The way I see it right now:

1. AMG Mercedes
2. Ferrari
3. RedBull
4. Williams
5. Mclaren
6. Lotus
7. Toro Rosso
8. Sauber
9. Force India
10. Manor

I think this is a 100% win for Ferrari as i genuinly believe this is their goal for 2015. I think they'll be aiming at engaging battle with AMG Mercedes in 2016.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

I think the only realistic target for Ferrari should be to battle for 2nd best...they can't touch Mercedes. I don't think anyone can. If they get the 2nd position then it will be a good basis to build upon and challenge Mercedes in the 2016 title and maybe win it in 2017...
I don't see them doing anything more. I don't know Arrivabene or Mattiachi but I still prefer guys like Ross Brawn or Bob Bell to be in charge. Future will prove us wrong or right.

I have a feeeling that Williams is a bit ahead of Redbull or Ferrari at the moment. we will see.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

George-Jung
George-Jung

I believe that Mattiaci got sacked, because he couldn't get along with Ecclestone.. and therefor potentially risking Ferrari's unique position in F1..He didn't gave back his keys to Maranello, they took his keys from him.. he is not even working for Ferrari anymore..

They needed a man like Arrivabene who was well connected with F1 and who knows how things go..

giantfan10
giantfan10

mika vs michael wrote:I think the only realistic target for Ferrari should be to battle for 2nd best...they can't touch Mercedes. I don't think anyone can. If they get the 2nd position then it will be a good basis to build upon and challenge Mercedes in the 2016 title and maybe win it in 2017...
I don't see them doing anything more. I don't know Arrivabene or Mattiachi but I still prefer guys like Ross Brawn or Bob Bell to be in charge. Future will prove us wrong or right.

I have a feeeling that Williams is a bit ahead of Redbull or Ferrari at the moment. we will see.
i dont think williams will be ahead of Ferrari and Red bull....it may appear that way now but i think that when the in season development push starts williams will be left behind...you cant discount how pathetic they were in so many races last year allowing the flawed red bull and ferrari to finish ahead of them.