Williams Martini Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
WaikeCU

Re: Williams Martini Racing 2015

I read Bottas couldn't drive yesterday because of a tear in a vertebra in his lower back. Doesn't look good at all.
Was Nasr not a former test driver for Williams last season? Wonder if they can sort out a deal by putting Nasr temporary in the Williams while Bottas is out. Van Der Garde can drive for Sauber then, which would provide some breathing space for Sauber to sort out this mess? Or the other way around, put Van Der Garde temporary in the Williams with his McGregor sponsorship. It's a complicated situation alright.

Sniffit

WaikeCU wrote:I read Bottas couldn't drive yesterday because of a tear in a vertebra in his lower back. Doesn't look good at all.
Was Nasr not a former test driver for Williams last season? Wonder if they can sort out a deal by putting Nasr temporary in the Williams while Bottas is out. Van Der Garde can drive for Sauber then, which would provide some breathing space for Sauber to sort out this mess? Or the other way around, put Van Der Garde temporary in the Williams with his McGregor sponsorship. It's a complicated situation alright.
The mess at Sauber is sorted already.

nacho
nacho

I think it's a tear in the spinal disc. New seat + bumpy track?

Anyways it's a huge blow. He looked pretty upset in the garage.

Kobayashi would be my choice.

efuloni
efuloni

For the third time: Susie can't get a superlicense to drive. If I am wrong, please correct, but I dont think I am.

Koba would problably be my choice either, but VdG isn't bad.

Changing subjects: Massa said the gap between them and Merc couldn't be only for chassis. He claims that or they are not taking everything from the PU or the PU isnt exactly 'the same'.

Moose
Moose

efuloni wrote:For the third time: Susie can't get a superlicense to drive. If I am wrong, please correct, but I dont think I am.

Koba would problably be my choice either, but VdG isn't bad.

Changing subjects: Massa said the gap between them and Merc couldn't be only for chassis. He claims that or they are not taking everything from the PU or the PU isnt exactly 'the same'.
That seems like a very odd comment to make, Williams have in the past been multiple seconds off the pace, or multiple seconds in the lead due purely to the chassis. Speculation that it "couldn't be only for chassis" seems completely unfounded.

efuloni
efuloni

I think that I agree with you. But, again, is Massa who is saying that, not me, and he has some history in finding excuses. :P

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Danish media report that Magnusson has been offered the Williams drive as Bottas needs back surgery.

Would be a huge strike of luck for him if true.

Miguel
Miguel

Jonnycraig wrote:Danish media report that Magnusson has been offered the Williams drive as Bottas needs back surgery.

Would be a huge strike of luck for him if true.
That'd actually be fantastic for:
  • Magnussen: he gets to drive
  • McLaren: their test driver gets miles, and you get a comparison point with Massa
  • Williams: you get someone with a bit of experience, which seems reasonably quick
But it won't happen for political reasons, I fear. Or someone arguing it'd be too hard for him to adopt to Williams.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

efuloni
efuloni

That would be great. It's not everyday we see a deal that's actually good for everyone. lol

But I also don't think its gonna happen.

Facts Only
Facts Only

After how-ever-many years of being a test/development driver they don't put Susie Wolf in the car to replace Bottas (if he can't drive) then it will just prove that they aren't serious about her abilities and it's just been a marketing stunt/nepotism .

I think it's time for Williams and Wolf to 'put up' or 'shut up'

Accuse me of being sexist (I'm sure someone will) but it's a shame to me that there are no women in drives on merit and this endless 'development' driver game is played.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

efuloni
efuloni

Facts Only wrote:After how-ever-many years of being a test/development driver they don't put Susie Wolf in the car to replace Bottas (if he can't drive) then it will just prove that they aren't serious about her abilities and it's just been a marketing stunt/nepotism .

Accuse me of being sexist (I'm sure someone will) but it's a shame to me that there are no women in drives on merit and this endless 'development' driver game is played.
OMG... She can't get a superlicense. I thinkI said it 3 times already.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -criteria/

Facts Only
Facts Only

efuloni wrote:
Facts Only wrote:After how-ever-many years of being a test/development driver they don't put Susie Wolf in the car to replace Bottas (if he can't drive) then it will just prove that they aren't serious about her abilities and it's just been a marketing stunt/nepotism .

OMG... She can't get a superlicense. I thinkI said it 3 times already.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -criteria/
Calm down! Calm down! It'll be fine, don't bust a blood vessel. Let's all just breathe steadily and sit quietly for a minute.

I know full well that she doesn't meet the rules for a super licence but When you're married to Toto Wolf I don't think circumventing the rules will be a problem.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

jmfdvm
jmfdvm

I thought the new point system didn't have effect until start of 2016 session.
Guess I was wrong.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Are you seriously having to ask whether Wolff being a driver is a PR stunt? :lol:

If she didn't have lady bits, she wouldn't be in Motorsport. Let alone driving an F1 car.

efuloni
efuloni

Facts Only wrote:
Calm down! Calm down! It'll be fine, don't bust a blood vessel. Let's all just breathe steadily and sit quietly for a minute.

I know full well that she doesn't meet the rules for a super licence but When you're married to Toto Wolf I don't think circumventing the rules will be a problem.
I'm sorry, dude. Its just that it seemed I was talking to the walls, since I said it several times and then someone comes and says: "why she doesnt drive?" hahahaha #-o

But I'm calm now. hahaha :roll: