2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
zeph
zeph

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

Short promo film commemorating McLaren's 50th anniversary:

amho

Mad wrote:Honda tested the Monaco setting for 2 days in the Post Barcelona test. Times posted were respectable and drivers were relatively happy. Now They can't get in the top 10 because of PU's poor drivability.
Hasegawa said that engine's driveability is ok.(after qualifying)
There is no Might or Power except with Allah.

Sayeman

"Kvyat's STR fails front floor flex test",
This, kimi's penalty and rain makes me optimistic for tomorrow since we have 2 very experienced drivers.
Never Give up.

BeardedAce
BeardedAce

Now we know why McLaren is so adamant on not sharing Honda with other teams. Imagine Toro-Rosso beating McLaren using a Honda PU.
Honda has think about it's future too, they are investing so much in PU development and if Mclaren's chassis doesn't improve they might have to contact other teams, hope they don't walk away.

Tauri_J
Tauri_J

Sayeman wrote:"Kvyat's STR fails front floor flex test",
This, kimi's penalty and rain makes me optimistic for tomorrow since we have 2 very experienced drivers.
no penalty for Kvyat

OneAlex

zeph wrote:Short promo film commemorating McLaren's 50th anniversary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGSJ3ihS9rw
Looking at those orange cars... it's a shame McLaren didn't ask for a special orange livery change for the occasion.

Not that I could imagine Ron allowing someone to paint over anything grey in McLaren.

Sayeman

"Eric Boullier still believes McLaren has the third-best chassis in Formula 1 - but only on certain circuits."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... rdbest-car
Never Give up.

Manu_Forti

Sayeman wrote:"Eric Boullier still believes McLaren has the third-best chassis in Formula 1 - but only on certain circuits."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... rdbest-car
Another comedy turn from Eric, I cannot fathom as to why he was hired in the first place apart from the fact he is clearly nothing more than a Ron Dennis yes man. He didnt set the world alight at Lotus. I have supported McLaren for nearly thirty years and its embarassing to watch the team these days.
"In times of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act" .. George Orwell

godlameroso

At least now we know we can't just blame Honda, it's a team failure. McLaren can't make a better chassis than Force India, hell, at this point I'm not even so sure the engine is completely to blame for their situation.
Saishū kōnā

ME4ME

Been thinking about Ron's statement this weekend about Vandoorne being locked down to Mclaren.

It basically implies that Jensen will leave at the end of the season, since Alonso has a contract in place. This seems strange, since Ron has been so overly confident that Mclaren currently has the best driver line-up. Why change when there is nothing wrong in that respect?

And then the other thing.. Ron has always said Mclaren want the best possible drivers that are available to them at any moment in time. Why aren't we hearing rumors connecting Rosberg to Mclaren then? Surely he would be the best option for Mclaren to benchmark Alonso against. Alonso's racecraft is beyond doubt, but his ultimate speed isn't. Mclaren needs to become stronger in qualifying, which Rosberg could do for them.

Going back to Vandoorne, if Mclaren really thinks he is the future, why not give him more (any!) FP1 outings to prepare him for next year.

Vasconia

ME4ME wrote:Been thinking about Ron's statement this weekend about Vandoorne being locked down to Mclaren.

It basically implies that Jensen will leave at the end of the season, since Alonso has a contract in place. This seems strange, since Ron has been so overly confident that Mclaren currently has the best driver line-up. Why change when there is nothing wrong in that respect?

And then the other thing.. Ron has always said Mclaren want the best possible drivers that are available to them at any moment in time. Why aren't we hearing rumors connecting Rosberg to Mclaren then? Surely he would be the best option for Mclaren to benchmark Alonso against. Alonso's racecraft is beyond doubt, but his ultimate speed isn't. Mclaren needs to become stronger in qualifying, which Rosberg could do for them.

Going back to Vandoorne, if Mclaren really thinks he is the future, why not give him more (any!) FP1 outings to prepare him for next year.

Rosberg should be crazy if he goes to Mclaren. Its a truly risky move...

Sayeman

ME4ME wrote:Been thinking about Ron's statement this weekend about Vandoorne being locked down to Mclaren.

Rosberg's Overrated...Any driver would be winning championships on that Mercedes
Last edited by Sayeman on 28 May 2016, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
Never Give up.

ME4ME

Vasconia wrote:Rosberg should be crazy if he goes to Mclaren. Its a truly risky move...
True. But you never know,.. they could show Rosberg the same shiny Honda facility that they showed Alonso, in order to convince (deceive) him. :mrgreen:

Sayeman

ME4ME wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Rosberg should be crazy if he goes to Mclaren. Its a truly risky move...
True. But you never know,.. they could show Rosberg the same shiny Honda facility that they showed Alonso, in order to convince (deceive) him. :mrgreen:
And a shiny 40 million dollar cheque
Never Give up.

Sayeman

Atleast Real Madrid won. Alonso would be really happy
Never Give up.