2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren111

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

mrluke wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:
Dipesh1995 wrote:He seems like a really good bloke, very passionate about McLaren Honda, better than I expected. Part of me misses Ron but nothing lasts for ever I suppose. I hope he takes McLaren back to the sharp end of grid where they belong.

We have to remember Ron started this "drive" to get the right man in the right job !!!

And I agree, Zak does look good and he is a "McLaren" man.

If 2017 is a great some of the credit must go to Ron !!! Lets's hope for the best !!! [-o< [-o< [-o<
If 2017 isn't great do we still blame Ron?
Yes. That's only fair !! One gets / takes the good with the bad !!!

bauc

Well guys, thats it. We made progress this year ( I know, compared to last year even starting the race was progress :D ) but still I think we are on the right path to see Mclaren being competitive again so fingers crossed for next year [-o<
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

PABLOEING
PABLOEING

¿TOMORROW MCLAREN TEST DE 2017 TYRES?

Vasconia

mrluke wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:
Dipesh1995 wrote:He seems like a really good bloke, very passionate about McLaren Honda, better than I expected. Part of me misses Ron but nothing lasts for ever I suppose. I hope he takes McLaren back to the sharp end of grid where they belong.

We have to remember Ron started this "drive" to get the right man in the right job !!!

And I agree, Zak does look good and he is a "McLaren" man.

If 2017 is a great some of the credit must go to Ron !!! Lets's hope for the best !!! [-o< [-o< [-o<
If 2017 isn't great do we still blame Ron?
I would blame the designeers and Honda because those are the one who must build a competitive car. Ron could be blamed partially and Zack has just arrived, his changes are for a mid-long term.

bauc

PABLOEING wrote:¿TOMORROW MCLAREN TEST DE 2017 TYRES?
Haven't heard anything like that, not even a filming day planned for now as far as I know.

mclaren111

PABLOEING wrote:¿TOMORROW MCLAREN TEST DE 2017 TYRES?
I heard it is only the 3 teams with a mule car. All 3 together for first time this year !!

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mclaren111

BBC:
Jost Capito:
"I had lots of talks with many employees from the cleaner to the racing director and I think I know what has to be done. Mainly there has to be a cultural change - it has to become more of a race team again."
Capito would not say whether he wanted to change the design leadership structure Boullier has imposed.

"It's early to say that," Capito said. "It will not be a hierarchical staff. On the principle of hierarchy, we have to become leaner and not more complicated - and it will be maybe not a usual organisation, but very clear for everybody who is involved.

"The right people have to be in place but everybody has to be aware of his own responsibilities and accountability.
The engineering team we have is fantastic, that I absolutely believe."
Positive words from Jost. Really hope it will work next year.

noname
noname

mclaren111 wrote:BBC:
Jost Capito:
"I had lots of talks with many employees from the cleaner to the racing director and I think I know what has to be done. Mainly there has to be a cultural change - it has to become more of a race team again."
Interesting comment. When Boullier replaced Whitmarsh he said one of his key goals is to "remind" Mclaren F1 is mainly about racing.

Thunder

https://twitter.com/f1enigma/status/803563967461392385 Aaaand from the Man himself: https://twitter.com/ZBrownCEO/status/803568184980807680 Edit:
another one https://twitter.com/ZBrownCEO/status/803585086469701633 Feels weird (in a good way) coming from Ron Dennis to have the Boss use social Media. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Thunder on 29 Nov 2016, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mrluke
mrluke

Even whitmarsh was talking about the need to change Mclaren's culture, sounds like they still have work to do.

FW17

Mclaren using Toyota wind tunnel?

Or PeeWee smoking crack?

bauc

FW17 wrote:Mclaren using Toyota wind tunnel?
Or PeeWee smoking crack?
Yes they are, as they need to update their own

FW17

bauc wrote:
FW17 wrote:Mclaren using Toyota wind tunnel?
Or PeeWee smoking crack?
Yes they are, as they need to update their own

That was 2013

adrianjordan

A couple of pages back the argument over needing sponsorship vs needing a car capable of getting results made me laugh.

They clearly need both, but it's not like the designer is the one phoning round sponsors or like the marketing guy is the one also operating the wind-tunnel etc.

They can chase both equally!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️