2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

SR71 wrote: Ricciardo's stock could fall rapidly tomorrow. At least RB keep the season interesting and thank god its not because of dancing this season.
Unlikely, Dan's a multiple race winner, the only thing he has left to prove is if he can put together a WDC. Max on the other hand has everything to prove.
"In downforce we trust"

wickedz50
wickedz50

djos wrote:
SR71 wrote: Ricciardo's stock could fall rapidly tomorrow. At least RB keep the season interesting and thank god its not because of dancing this season.
Unlikely, Dan's a multiple race winner, the only thing he has left to prove is if he can put together a WDC. Max on the other hand has everything to prove.
In this formula to put together a WDC you need a powerful engine and not driving skill like that we had in the previous F1 era. Ric is genuine quick talented driver and there is nothing to prove against Max.
The thing to see now will be who can get the best out of the car this season.

Andres125sx

bill shoe wrote:But remember Max has a long-term contract in his pocket now with a guaranteed Red-Bull drive. He does not need to go out this weekend and beat any particular person. He can get to know the car a little bit over the next two or three races and work up to it as he wants, perhaps even sandbag a bit to throw off Ricciardo.
I agree, he does not need it, but he´s Max Verstappen, not the most patient or strategic driver out there exactly, at least at this point of his career.

If I´d be forced to do a bet, my money would certainly go to "Max will go flat out from lap 1 to last one, whatever it is for him" :mrgreen:

RBR drivers comparison will be one of the most interesting parts of Montmelo race for sure

Andres125sx

wickedz50 wrote:In this formula to put together a WDC you need a powerful engine and not driving skill like that we had in the previous F1 era.
Sadly, I fully agree with this. I´d change powerful engine by a good car overall, but the main point is driver talent is not that relevant today :(

FoxHound

Andres125sx wrote:
wickedz50 wrote:In this formula to put together a WDC you need a powerful engine and not driving skill like that we had in the previous F1 era.
Sadly, I fully agree with this. I´d change powerful engine by a good car overall, but the main point is driver talent is not that relevant today :(
Seems you both forget from pretty much 1987 every champion has had the best car.
For this series you suggest you need a powerful engine and over driver skill. Which is quite ridiculous if you ask me.

I cannot believe my eyes when someone writes such meek diatribe.... when from 2010 to 2013, Red Bull won 8 titles using aero when it had no worries investing over 500 million in CFD etc, leaving manufacturers to worry about engines.
Conveniently engines made no difference in this era.

Now that they do, it becomes an issue?

It's absolute hypocrisy to single out engines as the the only thing to win WDC, but forgetting Aero in a similar position of dominance just 3 years previously.
JET set

superdowg316

Calling it now, Verstappen and Ricciardo will blitz the start and swamp Mercedes and there shall be a 4 way fight for the win.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

lio007

Great result!

Just saw that pic...it really made my day:

skoop
skoop

does anyone have more detailed information about the blow out and fights at torro rosso?
(i know this is the red bull thread, i'm posting here because the discussion is in this thread)

ME4ME

Verstappen Sr steps back from managing Max
His father Jos says that now Max is in a top team, it is the right moment for him to take a step back and let his son and Red Bull handle his career.

"I'm allowed to go in the garage, that's no problem, but I think in this stage of his career it's better to take another step back because he is now where he needs to be and it's about Max and not about his dad," Verstappen said when asked by Motorsport.com.

"I did my job until now and he is in a top team now, where he should be, and it's fine.

"I also stopped a column with a newspaper because I don't want to be in the front now. I want to be in the back. Now it's up to Helmut [Marko], up to Christian [Horner], up to Max, to say what they want to say, and not up to me."

"I'm here as a father. The only thing I want to say is I'm very happy with what he has done today."
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst ... ax-736510/

Kudos to Jos Verstappen to step away from the spotlights and let Max become his own man. Jos has done everything he could up until now to help Max reach F1 and gaining a seat at a top team. Now it's up to him. I think Jos took some wisdom from the Hamiltons, and as he says, he wants to mainly be Max' father now, rather than his manager. Good on him.

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

That was a class act by Ricciardo. There's a lot of evidence to suggest Ricciardo is the real deal, so if Max ends up matching him then that raises his stock and not lowers Ricciardo in my view.

rayden
rayden

Ridiculous lap from ric there.

Stalker1
Stalker1

Lets hope that the rivalry will remain friendly and does not evolve into something like Hamilton-Alonso in 2007 or Hamilton-Rosberg in 2014-2015. I think that as long as they are not fightning for WDC, only to beat Ferrari and Mercedes, they rivalry will be good for the team and for the whole series.

Phil

I predict a fun race; especially if RIC stays ahead at the start. Going to be fun watching Verstappen bullying his team-mate and possibly coming on the radio... "I'm quicker, he is holding me up". :D
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

lio007 wrote:Great result!

Just saw that pic...it really made my day:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cia5BiMU4AAxO2m.jpg:large
that was brilliant :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

djos

Cold Fussion wrote:That was a class act by Ricciardo. There's a lot of evidence to suggest Ricciardo is the real deal, so if Max ends up matching him then that raises his stock and not lowers Ricciardo in my view.
Indeed, he puts it all together when he needs to and that single lap in q3 was first rate!

That's exactly what Vettel used to do in his championship years and shows imo just how capable he is.
"In downforce we trust"