2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Base: Maranello, Italy
Team principal: Maurizio Arrivabene
Technical director(s): James Allison

Race drivers: 5 Image Sebastian Vettel & 7 Image Kimi Räikkönen

Test drivers : 25 Image Jean-Éric Vergne

Chassis: F ???
Engine: Ferrari V6 Turbo

2015 position: 2nd (428 pts)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 TEAM
Discussion about the pre-launch 2015 Scuderia Ferrari F???: CLICK HERE
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

basti313

Re: 2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Don`t russel the hamster!

Joseki

Marchionne: "I remember to Arrivabene that we have done all the investment needed to be back at the top"

He put a lot of pressure on the team 'cause he need them to win to profit on Wall Street. :roll:

ME4ME

"It is incredibly unlikely that the car will not offer Mercedes a proper challenge.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122395

Wonder who's head is going on the block if that isn't the case..

basti313

Assuming, that Merc will find 0.5sec over the winter, that would mean they have to find 1.5sec. It would be a dream, but I think it is as unlikely to happen as McLaren-Honda finding 2sec to be competitive.
Don`t russel the hamster!

FW17

ME4ME wrote:
"It is incredibly unlikely that the car will not offer Mercedes a proper challenge.

I think it will be his own.

The team will be in for a tough year if they change from pull rod fronts to push rods as 8 days of testing may not be enough to get the system race ready.

If Renault partly bridge the gap they will be in for a tough fight for second in WCC.

bhall II

Given the high likelihood that Ferrari exploited its relationship with Haas to circumvent wind tunnel/CFD restrictions, I wouldn't be surprised if the team makes an uncharacteristically large step forward this year.

Italiano

Almost choked on my drink whilst reading this. :lol:

..."Maurizio [Arrivabene, team principal] will tell you we delayed some things to allow for the 2015 car to be finished," said Marchionne.
Hopefully he will not bitch about this. We pushed the start of some of the work on the '16 cars on the chassis, delayed it a bit.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

dans79

No way they gain 1.5 seconds from any kind aero benefit they might get from the Haas relationship. Just like everyone else they need to gain in the engine department first.
197 104 103 7

giantfan10

FW17 wrote:
ME4ME wrote:

I think it will be his own.

The team will be in for a tough year if they change from pull rod fronts to push rods as 8 days of testing may not be enough to get the system race ready.

If Renault partly bridge the gap they will be in for a tough fight for second in WCC.
hmmm i wonder what kind of suspension Ferrari ran for most of their existance... you got it right a push rod front suspension...so 8 days of running is not enough to set up the type of suspension they have loads of data on? not to count the simulations they can run without getting on the track? pluuuueeeese....
and renault partly bridge the gap? lol ok

f1316

dans79 wrote:No way they gain 1.5 seconds from any kind aero benefit they might get from the Haas relationship. Just like everyone else they need to gain in the engine department first.
Who says 1.5? You're saying they were 1.0 s behind at the end of last year?
they remained on average 0.6 seconds a lap slower than the champions in qualifying
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35218416

I can't find the article now, but others have said the same quali gap with only 0.2 s in the race.

dans79

f1316 wrote: Who says 1.5? You're saying they were 1.0 s behind at the end of last year?
scroll up the thread and you will see this!
basti313 wrote:Assuming, that Merc will find 0.5sec over the winter, that would mean they have to find 1.5sec. It would be a dream, but I think it is as unlikely to happen as McLaren-Honda finding 2sec to be competitive.
197 104 103 7

giantfan10

dans79 wrote:
f1316 wrote: Who says 1.5? You're saying they were 1.0 s behind at the end of last year?
basti313 wrote:Assuming, that Merc will find 0.5sec over the winter, that would mean they have to find 1.5sec. It would be a dream, but I think it is as unlikely to happen as McLaren-Honda finding 2sec to be competitive.
thats what you call fuzzy match... at the conclusion of last season ferrari were .3 tenths behind on race pace... lets just call it .5tenths...the previous poster claims Mercedes will gain .5tenths from somewhere ..where that number comes from only he knows...
All we know at this point is that ferrari reconfigured their engine to shrink their rear end to produce more downforce..that alone in theory should wipe out most of the aero deficit they had to Mercedes....now remains to be seen which team improved their Pu more keeping in mind that conventional wisdoms says ferrari has more room for improvement... we shall soon find out though

dans79

giantfan10 wrote:thats what you call fuzzy match... at the conclusion of last season ferrari were .3 tenths behind on race pace... lets just call it .5tenths...the previous poster claims Mercedes will gain .5tenths from somewhere ..where that number comes from only he knows...
All we know at this point is that ferrari reconfigured their engine to shrink their rear end to produce more downforce..that alone in theory should wipe out most of the aero deficit they had to Mercedes....now remains to be seen which team improved their Pu more keeping in mind that conventional wisdoms says ferrari has more room for improvement... we shall soon find out though

for the love of god man get your math right, .5tenths is not the same thing as 0.5 seconds.
197 104 103 7

f1316

dans79 wrote:
Yes, I saw that someone wrote that - my point is that I don't know why you'd assume it's correct.