2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dans79

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

bonjon1979 wrote:
I'd love to see where I referred to anyone as a 'hater'. (As a moderator of some repute, i'd expect better from you)

Just because you didn't actually use the word 'hater', doesn't mean the following wouldn't be interpreted that way. Depending on someones personal opinion, it might or might not be interpreted as hostile/condescending.
That's incredibly ignorant and naive to believe he'd do that. I fear that there's a lot of confirmation bias going on here. Those who want to believe the worst of Hamilton are soooo desperate to think that it's all his doing. It's really such a ridiculous notion, it's laughable that the whole team would stand around waiting while he refuses to go out in the wet. It's nonsense. But go ahead people, believe what you will...
197 104 103 7

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

dans79 wrote:
bonjon1979 wrote:
I'd love to see where I referred to anyone as a 'hater'. (As a moderator of some repute, i'd expect better from you)

Just because you didn't actually use the word 'hater', doesn't mean the following wouldn't be interpreted that way. Depending on someones personal opinion, it might or might not be interpreted as hostile/condescending.
That's incredibly ignorant and naive to believe he'd do that. I fear that there's a lot of confirmation bias going on here. Those who want to believe the worst of Hamilton are soooo desperate to think that it's all his doing. It's really such a ridiculous notion, it's laughable that the whole team would stand around waiting while he refuses to go out in the wet. It's nonsense. But go ahead people, believe what you will...
I think Turbo can speak for himself. Thanks all the same and I stand by what I said but maybe I should've moderated my language somewhat. I think we do look for the answers we want to see and I don't equate that to me calling people 'haters'. You may think differently which is entirely,your prerogative and not something that I think needs debating on here.

Good first test though, am I right? Ferrari looking strong, Merc probably on top - Red bull going to be somewhere in the mix? Exciting cars, fast times, what's not to love?

dans79

Wass85 wrote:It does make you laugh when teams complain about the tyres yet turn down a chance to collect data and give their input to Pirelli.

They should have been ordered to do some testing this morning in the wet, don't go crying about the tyres in future I say.
I'd complain as well, as the testing is plain dumb. Artificial wetting is not like real ran conditions, Kimi said as much in an interview today. More importantly, Pirelli/FIA expect the teams who already have very limited testing time compared to the old days to take their brand new cars out and risk damaging them. As Stroll showed, if you damage the car you might not run at all the next day do to very limited spare parts.

If Pirelli/FIA was serious about wet testing they would allow the teams that have the resources to do so, to bring multiple cars encase they destroy one. Even better would be a separate testing session at a track that has a very high likely-hood of having actual rain, Sepang for example.
Last edited by dans79 on 03 Mar 2017, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.
197 104 103 7

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Wass85 wrote: my view is Hamilton doesn't push for things
For fear of you ignoring the point.
Does that include him turning up unneeded and unannounced to do a tyre test?

Wass85
Wass85

Restomaniac wrote:
Which test? Did Rosberg also take part in this test?

What about that test in November that he missed?

The one he missed before the Austin GP?

Or the one he missed in 2014 where Rosberg replaced him?
Last edited by Wass85 on 03 Mar 2017, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Wass85 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/pirellisport ... 9389050881
Followed by
https://mobile.twitter.com/pirellisport ... 0159455232

And no Rosberg didn't but then again Rosberg was by then clearly organising his exit stategory.
Point is that you paint him in a certain light because of a clear bias. I doubt the sun shines out of his anus but he isn't the self cented pr*** (No more than any other driver) you paint him out to be either.
Last edited by Restomaniac on 03 Mar 2017, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.

Wass85
Wass85

Restomaniac wrote:
Wass85 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:For fear of you ignoring the point.

Followed by

And no Rosberg didn't but then again Rosberg was by then clearly organising his exit stategory.
What about the tests I pointed out?

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Wass85 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

Followed by

What about them, did I deny it?
I'm not the one painting him out to not be a team player. You are.
I'm just adding balance to that arguement.

Wass85
Wass85

Restomaniac wrote:
Wass85 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/pirellisport ... 9389050881
Followed by

Not at all, I'm saying he's only harming himself. The team have Bottas and they had Rosberg when Hamilton didn't want to play ball.

turbof1

Do not put me in a position where I have to remove posts again, guys... . Keep it down with the accusations.
#AeroFrodo

WaikeCU

I think it's utter self belief. I think Lewis has such a self belief that he thinks he doesn't need to test wet conditions, because deep inside he knows what it takes to attack in those conditions. Truth be told, he is probably the best in wet conditions on the grid. I think Lewis is relying on class. Have you guys heard of the saying: "Form is temporary, Class is permanent"? I think Lewis believes in that. When he thinks he's at 100% form and morale, he will be unbeatable.

It could be that there's a lot more in that Merc that we haven't seen yet and Lewis is just calm with it believing they are still the team to beat this season whatever kind of form Ferrari has shown this week.

Or...

What I also think is that, it could be that Merc shares data between drivers and that's why Lewis doesn't really like testing that much, because his data during testing will be shared with his teammate.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Wass85 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
Wass85 wrote:
Not at all, I'm saying he's only harming himself. The team have Bottas and they had Rosberg when Hamilton didn't want to play ball.
But he isn't.
Why would he? He like every other drivers sole aim is to win. If he feels that he and the team are well placed then he will no doubt feed that back. Wolff looked super relaxed when Kravitz inteviewed him so I doubt Merc are overly concerded either.

Merc stated that they had a fault and by the time they fixed it going out (by which point it was dry) was pretty pointless. Later in that same day they finished early because the data was throwing up stange readings. It's not a stretch to guess those things maybe connected, which backs up the earlier 'fault' story.

GPR-A duplicate2

WaikeCU wrote:I think it's utter self belief. I think Lewis has such a self belief that he thinks he doesn't need to test wet conditions, because deep inside he knows what it takes to attack in those conditions. Truth be told, he is probably the best in wet conditions on the grid. I think Lewis is relying on class. Have you guys heard of the saying: "Form is temporary, Class is permanent"? I think Lewis believes in that. When he thinks he's at 100% form and morale, he will be unbeatable.

It could be that there's a lot more in that Merc that we haven't seen yet and Lewis is just calm with it believing they are still the team to beat this season whatever kind of form Ferrari has shown this week.
You sound like a Fan boy, huh! Just like me. :wink:

turbof1

Well, as long as we are solely voicing opinions: I myself can't shake the feeling Hamilton does have motivation issues. We saw signs lf that after he took the title in 2015, and we also saw signs when he openly stated neglecting simator practice ahead of Baku.

We also saw when Hamilton really putted his weight into it, he is an unstoppable force. Especially in the races after Japan last year.

Somebody said "from is temporary, class is permanent". Well how about this: winning is 10% talent, 90% work.

Does that mean I think Hamilton skipping time in the car in unrepresenting conditions, is due a lack of motivation? No as he'd just as well could go practice in the simulator or have a meeting with his engineers to discuss working points. Do I understand people view it as a lack of motivation? Yes because Hamilton did show that in the past in my eyes.
#AeroFrodo

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

turbof1 wrote:Well, as long as we are solely voicing opinions: I myself can't shake the feeling Hamilton does have motivation issues. We saw signs lf that after he took the title in 2015, and we also saw signs when he openly stated neglecting simator practice ahead of Baku.

We also saw when Hamilton really putted his weight into it, he is an unstoppable force. Especially in the races after Japan last year.

Somebody said "from is temporary, class is permanent". Well how about this: winning is 10% talent, 90% work.

Does that I mean I think Hamilton skipping time in the car in unrepresenting condition is due a lack of motivation? No as he'd just as well could go practice in the simulator or have a meeting with his engineers to discuss working points. Do I understand people view it as a lack of motivation? Yes because Hamilton did show that in the past in my eyes.
I think they are fair comments.

However in this instance all evidence suggests that It wasn't Hamilton being difficult it was W08 being difficult.