2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

GTO99 wrote:
Looks pretty much the same as last year.
Actualy the 2016 car looks different in that area.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

proteus

GoranF1 wrote:
GTO99 wrote:
Looks pretty much the same as last year.
Well, maybe a little more gray/white, since he is 1 year older....we are talking about Arrivabene right? :lol:
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Gridlock

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/02/15/tosh/
The Pirelli launch in Turin created more questions than answers, but it was odd, weird in fact, that Ferrari did not send its team principal along. It’s only round the corner from Maranello. Lamborghini boss Stefano Donemicali was there, Eric Boullier flew in for McLaren. OK Toto Wolff and Christian Horner might have recorded messages but for Ferrari not to send along Maurizio Arrivabene was just strange. What was he doing? Bolting the cars together? The rumblings among the Italian media at the event were that Ferrari is very worried about its performance this year and its desire to try to get the FIA to stop certain suspension systems is because it does not fully understand what they do and an FIA ruling might throw some more light on the systems.

Vasconia

Gridlock wrote:https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/02/15/tosh/
The Pirelli launch in Turin created more questions than answers, but it was odd, weird in fact, that Ferrari did not send its team principal along. It’s only round the corner from Maranello. Lamborghini boss Stefano Donemicali was there, Eric Boullier flew in for McLaren. OK Toto Wolff and Christian Horner might have recorded messages but for Ferrari not to send along Maurizio Arrivabene was just strange. What was he doing? Bolting the cars together? The rumblings among the Italian media at the event were that Ferrari is very worried about its performance this year and its desire to try to get the FIA to stop certain suspension systems is because it does not fully understand what they do and an FIA ruling might throw some more light on the systems.
His absence is weird but I dont see how it can be connected to those theoretical problems.

Anyway, the way is Ferrari protesting against this "active" suspension is worrying because it clearly shows that they dont manage it.

Gridlock

With the news about there being various special kerbing added to Fiorano, yeah, makes you wonder.

Scuderia1967

More rubbish from the italian media. Just like the Red Bull guys, he sent a video https://twitter.com/pirellisport/status ... 7692953600

Gridlock

Also, why was Dominicali there?

shady
shady

Hes a big man at Lambo now.

Scuderia1967

shady wrote:Hes a big man at Lambo now.
I think the forum member knows that, he just wondered, like I'm doing, what was a Lambo man doing there

absbeginner
absbeginner

Scuderia1967 wrote:
I think the forum member knows that, he just wondered, like I'm doing, what was a Lambo man doing there
Pertamina, Blancpain and Pirelli are the main sponsors of the "Super Trofeo" series created by Lamborghini.

Scuderia1967

absbeginner wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
Pertamina, Blancpain and Pirelli are the main sponsors of the "Super Trofeo" series created by Lamborghini.
Ah, so this event wasn't F1 only, got it

shady
shady

110 anniv for Pirelli..

Gridlock

That makes sense, it was described as a launch party somewhere so I thought it was for the official 2017 tyre. But then there'd have been 17 news stories and 3 threads I suppose :)

basti313
basti313

Vasconia wrote:
His absence is weird but I dont see how it can be connected to those theoretical problems.

Anyway, the way is Ferrari protesting against this "active" suspension is worrying because it clearly shows that they dont manage it.
No, sorry, these are two wrong conclusions.
Nothing behind Arrivabene not being there. And also the "fight" against the active suspension is obvious. Even if they know how to build it, Merc and RedBull have an edge on the setup. They know the system simply one year longer and have much more data, which gives them an advantage for the next years. So even if Ferrari can build a good system it is better to fight it.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Vasconia

basti313 wrote:No, sorry, these are two wrong conclusions.
Nothing behind Arrivabene not being there. And also the "fight" against the active suspension is obvious. Even if they know how to build it, Merc and RedBull have an edge on the setup. They know the system simply one year longer and have much more data, which gives them an advantage for the next years. So even if Ferrari can build a good system it is better to fight it.
Which is something Ferrari has done everytime they haven´t been able to copy a system. They have the right to do it and perhaps they can get a partial ban or limitation of the system which would give them the chance of having a version of that system which has the the same performance.