2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Redragon

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Roostfactor wrote:
https://goo.gl/images/BdXdru

Not same but close....

I really like it!
If the light grey is a bit darker I will be really happy boy.

Thunder

Same car but it's darker here. Looks better.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Avocado
Avocado

GoranF1 wrote:https://goo.gl/images/BdXdru

Not same but close....
Beautiful.

R4BLR
R4BLR

Avocado wrote:

Not same but close....
Beautiful.
Really nice colour scheme!! But if they go for the grey, black and orange it is going very similar to the Force India's (less the small green stripe). I think they may have to add quite a lot of orange / silver (light grey) to make it stand out.

GoranF1
GoranF1

R4BLR wrote:
Avocado wrote:

Not same but close....
Beautiful.
Really nice colour scheme!! But if they go for the grey, black and orange it is going very similar to the Force India's (less the small green stripe). I think they may have to add quite a lot of orange / silver (light grey) to make it stand out.
Grey, Orange, White
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

ME4ME

From a member called Owen, on the Autosport forum:
http://forums.autosport.com/topic/20510 ... ?p=7814100
I'm back. Having been lucky enough to go MTC and chat with the team, I'll share my thoughts below. Something like 25 people got an invite, some had travelled from Spain to experience it. I will endeavour not to stray too far from the topic - which is the MP4-32.
I had an incredible day. We got a tour of the MTC including the (new) SAP mission control simulator which features a huge holographic display with motion control - not kidding! - think Minority Report... We got to drive on a demo F1 simulator which looked great. And finally we got to meet Stoffel Vandoorne and get photographs with him. He sat in the sim and immediately beat our best time by over 8 seconds(!). Our host was Matt Bishop - a lovely guy who put us at our ease. He was very complimentary about the role fans play in keeping the team spirits up. We met with Zak who hosted a Q&A just with us, I was the nearest to him! He's such a passionate guy - his influence is very different to Ron's but now very visible. The way he says 'Proast' is very special. The place feels different. We kept on seeing Zak, Eric and Stoffel in the corridors as we went around the place. Zak does things quite differently to Ron and can often been seen taking calls while wondering around and doing business. Ron (in his day) was often at his desk, from what I can gather. So I think a quiet culture change has manifested itself.

Regarding expectations; I think it's more progress they are looking for. Nobody had anything but praise for Honda - they reckon a stride has been made over the winter by Honda and they also acknowledged they had room for improvement on the chassis. Podiums seem to be the goal but nobody said that. Stoffel was very focused and quite intense at times. He looks extremely trim - zero fat on him! He talked very well but you could tell he was media trained. I was impressed by him. We saw him at the gym and we saw him getting photographed with the new team kit on (we weren't meant to see either of those lol). We saw the new caps for next year. Some of us even saw the new car - just a tub for now. There is nothing to see of it guys. I was lucky enough to meet with some of the aero team who gave me a signed picture - I was very honoured. They said the car will not be completed until the final hours before the launch and all the parts are being manufactured so there is no 'car' to see as such yet. They sounded reasonably confident but they are worried by Newey - they always are. All key employees have seen x2 renders of the new livery. And it is new. Is it Orange? I don't know. I suspect it has orange in it, as the team wear appeared to. Saw Fernando's media person (Sylvia) but not him, he's currently training far away. Absolute 100% conviction from the team that they will be back at the top. You got that across the board. Pics of the day are on my facebook. Here's a couple. Massive thanks to McLaren for this day. Was unforgettable.

bauc

@ME4ME - thanks for sharing this, its nice to see that Mclaren is now more open to visitors than in the past and I'm really looking forward to the new season, so fingers crossed [-o<
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Vegetabill
Vegetabill

GTO99

If Castrol is indeed on board as the fuel/lubricant partner, then I would expect to see splashes of red & green in the car livery perhaps similar to Petronas aqua highlights on the Merc.
To date the McLaren website still indicates fuel/lubricant as Esso/Mobil 1, even though it is known that they have jumped over to RBR and confirmed on their website.

GoranF1
GoranF1

GTO99 wrote:
To date the McLaren website still indicates fuel/lubricant as Esso/Mobil 1, even though it is known that they have jumped over to RBR and confirmed on their website.

where?

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/partners/
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

diffuser

so those hex's aren't orange lines they're a red laser.

Roostfactor
Roostfactor

If Castrol is indeed on board as the fuel/lubricant partner, then I would expect to see splashes of red & green in the car livery perhaps similar to Petronas aqua highlights on the Merc.
I would think that would depend on the level of sponsorship. If they were title sponser then I would agree.

FW17

This would be nice

Nickel
Nickel

I can confidantly say I hate everything about that.

the EDGE
the EDGE

GTO99 wrote:If Castrol is indeed on board as the fuel/lubricant partner, then I would expect to see splashes of red & green in the car livery perhaps similar to Petronas aqua highlights on the Merc.
http://images.hondaproracing.com/sites/ ... 8c0947.png
I doubt McLaren are going to paint their car in sponsor colours for anything less than a title sponsor who pays them too, they haven't painted the car in Honda colours who contribute far more, why would they for a fuel supplier?

The Mclaren website lists Esso/Mobile 1 because you are looking at the 2016 car still, it will change when they release to mp4 32

on their home page at the bottom they list sponsors, suppliers & Partners, Esso has been removed, it was previously displayed until quite recently. No doubt again, when the new car is released new suppliers/sponsors will be announced too.