2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
BrunoH
BrunoH

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Thank god Mclaren jumped ship!!!

loner

Chicane wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 17:55
Honda are setting an unbeatable record for number of PU elements used for the season and this bodes well for next year when only 3 power units will be allowed for the season.
its 33 exceptionally for the mighty honda :lol: :lol:
now the cloud is gone from front of my eyes i wounder why honda obsessed with Renault :lol:
they always talk about Renault since arai in 2015 i never saw Renault talk about honda :lol:
para bellum.

diffuser

loner wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 16:47
GREAT GREAT NEWS .. ALO COULD have more 3 hp from the spec 3.8 in Mexico :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13258 ... 1508021096

iam very bitter that i believed hasegawa and wazari for a whole year :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wazari isn't to blame, he has no idea why they're not releasing the Wazari Spec 4.

As for Hasegawa's Spec-4; as with most R&D your forecast date always has a "*" that is barring any unforeseen problems. They must have run into issues.

Now with yet another MGU-H problem, they're back at looking at that again ...

It doesn't look good for Honda next year but I don't believe in kicking someone when they're down.

I too am glad (now) that McLaren went to Renault.

McHonda
McHonda

diffuser wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 15:18
He does it, he even comes on the radio and asks sometimes. In those rases in the past when the car was something like 15th and going backwards, he'll come on the radio and "not in so many words" ask to retire the car.
He gets accused of it but we've still never seen it confirmed.

The two closest were Canada in 2015 or 2016 when he asked to stop for fresh boots to have a go for the FL but was refused but FOM cut the tyre talk from broadcast and we just heard "can I stop" or words to that effect (It was shown in full on McLaren Live) and Crofty and Sky went in on him about it afterwards oblivious to the McLaren live transcript that showed what he was asking for.

Then Belgium this year where Hasegawa said there was nothing "obvious" but the next time they ran it in Monza the week after they had to change something because it happened again.

Apart from that there's always been Honda confirmation and new parts for every stoppage so it's incredibly disrespectful I think, especially about a driver who we know tried to race with a broken rib for the same team.

loner

diffuser wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 18:58
loner wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 16:47
GREAT GREAT NEWS .. ALO COULD have more 3 hp from the spec 3.8 in Mexico :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13258 ... 1508021096

iam very bitter that i believed hasegawa and wazari for a whole year :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wazari isn't to blame, he has no idea why they're not releasing the Wazari Spec 4.

As for Hasegawa's Spec-4; as with most R&D your forecast date always has a "*" that is barring any unforeseen problems. They must have run into issues.

Now with yet another MGU-H problem, they're back at looking at that again ...

It doesn't look good for Honda next year but I don't believe in kicking someone when they're down.

I too am glad (now) that McLaren went to Renault.
i was defending them alot but i realized the fact that wazari post in this forum for one reason which convince people to not attack honda for their failures .. even you look at your self iam quoting you
see he succeeded with you just like alot of members even me but not any more
there is nothing call spec 4 and the fragile underpowered power unit they have now is the maximum they can introduce nothing more.. WAKE UP.
para bellum.

HondaRaceReplica
HondaRaceReplica

I can’t wait until next year......Honda obviously still needs to sort out reliability before they even introduce the spec 4 power unit....however Renault is still having their own problems as well with Hulkenberg and Ricciardo having to retire due to PU failures.....Mclaren is in for a hell of a ride next year minus the long term financial commitment that Honda brought....Red Bull are so desperate that they are even considering Aston and Porsche as alternatives to Renault because that power unit is so down on power and unreliable....not much of an upgrade from the Honda PU.....Hopefully Honda will “bring it”next year which is a reasonable expectation seeing how they improved so much with the “size zero” PU the second year they ran it but ppl here conveniently forget that and the fact that this year”s PU was developed only recently this year from scratch...Mclaren’s most iconic Championships happened when they where partnered with a Honda......but they have proven an unloyal partner starting with their last collaboration with Mercedes and ending this year with Honda.....Good luck Renault!...You thought you had it bad with Red Bull but you have never seen teammates as bad as the Mclaren organization and “Two Face Boullier”.......mark my words....Mclaren will probably beat Toro Rosso Honda next year...but come 2019 and in the long run STR Honda and Red Bull Honda will prevail..... :mrgreen:

zoroastar
zoroastar

yeah you would think leaving mercedes for 100 million a year and free honda engines would be a stellar idea. but honda dropped the ball, tried picking the ball up and fell on their faces. have you noticed how fast the red bulls and even renaults have been lately? yea they have some reliability problems atm, but at least the motor is competitive. honda is still nowhere near being close.

oh, and next year, its 3 strikes and you're out.

HondaRaceReplica wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 23:01
I can’t wait until next year......Honda obviously still needs to sort out reliability before they even introduce the spec 4 power unit....however Renault is still having their own problems as well with Hulkenberg and Ricciardo having to retire due to PU failures.....Mclaren is in for a hell of a ride next year minus the long term financial commitment that Honda brought....Red Bull are so desperate that they are even considering Aston and Porsche as alternatives to Renault because that power unit is so down on power and unreliable....not much of an upgrade from the Honda PU.....Hopefully Honda will “bring it”next year which is a reasonable expectation seeing how they improved so much with the “size zero” PU the second year they ran it but ppl here conveniently forget that and the fact that this year”s PU was developed only recently this year from scratch...Mclaren’s most iconic Championships happened when they where partnered with a Honda......but they have proven an unloyal partner starting with their last collaboration with Mercedes and ending this year with Honda.....Good luck Renault!...You thought you had it bad with Red Bull but you have never seen teammates as bad as the Mclaren organization and “Two Face Boullier”.......mark my words....Mclaren will probably beat Toro Rosso Honda next year...but come 2019 and in the long run STR Honda and Red Bull Honda will prevail..... :mrgreen:

makecry
makecry

etusch wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 12:14
Ok if Hasegawa I believe :)
Well Hasegawa said after Spa too that they decided to box Fernando but it didnt stop a lot of idiots from saying he "parked" it.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

When you're using 11 power units in a season, maybe more yet, the difference between 3 and 4 is irrelevant.

Honda know they're going to be creating penalties next year. Torro Rosso may as well embrace that reality from the outset.

diffuser

makecry wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 04:52
etusch wrote:
Well Hasegawa said after Spa too that they decided to box Fernando but it didnt stop a lot of idiots from saying he "parked" it.

I don't have a problem with Alonzo parking it when he's running 15th and has no chance of moving forward and has put in 75% of the race.

etusch

makecry wrote:
etusch wrote:
I remember that Hasegawa said they didn't find anything wrong with engine

dren

diffuser wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 05:30
makecry wrote:
etusch wrote:

I don't have a problem with Alonzo parking it when he's running 15th and has no chance of moving forward and has put in 75% of the race.
I'd have a problem paying him for not completing 25% of a race.
Honda!

HondaRaceReplica
HondaRaceReplica

Mods are supposed to moderate if posts get out of hand or off topic....It's not their job to censor comments however much they disagree with them!

TAG

dren wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 13:49
diffuser wrote:

Part of the payments teams get is for TV camera time, so if a drive does pull out of a race because he's frustrated, it costs the team money.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

GPR-A duplicate2

TAG wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 15:13
dren wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 13:49
diffuser wrote:

Part of the payments teams get is for TV camera time, so if a drive does pull out of a race because he's frustrated, it costs the team money.
Team has said, they are already trialing 2018 parts, so it would still be beneficial to bolt things and keep testing. It would be fun, to pit for a couple of minute or so, change parts and then send again. Who will stop that?