2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
The_table

Re: 2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

FAAAAABULOUUUSSSS :D

Sevach
Sevach

RS200E wrote:Looks good. Only 15 - 20 mil for a main livery sponsor though?
Ron Dennis doesn't like it either, that's why he's thrown off potential sponsors.
But that's the rate for the smaller teams really, i think Williams is around that with Martini.

I dislike that the drivers are being forced to change, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
https://twitter.com/ForceIndiaF1/status ... 5804774400

erlik
erlik

I just think this colour looks washed out... would like more like that Brabham, Damon Hill was driving... but it is sponsor's colour so...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Manjhi
Manjhi

My god, too many conditions attached with this deal. I hope they don't force the drivers to wear pink dresses for media attraction and publicity. :D

BWT has already got what they wanted i.e. media & public attention, wonderful strategy by them. But will this affect the image of Force India ? #-o

Even Hulk is laughing at the car, he just tweeted, this. https://twitter.com/HulkHulkenberg/stat ... 0823598080

Facts Only
Facts Only

Pink Helmets of Sergio and Esteban.... ha! Always room for a good double entendre.

I think it looks ace, I've been fed up of the dreary colour schemes for years.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

RZS10

^this
erlik wrote:I just think this colour looks washed out...
Apart from this rose being the company's colour I think with how the cameras are set up a very intense pink could look too red in certain light conditions potentially not setting it apart enough from Ferrari.

Even if i don't really like the piggy colour i welcome a greater variety in liveries - now we don't have a duplicate main colour.

ME4ME

Pink helmets... One step too far if you ask me.

dobbster71

I like it! Reminds me of the Pink Pig:

WRC is for boys. Group B was for men!
Juha Kankkunen

Mr Brooksy

Manjhi wrote:My god, too many conditions attached with this deal. I hope they don't force the drivers to wear pink dresses for media attraction and publicity. :D

BWT has already got what they wanted i.e. media & public attention, wonderful strategy by them. But will this affect the image of Force India ? #-o

Even Hulk is laughing at the car, he just tweeted, this.
https://twitter.com/HulkHulkenberg/stat ... 0823598080
I think the pink will have far less impact on their 'image' than the owners business dealings back in India.

Seems the Hulk is more than happy to burn the FI bridge! Interesting since they are the ones who gave him a life line after Williams dropped him...
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

IamLegend
IamLegend

Mr Brooksy wrote:
Manjhi wrote:My god, too many conditions attached with this deal. I hope they don't force the drivers to wear pink dresses for media attraction and publicity. :D

Even Hulk is laughing at the car, he just tweeted, this.
https://twitter.com/HulkHulkenberg/stat ... 0823598080
I think the pink will have far less impact on their 'image' than the owners business dealings back in India.

Seems the Hulk is more than happy to burn the FI bridge! Interesting since they are the ones who gave him a life line after Williams dropped him...

And SFi replied!
https://twitter.com/ForceIndiaF1/status ... 6156974080

raksf1
raksf1

Pink livery worth $20m to Force India - report

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/article/ ... eport.html

Sidhartha.techie
Sidhartha.techie

raksf1 wrote:Pink livery worth $20m to Force India - report

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/article/ ... eport.html
Won't be surprised if it' even slightly more than that considering that the logos are on the sidepods and the driver helmets are turning pink too.
"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

FrukostScones wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:i absolutely hate this to the guts.

really do.
why?
is that a question?
soft pastel pink, with a blue logo?

the color scheme of Force India looked fantastic, though i really missed the green as present as it used to be before.

this looked great

and i understand that nothing is forever, but this color scheme looks absolutely hideous.
it's eye-scorching hideous and even worse than the HRT livery with orange, white and gold.

I was actually hoping since Perez went to Force India that Carlos Slim's influence would be noted stronger and we'd get either a good amount of Telmex present or more colorful Mexican influence, which isn't far off from Force India's original white-green-orange colors, but it would be red-green-white instead.

but despite all the millions that carlos slim has, we end up with the millions of a german water purification / supply company that defines the livery of the car, and it is pastel pink with blue, and then the blue isn't even pastel.
it's as bad as it can be colorwise. I think Button's pink helmet color would actually even look better than this, but still,
pink in f1?

the color most missed in F1 is green, and we get pink instead.

i wasn't particularly fond of this:

but it looks better than the rendering we have gotten so far.

this doesn't look that bad either:

neither does this per se

and even pink pastel doesnt neccesarily has to look bad, if executed right

but this

to me looks absolutely distasteful.

i hope the actualy livery looks better, but i'm afraid it wont'.

this would be slightly better atleast, but it's not the hue of pink that the company has, so forget that.

imagine that, from being so close to signing a deal with Aston Martin, and potentially having a british racing green
or gulf-liveried Aston Martin F1 team to a hideous pink BWT Force India F1 team.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Mr.G

No problem with pink livery. In fact it will bring a lot of attention. And the drivers doesn't care of the color if it is fast...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

it is great
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM