Christian Horner's character

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
PlatinumZealot

Christian Horner's character

I found this on reddit. Yeah there is no point just found it interesting.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/m ... ities_and/

A celebrity chauffeur describing his time with two f1 personalities.
[โ€“]octaneN[S] 359 points 16 hours ago

I never had a really awful encounter. Some people, like Christian Horner (Red Bull Formula 1 Team), don't say "hello", "good bye" or even "thank you", but it never got any worse than being ignored.
The ride with Lewis is one of my coolest stories. I picked him up after the MTV Europe Music Awards, heading to the airport. He fell asleep quickly and as we arrived at the airport he just said "wow, that was quick! thanks!" Nice to hear from the guy who is your racing idol.
I have been travelling around the world for several F1 Races. One of my employers was a company providing the VIP Hospitality for the F1-Teams. It was a different situation every Grand Prix, depending on how many drivers the teams booked. Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes GP, Red Bull, Hispana... Have been working for all of them. Mostly you do not have direct contact to the drivers because they arrive in their own cars at the track, and i got to drive around either staff or VIP guests. But, of course, i have seen most of the drivers in the paddock, hotel or at some framework programme like sponsor events.

That was a great time, but also some very exhausting weekends.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Shrieker

Re: Christian Horner's character

Well ? :) Little things make the difference (so as they say), but you might be reading too much into it on this occasion don't you think :wink:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatรผrk

fastback33
fastback33

Doubt it, from the post it sounds like the OP from the forum of origin had an encounter with horner on more than one occasion. Devil's in the details, the fact he doesn't acknowledge the simple underlings that drive him around, or conduct remedial tasks, kind of says a lot about anyones character.

Belatti
Belatti

I tended to omit the "hello", "good bye" or even "thank you" words, too. I had to learn to use them often while I started working in a team (any kind of team).... "thank you" more than the others...
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna