Career in F1

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
sudar

Career in F1

Hey Guys

Am looking for some help.
I will be finishing my Under Grad in mechanical by July 2012.
I am planning to do my MS am confused whether to do in traditional Mechanical Engg and take subjects ( Vehicle dynamics,CFD ) which are inclined towards Automotive or take the Automotive course itself.
Am eligible for the Top universities like Ann Arbor, Purdue . But am not sure if US is a good place to do it from, considering that they do not have any manufacturing happening there.
Looking at Sweden(Chalmers) , TuE(Eindhoven), RWTH(Aachen) and UK universities.
Can any one help me with what UK universities I can apply for? I really do need some help on this.

Gerhard Berger

Re: Career in F1

Not an expert by any means, but if you are eligible for the top universities in the US, then surely you will be eligible for the top universities in the UK (Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick etc.). You will have to check on their website regarding their requirements though.

sudar

I have checked with UCL, Imperial and Warwick. My dilemma is whether to do it in Europe or USA

Gerhard Berger

sudar wrote:I have checked with UCL, Imperial and Warwick. My dilemma is whether to do it in Europe or USA
Well the majority of F1 teams (if that is what you are aiming for) are based in the UK, so I would imagine your networking opportunities will be better if you did choose to do.

Good luck with your applications :)

Tozza Mazza

Choose the course which has most of what you want out of it, in this case motor sports engineering (I'm guessing on the mechanical side). Choose the university and course most relevant to your needs, wherever that may be.

Good luck, I hope you get a career in F1!

sudar

I know what I am aiming at is something big and difficult . But I heard many people telling me that after doing Motorsport engineering, they have been unable to find a job.
Doing Mechanical gives me a wider option. Thanks everyone :)