Importance of speed at corner entry

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Nando
Nando

Re: Ferrari F2012

raymondu999 wrote:
Nando wrote:Do you think a car understeers all the time, even at 5km/h ???
If you're talking about racing speed - it would most probably. You're not gonna get anywhere going through a corner at 5km/h
If your car understeers at 100km/h, it means it will understeer at 100km/h.

Not 80km/h not 90km/h because then it would understeer at 80 or 90km/h.

there is a limit to when the understeer begins. It does not understeer all the time, everytime.
I can´t believe i even have to type this as i thought this was common knowledge here.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

NathanOlder

Slow in Fast out is an easy thing to grasp for beginners, slow in just means you wont go off the track, and you can get the car pointing the right way easier to apply full throttle.

In F1 Fast in, Fast mid Corner = fast out. if your slow mid corner, you wont win a thing im afraid.

Is Nando an American ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

MuseF1
MuseF1

banibhusan wrote:
MuseF1 wrote:Yes back to the F2012... I think that the bulky bodywork around the exhaust cuts off or disrupts much flow to the coke bottle/beam wing area. How soon do you guys think Ferrari could implement a tidier solution like the RBR spec 1 or Sauber exhaust + bodywork?
Pat Fry said that they will continue working on their launch spec configuration and the design will be ready for the test at Mugello in May. Which means they will still have the famous ACER ducts and that exposed floor area. IF they haven't changed their plans already.

Btw, just caught my mind. Who said that the looks of the Ferrari will not please their sponsors. Damn, ACER would be feeling real proud now. They have a part of the FERRARI car named after them. Wanna meet that marketing genius who asked Ferrari to print ACER there. =D>
Haha clever marketing indeed. But I think these 'Acer' ducts are half of the problem, they messed around with them so much through testing, well not so much with the ducts but with the exhaust exit. With no other teams featuring an 'Acer duct' solution are they really any good, surely its worth testing out a solution that is closer to the rest of the teams? A new sidepod rear end to test out, they've already tried moving the exhausts more inboard during testing so that shouldnt be to hard to do again

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

Nando wrote:
morefirejules08 wrote:@Nando
Just out of interest why does your theories on racing come from? is it your own personal on track experiences or just what your "national Champion" friend tells you?
I wasn´t the one with the national champ as friend.

Books, more books, racing drivers, racing driver teachers (whatever the shorter name of that is) etc.

This is why i get annoyed. Slow in, fast out is the first rule you learn in racing.
This is because fast out is more important then fast in.

You make sure you hit the apex and then get on the power as soon as possible and you never take your foot off the throttle unless you know you can keep it there.
so you have little or no personal experience? all your knowledge is theory based?

Nando
Nando

NathanOlder wrote:Slow in Fast out is an easy thing to grasp for beginners, slow in just means you wont go off the track, and you can get the car pointing the right way easier to apply full throttle.

In F1 Fast in, Fast mid Corner = fast out. if your slow mid corner, you wont win a thing im afraid.
This is brilliant stuff. right now i´m just sitting back and laughing at the incompetence of your posts.

Last sentence is just gold!

I love also how you disregard the power of an F1 car. This is brilliant material.

Only thing missing in your post is a trollface.

NathanOlder

Ferrari will try many things to get their car competetive, but im sure nothing will work.
Last edited by NathanOlder on 17 Mar 2012, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

eurocentric
eurocentric

Nando wrote: Your username says all that needs to be said about spelling. Please STFU on th subject until you realize (we use Z's over here that isn't a misspelling or typo) that British English and American English are in fact different languages.

You corrupted our language not the other way round.

Aluminium and colour

Got a habit of removing letters haven't you.

So you STFU, thank you.

Your just an asshole. Proof right here.

You think English was the first language on earth?
Nope I don't no idea where you got that from.

I just using this as a distraction from work till I leave at 8pm

Thanks for the abuse though, much appreciated old bean.
Last edited by eurocentric on 17 Mar 2012, 21:08, edited 2 times in total.

eurocentric
eurocentric

MuseF1 wrote:
Your username says all that needs to be said about spelling. Please STFU on th subject until you realize (we use Z's over here that isn't a misspelling or typo) that British English and American English are in fact different languages.
You corrupted our language not the other way round.

Aluminium and colour

Got a habit of removing letters haven't you.

So you STFU, thank you.[/quote]

Please tell us how the spelling of tyres, Aluminium and how the American's altered the English English language has any effect on the performance of the 2012 Ferrari[/quote]

It doesn't, old chap.

Nando
Nando

morefirejules08 wrote:so you have little or no personal experience? all your knowledge is theory based?
Says who? You did right? because i never mentioned it? because you had a pre-determined thought of me?

I have plenty of experience on track. The reason i did not mention it is because you can go out on a track and do 1.000 laps but if you don´t know what you are doing you will be slower then a guy who knows how to go fast but only has done 50 laps.

Do you see where i´m going here?

Pup
Pup

MuseF1 wrote:Please tell us how the spelling of tyres, Aluminium and how the American's altered the English English language has any effect on the performance of the 2012 Ferrari
Because when Fry told the engineers that they needed to provide a schedule for the new exhaust, they went off and built a little shed for it.

JMN
JMN

Nando wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:Understeer is hard to see, But we all saw it today. Either that or we can read Massa's & Alonso's mind making us all telepathic! and way more advanced than you. I think it'll be us seeing the understeer to be honest
You have failed to provide any evidence on it.
Show me a video of the car understeering in entry. on exit it´s impossible to see.
Sky showed a side-by-side comparison of Jenson Button and Alonso after FP2. Anthony Davidson explicitly commented on Alonso trying to manage the car understeering on entry. If you have access to it, I'm sure it's possible to dig it up.

You have some good inputs, but for the sake of the thread, don't be such a hothead. http://37signals.com/svn/posts/3124-giv ... ve-minutes

Nando
Nando

Nathan also laid down the knowledge on me :)

On PM´s

Nathan - So if your a pro behind the wheel, i expect you have a decent sim set up at home ?

ME - Yes i have actually.

I onl run iRacing though.

I don´t run much but in the Ford GT before the latest build where the car got more then one second faster i was 0.6 from the World Record.

And you?

Nathan - And your American ?

I just Run F1 2011 with a G27 wheel, works fine for me.

As if F1 2011 had any form of physics in the first place.

come on now... this is the guys i´m discussing with here..

eurocentric
eurocentric

Nando wrote: Are you going to "special-work"?
You know...for special people?

Don´t forget the crayons, i´ll see you later, bye bye!
The only special person with crayon needs I know at the moment is you.

I doubt you will see me later or at any point ever in the future of your life.

Now back to the matter at hand, the poor car that ferrari that have built for this years championship.

Will we see an improvement by the penultimate round by bringing back the f2002 with a big printout of this years car wrapped around it to disguise it with little holes for the drivers to see out of.

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

Nando wrote:
morefirejules08 wrote:so you have little or no personal experience? all your knowledge is theory based?
Says who? You did right? because i never mentioned it? because you had a pre-determined thought of me?

I have plenty of experience on track. The reason i did not mention it is because you can go out on a track and do 1.000 laps but if you don´t know what you are doing you will be slower then a guy who knows how to go fast but only has done 50 laps.

Do you see where i´m going here?
Nando wrote:Books, more books, racing drivers, racing driver teachers (whatever the shorter name of that is) etc.
says you! you mentioned no on track experience when i asked you a simple question.
personally i think you are a troll who is looking for a rise from other posters. your own contradictions point to this and the fact you will argue with anyone that doesnt agree with your theories which are imo wrong

Nando
Nando

JMN wrote:Sky showed a side-by-side comparison of Jenson Button and Alonso after FP2. Anthony Davidson explicitly commented on Alonso trying to manage the car understeering on entry. If you have access to it, I'm sure it's possible to dig it up.

You have some good inputs, but for the sake of the thread, don't be such a hothead. http://37signals.com/svn/posts/3124-giv ... ve-minutes
I would love to see that bit, i did see the Sky FP2 practice but not the "legal" way so it was only the session.

I´m trying not to but it´s hard when 6 guys (some of the as competent as my grand mother) are all responding to me, one even calling me an idiot. Which i can assure you i´m not.

Back to the FP2 thing. Was it dry? Were they running dry tires? Had they the same compound?

Maybe we could find the hotlap of Alonso in Qualifying seeing as i think that was the fastest time he set so far. (to get the best possible view on this understeering on entry) Edit: And because the setup is at it´s last evolution of driving on low fuel.

we have Hamilton´s qual lap as a base, that is a good benchmark considering it´s pole lap.
Last edited by Nando on 17 Mar 2012, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.