Data Acquisition Help??

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
MattyDynamic

Data Acquisition Help??

Hi Guys,

Im looking for some help with some race data material if possible.

Im a long time motorsport fan and Im trying to do anything I can to get into the sport, with my ideal career target being a Race Engineer of some form.

Im a mechanic of 10years and currently studying for a HND in Electronic Engineering and also the Motorsport Data Acquisition CPD course through Oxford Brookes. I also have numerous motorsport engineering books covering all topics.

Im wondering if theres any race teams on here that would be able to send me a data file for a past race weekend or testing session for me to study. I currently have AIM, STACK, Race Technology and MoTec software on my laptop but the only files i have been able to use are the sample ones with the software, which I have now exhausted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

P.S. Is the Buddy Fey book worth the £200 price tag?

Caito

Re: Data Acquisition Help??

You can get a lot of files from rFactor. Then you can play a lot with the Motec program.

Don't know if that's exactly what you're looking for.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

N12ck

Re: Data Acquisition Help??

All I have is my karting data for setups and things like that, but thats pretty useless, sorry :D
Budding F1 Engineer