Who was your favorite James Bond?

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.

Your favorite Bond actor?

Sean Connery
44%
George Lazenby
No votes
Roger Moore
6%
Timothy Dalton
6%
Pierce Brosnan
31%
Daniel Craig
13%

Total votes: 16

raymondu999

Who was your favorite James Bond?

With the recent release of Skyfall, I have some curious questions to ask.

What are your personal favorite Bonds?

I personally haven't been a fan of the latest Craig Bond. Not because of Craig himself nor his acting, but because of the way they've changed to a more "human" character. I loved the suave, smoothie James Bond who was always invincible. He was always so cool and calm that he would never forgo the opportunity for a quip.

I find the latest Bond with too many weaknesses, and too "human." I preferred the "pointless fun" type character invincibility of the pre-reboot James Bonds. Of course this is all personal preference. Some will undoubtedly like the new way Bond is written.

Who are your picks?

Actors who have played Bond:
Sean Connery - 6 movies
George Lazenby - 1 movie
Roger Moore - 7 movies
Timothy Dalton - 2 movies
Pierce Brosnan - 4 movies
Daniel Craig - 3 movies
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Kiril Varbanov

Re: Who was your favorite James Bond?

Voted for Brosnan, that's my eternal association with Bond.

Not that I don't like Craig, but he is just different, and more closer to the "cold and ruthless" character described and portrayed at Fleming's original novels. I haven't seen the Skyfall yet, though.

autogyro
autogyro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtI_1JJOvQ4

You forgot the real James Bond

Wing Commander Ken Wallis MBE

Two tours flying Wellington bombers in WW2, bailed out once, crash landed once, bomb bay fire.
Helped set up the first British jet bomber squadren with Canberas.
Helped Curtis Le May set up SAC in America flying the B36 all around the world during the cold war.
Covert opps in Germany and the middle east and much more still restricted.

Ken was Bond when he flew 'little nelly' for the film you only live twice.
Little Nelly did all it was supposed to do, rocket firing trials gun firing etc and was used on proper military opps.
Nelly was the only 'gadget' in the bond films that actualy worked for real.
She can still fly rings around an Apache gunship and is faster and more agile than any current combat helicopter.
You can buy 2000 for the price of one Apache.
Ask the government why she is not in service all around the world.
Many completely successful police and civil operations.
Ken Wallis is still flying his aircraft (he has 19 at his own airfield) and he is now 96 years old.
He makes your modern Bond's and most young people today look like pansies.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

My vote went to Craig. He and Brosnon are of my lifetime, but Brosno is too "pretty". Craig is tough and can pull everything off with just enough coolness and intelligence.

I can't wait to see Skyfall this upcoming weekend! Although it would've been much more enjoyable if it had come out while I was in Mexico two weekends ago.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

strad

There is only one Bond all others are imitators :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

xxChrisxx
xxChrisxx

strad wrote:There is only one Bond all others are imitators :wink:
There's only one that is made of 100% pure coolness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTynXfIn ... re=related

Cam

Tough question, like asking which is the best driver, it depends on the era. Early Bond was ground breaking for its time with sci fi gadgets and super human feats and I doubt those audiences would have taken to Craig and the current more 'real' movie style. You can see why Connery is well favoured too with the entire tongue in cheek, suave demeanour and outrageous sexual inyourendo.

For me, the recent Craig films have really brought the series into the new era brilliantly. Connery nailed the older era role when he played Bond too. I cannot separate them. Each defines a different time too well.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Blue fellow
Blue fellow

For me it is between Brosnan and Connery. They for me come off as the classiest. I'm not a fan of Daniel Craig as James Bond. I am honestly getting caught up on his hair colour, it's just not natural :wtf:

Morteza

Sean Connery without a doubt. The worst was Roger Moore. I just couldn't stand the guy. He was a like a television character not a movie star.

Here's the scene from Dr. No where Bond first introduces himself with that famous quotation: Bond. James Bond.
Pure class =D>

EDIT: I just realized that xxChrisxx had already posted the video of this scene. Brilliant! :)
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

strad

Morteza wrote:Sean Connery without a doubt. The worst was Roger Moore. I just couldn't stand the guy. He was a like a television character not a movie star.
NOPE..George Lazenby ...HE...was the worst.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Morteza

strad wrote:
Morteza wrote:Sean Connery without a doubt. The worst was Roger Moore. I just couldn't stand the guy. He was a like a television character not a movie star.
NOPE..George Lazenby ...HE...was the worst.
I agree. The thing is that the movie was not bad. I liked the movie, but the Bond actor? No.

Sean Connery had the charisma none of the actors who succeeded him possessed. His sense of humor also was so good. Pierce Brosnan to some extent repeated that. Craig is good, but too serious for my taste. His relationships with women seems to have no chemistry as such.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare