Your valuable suggestions about sofware/courses

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
automotiveaspirant

Your valuable suggestions about sofware/courses

Hello Everyone
I graduated in automotive engineering and I am looking to settle down in this field but as I don't have enough work experience in this sector and I am looking to apply for jobs as i don't have knowledge in automotive sector I want to learn further and build a good career, but I am really confused in which COURSE/SOFTWARE TOOLS to do. so could anyone please suggest me some automotive courses which are vastly used in automotive industry/manufacturing which has good job prospects at the moment. I will really owe you a lot if you could suggest me by taking your valuable time.
looking forward to hear from you soon

Greg Locock

Re: Your valuable suggestions about sofware/courses

The competence with the GUI of a given computer package that the average uni course gives is not a great deal of help in the real world. (a) your direct competition is people who have used a given package for 1500 hours (b) and its probably not the package your lecturers told you about and encouraged you to use for 400 hours.

Raptor22

Best thing to do is draw up a plan.

What are you competencies currently?
What are your gaps?
What is required to find a role with a Auto Manufacturer, design consultant, component supplier?
Phone up all the companies that deal with these and ask to speak to a recruitment manager in HR. Ask them what the company is all about, how do they go about hiring? Do they have a graduate program?
But be ver clear on your path initially. even if it changes later, you need to be sure wha it is you want before they let you in the door

Greg Locock

Re: Career suggestions

Specific packages

CATIA
LS_DYNA
Nastran
Hypermesh
MSC ADAMS
Cartune
LMS anything
Matlab
more Matlab
lots of Matlab

Clew

Find out if your desired hiring company can take you on as an intern.
“Championships are won in the first half of the season, not just the second half” Raikkonen