Oxford Brookes: Motosport/Automotive Engineering BEng

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Marek
Marek

Oxford Brookes: Motosport/Automotive Engineering BEng

Hello,
This is my first post on this forum. I have an inquiry concerning the entry requrements for Motorsport or Automotive Engineering BEng degrees taught at Oxford Brookes. As I am the International Baccalaureate student, I am supposed to obtain a minimum of 30 points overally, and a minimum mark of 6 in HL Maths and Physics (data from the university website). These values are not as "considerable" as the prestige of the university - I think that at least 60% of applicants will be able to achieve such scores. Therefore, the university will make offers for the lucky ones basing strongly on the initial impressions after reading Personal Statements. And here is my question: what are the "unoffical requirements" to obtain a place for studying? What do the univeristy tutors seek among applicants in order to give them an offer? An interest in particular areas of physics such as kinetamtics or thermodynamics? Commitment in some projects on a voluntary basis? Some initial experience gained while working in motor companies? Carreer prospects?
Thank you in advance for the replies.

Greg Locock
Greg Locock

Re: Oxford Brookes: Motosport/Automotive Engineering BEng

Oxford Brookes is not the same as Oxford University, in any sense. Hence your comments about prestige may be out of line. For the sake of comparison to get into engineering at Cambridge the offer was A A B back when A levels were hard, in 1978. That'd be when a typical good engineering uni was offering B B C or thereabouts.