have we lost Top Gear???

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
chapmanlung
chapmanlung

have we lost Top Gear???

IS this true about Top gear not coming back on out TV's?
Sunday nights will never be the same without top gear!! :cry:

joseff

There are rumors that Clarkson alone may leave.

m3_lover

They have the summer special for this year and they are suppose to start another season in the fall...the only thing going on is that Jeremy clarkson might not be in it (I think it has something to do with a contract dispute) which is a shame because his cheekyness and political incorrectness was part of why the show was good
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

joseff

Bring back Vicki from Fifth Gear! She drives faster, looks better, and I'm sure is cheaper than Clarkson.

m3_lover

No way..if anything bring back Tiff...but Fifth gear has gone downhill especially the last season
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Ted68

Can Fifth gear and give Vicki and Tiff to Clarkson. It wouldn't be the same without that arrogant, sarcastic, Yank hating Brit.

ketanpaul

Bring in anyone but please keep Clarkson !!! plzzzzzzzz :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sawtooth-spike

Ted68 wrote:Can Fifth gear and give Vicki and Tiff to Clarkson. It wouldn't be the same without that arrogant, sarcastic, Yank hating Brit.
I would not say he is yank Hating. He just does not really like any country other than england, so aleast his consitant :wink:
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

waynes
waynes

Sawtooth-spike wrote:
I would not say he is yank Hating. He just does not really like any country other than england, so aleast his consitant :wink:
he is consistent indeed :D

Ted68

Sawtooth-spike wrote:
Ted68 wrote:Can Fifth gear and give Vicki and Tiff to Clarkson. It wouldn't be the same without that arrogant, sarcastic, Yank hating Brit.
Yes he is. And he makes me laugh. Also, he is the only one of the three who really knows anything about cars. What was the Hamster before this, a DJ?

So give him the two girls as a signing bonus and put the damn show on BBC America!

JimmyK
JimmyK

I would not say he is yank Hating. He just does not really like any country other than england, so aleast his consitant
I think he just likes to generalise countries other than England, like his view of America is a country full of the people like those he met on that journey from Florida to New Orleans.
Yes he is. And he makes me laugh. Also, he is the only one of the three who really knows anything about cars. What was the Hamster before this, a DJ?
Hammond did various radio stuff, May was a motoring journalist beforehand. He got fired from one job for putting hidden messages in an article I think :D

But anyway, James May is the real hero of Top Gear :wink:

kurtiejjj
kurtiejjj

Top Gear without Clarkson? That's a disaster, he's irriplaceable just as the Hamster and May. If any of them quits it will not be the same, they're such a good team together. No, no Top gear without Clarkson!

f1.redbaron

I have a hard time believing that BBC thinks that they could do the show with just Hammond and May. All three of them bring something unique which would make this show almost pointless without any one of them. Think of any possible combination, and you'll see that it just wouldn't work.

I'm guessing that Clarkson is asking for a lot of money, and BBC is trying to get him at a much cheaper price...which is causing all the friction. Now, in order to get his way, betting that his fan-club will send BBC some "angry" e-mails, he is saying that TG won't come back this summer.

Are there any rumors as to how much are they getting paid?

Ranald
Ranald

James May was on the radio earlier today and said that there will DEFINATELY be a new series coming in the summer. He also said that Jeremy Clarkson would DEFINATELY be part of the team. The quotes in the Sun newspaper, that caued all this worry, have apperently been taken out of context (suprise suprise this is the Sun). The only confusion was over WHEN not IF the series would be back.
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

f1.redbaron

Here is a funny clip with Hammond (not Top Gear). For those of you who understand French, don't read the subtitles. Just listen to the way he butchers the language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFHOBHpbfPg

The funniest part was when he said what he hates about his job.