User created F1/motorsport graphics

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
gridwalker
gridwalker

User created F1/motorsport graphics

Seeing as we have a few 3D designers displaying their work on the site (and mighty impressive they are too), I thought I'd see what other creative souls are on the forum.

I'm sure there are a lot of you out there with extensive image libraries and I was wondering if any of you had created any particularly interesting F1 related graphics.

I've not got any experience with 3D modelling, so I can't compete on technical merit, but I have been known to create an image or two in my time ;)

Several years ago, I invested a some money into an A2 printer and started filling my house with framed prints, including home made photomosaics. Unfortunately, although I made a series of mosaics solely composed of F1 images, I can only currently locate the file of an image that I created after the 2007 Race of Champions at Wembley Stadium.

The mosaic contains photos that I took at the 2005 Belgian Grand Prix, the 2006 Goodwood Festival of Speed, 2007 Renault World Series and the 2007 Race of Champions, depicting the 2007 "Champion of Champions" Mattias Ekström (2007 DTM Champion) demonstrating his DTM Audi A4 on the Race of Champions circuit.

The final image was MASSIVE, but I'll post a small version here as a taster :

As the small version really doesn't do the mosaic any justice, I'd recommend downloading a larger version from the following links :

Large Version (6.8 mb) : http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1045950/Medi ... Mosaic.jpg
Full Size Version (188.5 mb) : http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1045950/Larg ... Mosaic.png (Extremely large file - right click & download)

I'm particularly pleased with the way the front wheel came out :)

Has anybody else made anything that they'd like to share?
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

PNSD
PNSD

Re: User created F1/motorsport graphics

That is unreal! Amazing!!!

abhisheksampat
abhisheksampat

thats awesome! =D>
must look really good hanging on your wall

gridwalker
gridwalker

It looks good in A2, but what I really want is to get a copy printed by a friend with access to a commercial 42" roller printer ... Unfortunately, I have no means of getting it back without paying for extortionate postage costs!

So ... has anybody else created anything interesting/amusing?

Giblet
Giblet

What software did you use?

Was that done on a Mac or PC?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

gridwalker
gridwalker

Giblet wrote:What software did you use?

Was that done on a Mac or PC?
I made it in several strips using AndreaMosaic running in Windows Emulation mode (wine) on a PC running Ubuntu Linux, connecting the strips together using Photostich.

Unfortunately, the mosaic tools that I've found for linux are rudimentary at best, so I have to use the windows alternative despite wine slowing my ancient PC down to a crawl.

Giblet
Giblet

I've posted this one before, but unfortunately the original file looks MUCH better then the youtube blocky compressed version, and it didn't consider my video HD even though it was higher resolution then 480.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkn9BaOd1U[/youtube]
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

gridwalker
gridwalker

Giblet wrote:I've posted this one before, but unfortunately the original file looks MUCH better then the youtube blocky compressed version, and it didn't consider my video HD even though it was higher resolution then 480.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkn9BaOd1U[/youtube]
That is very nicely done : the alignment between the two source images is just superb!

I've played with morphing a little bit, but have only made one that is relevant to Formula One (and I only made it as a joke).

A friend once commented that every time she saw Frank Williams he seemed to be more and more like Davros, leader of the Daleks ... I'm not a fan of Dr Who but I found the idea amusing, so I made this :

I posted this in another F1 forum quite some time ago & a few people thought that I was picking on the guy in a wheelchair for ridicule, so I will add that I hold Frank Williams in the highest esteem. In fact, my Williams Grand Prix Engineering visitor's pass is one of my most cherished posessions ...

Frank Williams is a self made man, which I respect, and runs what is still one of the most successful teams in the history of the sport. As a public figure, I feel that this makes him as much a target for satire as any other person living in the limelight, so please don't take it the wrong way!!!

Paul

My current desktop wallpaper- nothing special, but looks pretty good I think. F1 rain tyre with some minor editing...