RE: F1 PC games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
gooner159

RE: F1 PC games

Are there any fun F1 PC games that i can easily download from? Can provide the link?

mike

Re: RE: F1 PC games

f1 challenge 99-02 torrent
on thepiratebay

Giblet

not legally.

Everyone knows you CAN download from the piratebay, but I don't think we are supposed to be supporting that kind of talk in this forum.

Rfactor however can be downloaded from their website, but it is not a free game beyond the Demi
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

RacingManiac

You could buy rFactor's plain vanilla version for something like $20, and download the excellent F1 mod such as the CTDP F1 2006....

Scotracer

Powertrain Cooling Engineer

CMSMJ1

Grand Prix Legends.... Available for a fiver and you are set for a lifetime of learning how tough a sim can be
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

DaveKillens

It's amazing that Grand Prix Legends came out in 1998 and still is playable. It's also a true classic in every term. And if you can master setups and driving this sim, you can drive anything. For me, it's still the toughest sim around. And best.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Giblet

Agreed.

While the graphics are a little dated, and the weather system is nonexistent, it is still the most rewarding sim, IMO. I had a small analogue wheel that was similar to a pistol grip RC controller, and it was so good for that game.

I used to race in a mini league with a bunch of us "elite" who had cable modems in their homes back then. The racing was always very tight, and around Monza the drafting and position swapping was just like it was in the 60s, constant.

A fast lap at the old Spa was very rewarding.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

jddh1

what do you guys think of the GTR: Evolution game by Simbin?

I just started playing these racing games and this one is tough I think, in terms of car physics.

RacingManiac

jddh1 wrote:what do you guys think of the GTR: Evolution game by Simbin?

I just started playing these racing games and this one is tough I think, in terms of car physics.
Its similar to rFactor, GTR2, GT Legend...etc. The engine is the same. I think in terms of the setup, rFactor being the open to modding platform its most friendly to use as base to do modern openwheel racing(options like 3rd damper and such). The other ones have more focus on sportscar and thus narrows your setup options down.

Giblet

jddh1 wrote:what do you guys think of the GTR: Evolution game by Simbin?

I recently bought that game, as it was on sale for 19.99 and GTR2 and Simbin have a good reputation.

Right after buying it, I realized that my Xbox 360 controller will no longer suffice, as a wheel is now a necessity. If a game is not made for analogue sticks, you tend to snap the car around too much, and if you numb the steering rate, you cant do any quick snap maneuvers to correct mistakes or hits from other cars. I can't really judge the game too well with the sticks.

Good news is I can get the 360 wheel for 99CDN, that has a decent reputation, and use it both systems.

GTR:Evo should be much more enjoyable then.

hollus

Giblet,

I can't believe you are not suggesting Pole Position for MAME. The ROM is not quite completely legal, I guess, but at 28 years old...
The phisics were just amazing, specially the stopping from 300Km/h to 0 in about 100m when the car burst into flames!
Rivals, not enemies.

Giblet

hollus wrote:Giblet,

I can't believe you are not suggesting Pole Position for MAME. The ROM is not quite completely legal, I guess, but at 28 years old...
The phisics were just amazing, specially the stopping from 300Km/h to 0 in about 100m when the car burst into flames!

I never mentioned it as I am afraid that Atari will come back form the dead, sue me, and die again, just to prove a point :)

I have two video game systems, and Xbox 360, and a modified Xbox. On the chipped Xbox I have a 120gig HD I dropped in with MAME for Xbox and about 4000 roms. Yesterday me and a buddy were playing Double Dragon, just because.

When played on a TV tube in 480, it looks exactly like it did in the arcade. The pixels are smoothed into rasterized lines.

My suggestion, don't play Pole Position, Outrun, or any of those games, as my mind remembers them being much better then they are.