The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:EDIT: thank god there is no rating in this tread... :D :D :D
indeed... just a bunch of nonsense

GoranF1
GoranF1

Jef Patat wrote:
ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:EDIT: thank god there is no rating in this tread... :D :D :D
it's not it's called to "throw a bone" 8)
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Richard
Richard

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:
Jef Patat wrote:
it's not it's called to "throw a bone" 8)
No voting? Look what happened .... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

djos

2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

n04h f1 wrote:I really hope Rosberg can win this race to make this season more interesting, especially since the Ferraris probably won't be as close to the Mercs as in Malaysia.
I don't, Britney has proven he can't race hard unless he's being coached so imo he will flattened by Hamilton this year.
"In downforce we trust"

godlameroso

Re: 2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

It's going to be a damp Friday, cold cloudy but dry Saturday, and a cool but sunny Sunday. Rosberg is better than Hamilton around here, if he qualifies in front of him he can probably hold him off. Dark horse for this race will be Raikkonen, his softs will last forever, and I think he's a bit faster than Vettel.
Saishū kōnā

djos

godlameroso wrote:It's going to be a damp Friday, cold cloudy but dry Saturday, and a cool but sunny Sunday. Rosberg is better than Hamilton around here, if he qualifies in front of him he can probably hold him off. Dark horse for this race will be Raikkonen, his softs will last forever, and I think he's a bit faster than Vettel.
That was before the driver coaching ban, we'll see how good he really is this weekend.
"In downforce we trust"

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Juzh wrote:
ringo wrote:
spadeflush wrote:Hopefully Kimi will have an event free race. I have a feeling he is right up there with Vettel.Would love to see a close battle among them
He seems like he can be faster than Vettel, all things going well with his setup. So far he has shown very interesting pace at some instances.
Like when? I'm honestly curious, because the number don't add up, and FPs are not something to rely on. Just ask hamilton.
Joking?

Have you seen the races. At least he is a match.

raymondu999

godlameroso wrote:Rosberg is better than Hamilton around here, if he qualifies in front of him he can probably hold him off
Going by what data? 2013 and 2014 saw Lewis out qualify and outrace Rosberg in China
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Jordan44

raymondu999 wrote:
godlameroso wrote:Rosberg is better than Hamilton around here, if he qualifies in front of him he can probably hold him off
Going by what data? 2013 and 2014 saw Lewis out qualify and outrace Rosberg in China
Plus Lewis has more wins here than any other driver on the grid. I think it's fair to say he's quick enough around China to win...

I've seen a few people saying it. I think people think it just because Nico won here in 2012 in a car which we were not expecting to be competitive. The reason Nico won then was due to the DRS system on the Merc. He didn't have a strong challenge from his team mate all weekend.

Juzh

foxmulder_ms wrote: Joking?

Have you seen the races. At least he is a match.
You just said "seemed like he could be faster" and I asked you to provide data on how you got that conclusion. Nothing so far indicated RAI is indeed faster. That's not to say he's not, because he's had a lot of bad luck and can not be objectively measured yet, but equally there's nothing to say that he is.
People will point to melbourne and his 2nd stint, but anyone can be fast on new option tire on a compromised strategy. In malaysia in his 3rd stint he had 3 laps older hard tires than Vetttel, but was considerably slower. He had aero damage due to tire puncture, so we're back to square one. You can't say either way who's faster.

Moose
Moose

godlameroso wrote:It's going to be a damp Friday, cold cloudy but dry Saturday, and a cool but sunny Sunday. Rosberg is better than Hamilton around here, if he qualifies in front of him he can probably hold him off. Dark horse for this race will be Raikkonen, his softs will last forever, and I think he's a bit faster than Vettel.
Eh? Rosberg has never beaten Hamilton around this track.

George-Jung
George-Jung

Moose wrote:
Eh? Rosberg has never beaten Hamilton around this track.
Eh? Yes he did..
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/17718458

raymondu999

J0rd4n wrote:Plus Lewis has more wins here than any other driver on the grid
In terms of Lewis vs Nico - I'm not going to accept that as an argument, because we only saw them competing in equal machinery over 2013 and 2014. But yes, Lewis in general is good in China
George-Jung wrote:
Moose wrote:Eh? Rosberg has never beaten Hamilton around this track.
Eh? Yes he did..
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/17718458
Not as teammates, I think that's what Moose meant.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MercedesAMGSpy

You can talk what you want, at the moment LH is outperforming Nico again. High time for Nico to do something special or it will be too late.

I expect Mercedes will be strong here, but Ferrari won't be far away.

djos

turbof1 wrote:I agree with that. I'll adjust the names later on, but posts containing the name after this will be removed. It's not an issue when it gets mentioned once or so, but it's getting quite tiresome.
Fwiw Britney is his paddock nickname given to him by Mark Webber while both were at Williams.
"In downforce we trust"