The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Artur Craft

Re: 2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

Despite the curiosity about the pecking order in China, the thing about this race is that I won't watch it. There will be Indycar, ELMS, Moto3/2/GP, and most specially, the 6 hours of Silverstone on the same weekend.

Juzh

Artur Craft wrote:Despite the curiosity about the pecking order in China, the thing about this race is that I won't watch it. There will be Indycar, ELMS, Moto3/2/GP, and most specially, the 6 hours of Silverstone on the same weekend.
Temptation will be strong. Odds aren't in your favour :mrgreen:

GPR-A duplicate2

Artur Craft wrote:Despite the curiosity about the pecking order in China, the thing about this race is that I won't watch it. There will be Indycar, ELMS, Moto3/2/GP, and most specially, the 6 hours of Silverstone on the same weekend.
BREAKING NEWS!!! Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 and Scuderia Ferrari have decided not to race in China, as Mr Artur Craft is not going watch Chinese GP. :!: :!: :!:

SectorOne

Everybody taking notes of how Artur won´t see the Chinese GP.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

maccafan
maccafan

Noted

Gettingonabit
Gettingonabit

Juzh wrote:
Temptation will be strong. Odds aren't in your favour :mrgreen:
GPR-A wrote: BREAKING NEWS!!! Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 and Scuderia Ferrari have decided not to race in China, as Mr Artur Craft is not going watch Chinese GP. :!: :!: :!:
SectorOne wrote:Everybody taking notes of how Artur won´t see the Chinese GP.
You know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!

But its still bloody funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PlatinumZealot

Sure you won't, Artur...because you love these other series so much don't you?

Yeah, I believe you.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

AnthonyG

MercedesAMGSpy wrote:You can talk what you want, at the moment LH is outperforming Nico again. High time for Nico to do something special or it will be too late.

I expect Mercedes will be strong here, but Ferrari won't be far away.
I expect Ferrari half a second behind the Mercs.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

GPR-A duplicate2

markp wrote: Form can change year on year but I could not get over the fact Vettel has won more championships than Ricciardo has races.
If that is THE yardstick, Michael Schumacher is the greatest formula one driver, much better than Senna by A BIG margin. Alonso is so much more inferior to Vettel, less race wins and lesser championships. No?

djos

GPR-A wrote: If that is THE yardstick, Michael Schumacher is the greatest formula one driver, much better than Senna by A BIG margin. Alonso is so much more inferior to Vettel, less race wins and lesser championships. No?
It's a good thing the race topics dont allow post voting, or you'd be in the negatives in seconds! #-o
"In downforce we trust"

Shrieker

djos wrote:
GPR-A wrote: If that is THE yardstick, Michael Schumacher is the greatest formula one driver, much better than Senna by A BIG margin. Alonso is so much more inferior to Vettel, less race wins and lesser championships. No?
It's a good thing the race topics dont allow post voting, or you'd be in the negatives in seconds! #-o
a lack of /s tag at the end can make a big difference yanno :)

--------

I'm waiting this race with anticipation as with everyone who has already posted multiple times in this thread :D Merc. were good here last season, but at the same time this was one of the circuits where Ferrari's rather underwhelming challenger excelled at.

A routine weekend should indicate whether this season will develop into something or not.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

GPR-A duplicate2

djos wrote:
Thank you for enlightening me. I didn't know that voting didn't existed for race threads, despite myself opening one.

raymondu999

PlatinumZealot wrote:Sorry I was not detailed enough... Smedley came out and said there are two techniques to deliver a Good Q lap in China. The person that discovered the technique(s) was Jenson Button. After uncovering the trick(s) he smartly played dumb until Q3 where he used it to his advantage to out-qualify Lewis Hamilton by 4 tenths in S3. It was until a few looks over the telemetry that Lewis' engineers figured out the trick. It is quite interesting how the track layout can vary tyre energy over a lap. China has the most exaggerated variations in tyre energy of the lap.. Jenson discovered that you have to choose a single sector and tune your car for that. He chose Sector 3.... He dialed back the aggression on the first two sectors and went all out blazing on the third sector... on that day that was the sector that delivered the most time.. and the only way you would have noticed that was if your tyre energy was low and tyre condition was good after S2. If you were like Lewis and hooking up on S1, and S2 it would have been a huge mystery why the car just won't hook up on S3. That year was set apart from the years before because of the cheese Pirellis. Most drivers and engineers caught on to the trick afterwards though.
Hembery was already talking about this after the 2011 Chinese GP qualifying - where Vettel was managing his tyres through the first snail complex so he had better tyres to kick off the long back straight.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

turbof1

djos wrote:
It's a good thing the race topics dont allow post voting, else we'd have downvoting because of people not understanding sarcasm.
#AeroFrodo

djos

GPR-A wrote:
djos wrote:
Thank you for enlightening me. I didn't know that voting didn't existed for race threads, despite myself opening one.
No worries :D
"In downforce we trust"