The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
giantfan10
giantfan10

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote::o

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... 0awareness

i would be concerned if i were a Ferrari fan,because if Fernando "smells blood".....well you know better than anyone what he can do.
hmmm really? the nonsense coming out of the Mclaren Honda camp is still being given weight?
so they finish a race without an engine blowing up and lucked into a 5th place due to a host of wierd circumstances and all is now well and they are now ready to challenge the teams at the front? REALLY?

GoranF1
GoranF1

giantfan10 wrote:

i would be concerned if i were a Ferrari fan,because if Fernando "smells blood".....well you know better than anyone what he can do.
hmmm really? the nonsense coming out of the Mclaren Honda camp is still being given weight?
so they finish a race without an engine blowing up and lucked into a 5th place due to a host of wierd circumstances and all is now well and they are now ready to challenge the teams at the front? REALLY?
No,not because of Hungary result,because of engine update and because they have Alonso and Ferrari don't.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Zamlatuljko458
Zamlatuljko458

Ok my point of view if that happens that will be great leap of performance in recent history in f1, but performance from HONDA not Mclaren!

When you sad "if Fernando smells blood" what do you think whit that?
To fight for wcc, or to beat Ferari drivers?
Ferrari-27-Alesi

bdr529

if Fernando "smells blood".....well you know better than anyone what he can do.
Wait for the recovery vehicle to tow him back to the pits like most days

Andres125sx

bdr529 wrote:

if Fernando "smells blood".....well you know better than anyone what he can do.
Wait for the recovery vehicle to tow him back to the pits like most days
Any reason for you to say that?

He finished last race without problems, what means from the last 6 races he finished.... two :o :cry:

But they were last two, the tendency has changed :mrgreen:

GoranF1
GoranF1

Mclaren has better aero and chassis that Ferrari,a lot better number1 driver and if engine improves....the outxome is clear. 8)
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

F1NAC

what will happen? after 2006 he smelt blood a lot of time but eventually ended 2nd :mrgreen:

But for sure you know better than us, technical things about chasis from mclaren.

Andres125sx

F1NAC wrote:

what will happen? after 2006 he smelt blood a lot of time but eventually ended 2nd :mrgreen:
Three times with 4 points difference as much, when two of them his car was at least 3-4 tenths slower... and the third his team didn´t support him.

How many drivers can say they almost win a championship with an inferior car?

Italiano
Italiano

#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

TEHNOS

Slovenček, zašel si, pa, pa. =P~

Schuttelberg

This is an odd post if you're a Ferrari/Alonso fan.

1) I don't think Ferrari want to beat 'just' Alonso. They want to be champions, for which they have to beat everyone and at the moment, that's Mercedes.

2) Alonso didn't leave Ferrari to beat Ferrari. He, like Ferrari wants to beat everybody and become champion which at the moment is Hamilton.

In my view, this sensationalism of Alonso vs Ferrari is purely media driven. If you asked either/or they would tell you they simply want to be World Champion.

I'm a Ferrari fan (at the moment because Vettel drives for them) and I'm not worried at all. I'd love to see McLaren and Alonso challenge Mercedes and Hamilton. Why? Because it would mean that Mercedes and Hamilton can be caught and passed. Secondly, not every fan is all about seeing their favorite team/driver win. I don't want to sound like a hypocrite or diplomatic when I say that, but being a fan of the sport first and foremost, the sport could do with two ace drivers (Alonso & Vettel) in two legendary teams (Ferrari & McLaren) challenge the might of Mercedes and Hamilton for race wins and championships.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

santos
santos

Andres125sx wrote:
santos wrote: And it's not only Ferrari that should be comparing with Mercedes. Mclaren should be doing that too.
No they shouldn´t. Do you understand what a long term project means?

If now Maranello is happy just beating a team whose target is NOT fighting for the championship on current season, then Ferrari is no longer the team it used to be.

That is what Alonso was saying, and he´s right, like it or not. Ferrari is a team whose only purpose is winning championships, so if they can´t win, they have no reasons to be proud.

If you Ferrari fans are happy thinking McH situation is worse that´s up to you, but if you want to talk about Ferrari, then they have no reasons to be proud since 2007.
Ferrari have a new boss, new drivers, you can say it's another project. In the last few years i heard Alonso saying many things. Sometimes i belived that "next year will be different". And it never was. I'm not happy for beating Mclaren... i'm happy because last year the car was bad, the team was falling apart. It was a very bad year. The progress that Ferrari made in one year, achieving some targets they made before the start of the season... it can only makes me happy. I don't care if Mclaren is 3rd or last. And Ferrari will make their fans even happier when they beat Mercedes for the title.

P.S.: Yes the last time Ferrari won a title was in 2007, Mclaren was in 2008... so is just one year. Maybe you are not so proud.

Andres125sx

santos wrote:Ferrari have a new boss, new drivers, you can say it's another project. In the last few years i heard Alonso saying many things. Sometimes i belived that "next year will be different". And it never was. I'm not happy for beating Mclaren... i'm happy because last year the car was bad, the team was falling apart. It was a very bad year. The progress that Ferrari made in one year, achieving some targets they made before the start of the season... it can only makes me happy. I don't care if Mclaren is 3rd or last. And Ferrari will make their fans even happier when they beat Mercedes for the title.

P.S.: Yes the last time Ferrari won a title was in 2007, Mclaren was in 2008... so is just one year. Maybe you are not so proud.
I´m glad for you, but here we are discussing about Alonso statement saying Ferrari (not you) shouldn´t be proud. I get your point and agree, any ferrari fan should be happy, but that does not mean Ferrari team should be proud of what they did. They only recovered from an aweful season, but not to the point they want to be so no reasons to be proud yet.

BTW, you guys look like children saying "you´re even worse" or "that goes double for you" (not sure what did you use when children). Ferrari is still second class team today, accept it, this is racing, you can´t win constantly. Nobody is blaming Ferrari, only pointing a fact. Same fact that forced Alonso outside Maranello and he just pointed it because he must be really tired of people saying he did the wrong choice. What he said is strictly accurate, even when I understand people in this thread will struggle to accept it.

McLaren shouldn´t be proud either, if that makes you feel better I agree, but that never was the point. Alonso said he moved from Ferrari because they couldn´t provide a winning car, and that remains true today so they still have no reasons to be proud, or Alonso to regret the move

Andres125sx

ferkan wrote:You guys are comparing last years time with this years times while ignoring tires used and temperature/weather on the race days.
No I´m not, I specifically said exactly the same
Andres125sx wrote:we both know this is a bit absurd as track conditions change it all as well as tyres, but anycase the overall picture provide a good reference

Juzh

A bit off topic
driver popularity poll:
http://strawpoll.me/5433475/r

Interesting how fortunes can turn in half a season :shock: