The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
drunkf1fan
drunkf1fan

Re: 2015 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka

SiLo wrote:For me the big question is: Can Rosberg beat Hamilton?

He just hasn't looked quick enough this year, and I'm still waiting to be proven wrong.

Unluckily for Rosberg AND for people wanting a closer championship, when Hamilton has a bad race or retires, so does Rosberg.

Worst part is Rosberg keeps saying "maximum attack, nothing to lose", then being half a second down lap after lap. 6 seconds down end of the first stint which was only 12-13 laps. Hamilton was keeping up with Kvyat in the first stint, Kimi in the second before his car failed, Rosberg wasn't close to Hamilton and then against Kimi dropped a huge amount of time.

If he has more races where he's half a second down in qualifying while Ferrari and RBR(maybe more next year for them) close the gap then Rosberg is going to find himself starting further down the grid. Even when he starts second the Mercedes not epic starts and Rosberg being overall the worse starter of the two since Spa changes, he's going to find 2nd place on the podium increasingly hard to achieve.

I think Rosberg is under threat for second in the WDC now, let alone competing to win it. Even at tracks Mercedes should be very strong if he ends up 3rd or 4th into the first corner, with a less dominant car his not particularly great overtaking skills will prove problematic in regaining places for him.

iotar__

drunkf1fan wrote:

He just hasn't looked quick enough this year, and I'm still waiting to be proven wrong.

Unluckily for Rosberg AND for people wanting a closer championship, when Hamilton has a bad race or retires, so does Rosberg.

Worst part is Rosberg keeps saying "maximum attack, nothing to lose", then being half a second down lap after lap. 6 seconds down end of the first stint which was only 12-13 laps. Hamilton was keeping up with Kvyat in the first stint, Kimi in the second before his car failed, Rosberg wasn't close to Hamilton and then against Kimi dropped a huge amount of time.

If he has more races where he's half a second down in qualifying while Ferrari and RBR(maybe more next year for them) close the gap then Rosberg is going to find himself starting further down the grid. Even when he starts second the Mercedes not epic starts and Rosberg being overall the worse starter of the two since Spa changes, he's going to find 2nd place on the podium increasingly hard to achieve.

I think Rosberg is under threat for second in the WDC now, let alone competing to win it. Even at tracks Mercedes should be very strong if he ends up 3rd or 4th into the first corner, with a less dominant car his not particularly great overtaking skills will prove problematic in regaining places for him.
Here we go again.
Yes, Rosberg is under threat but only from another exploding Mercedes engine. Championship has been decided and not by drivers on track. Whatever you can invent about his driving the gap at this point should have been around 15 points(?). "Worst part is Rosberg keeps saying "maximum attack, nothing to lose", then being half a second down lap after lap" What is this, made up story? Maybe you mean Bahrain and overtaking Ferrari 5 times before brake failure? "Worst part" is that he was robbed from the win or second place in Hun, the same in Monza and is on his fourth engine already. Singapore DNF was a smaller loss compared to those. The end.

If you had a bit more honesty in assessing driving you'd have noticed that the driver leading the championship looked anything but stellar in every single less than straightforward race: pace (half a second?) and overtaking in Barcelona, start, pace (half a second?) and getting away with a light penalty after blunder in Austria, pace compared to Rosberg (half a second?) with serious brakes problems in Canada (another avoided fight by Merc), comical attempt and lost position in GB and later 2s (not half a second) per lap slower before bad pitstop decision helped him to win the race and of course unprecedented failure of Hungary (max attack #-o ?) True Hamilton has been quicker in Q and thus had several simple wins from pole but even then Rosberg was not far behind and Merc needed tricks like tyres in Malaysia or usual save fuel to attack on the last lap (Australia). Now why don't you name those "max attack 0,5 down" races? Do you perhaps mean Sinagpore? Spa was over after the start and jumping Williams x2. BTW wasn't him jumping Massa similar to Hamilton jumping in GB, slow pitstop and pace.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

iotar__ wrote: "Worst part" is that he was robbed from the win or second place in Hun
Robbed of a win or second? Well, to quote you:
iotar__ wrote:If you had a bit more honesty in assessing driving you'd have noticed that
then you would have noticed Rosberg chop across Ricciardo as he knew Ricciardo had a run on him out of the corner.

danielk
danielk

iotar__ wrote:
drunkf1fan wrote:

Here we go again.
Yes, Rosberg is under threat but only from another exploding Mercedes engine. Championship has been decided and not by drivers on track. Whatever you can invent about his driving the gap at this point should have been around 15 points(?).
engine failure in Monza cost Rosberg 18 points

Failure in Hamiltons car at Last race caused a 14 point swing in Rosbergs favour

Pit-stop Gaff at Monaco 20 point swing in Rosbergs favour

Hungary collision Rosberg and dan ric 18-15 point loss

actually if you take failures/team errors in to account then its basically status quo.

Just saying.......

f1316
f1316

danielk wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
drunkf1fan wrote:

Here we go again.
Yes, Rosberg is under threat but only from another exploding Mercedes engine. Championship has been decided and not by drivers on track. Whatever you can invent about his driving the gap at this point should have been around 15 points(?).
engine failure in Monza cost Rosberg 18 points

Failure in Hamiltons car at Last race caused a 14 point swing in Rosbergs favour

Pit-stop Gaff at Monaco 20 point swing in Rosbergs favour

Hungary collision Rosberg and dan ric 18-15 point loss

actually if you take failures/team errors in to account then its basically status quo.

Just saying.......
However, the original point was about him being under threat for 2nd, not why he's 40 adrift of 1st, so the comparison of relative 'luck' should really be with Vettel.

I can't be bothered to get into that though. I do think it would be interesting to see how he gets on if/when there are three competitive drives though. At the moment, you'd wonder if he'd be looking at 3rd row, but to be fair to Rosberg, the last time there were three competitive cars (2013) he more than held his own.

drunkf1fan
drunkf1fan

ChrisF1 wrote:
iotar__ wrote: "Worst part" is that he was robbed from the win or second place in Hun
Robbed of a win or second? Well, to quote you:
iotar__ wrote:If you had a bit more honesty in assessing driving you'd have noticed that
then you would have noticed Rosberg chop across Ricciardo as he knew Ricciardo had a run on him out of the corner.
For some reason even with Rosberg actively choosing the slower tire over radio because he was unable to manage, it's the teams fault they put on the tires Rosberg asked for. If someone was a little bit more honest in their fanboyism they'd realise Rosberg is behind all the time.

Every single race Hamilton is ahead of Rosberg he either starts ahead or catches up hand over fist, passes then maintains a 1-2 second gap. Lets Rosberg stay that close but doesn't tax his car. Rosberg fails to get back past him literally every single time last year. Hamilton can gain on Rosberg at half a second a lap or more several times, pass, yet magically Rosberg increases his pace to match Hamilton after Hamilton passes? Or Hamilton once past has no need to push harder because it brings you nothing as a reward. When Rosberg is behind, he fails to get within a second, he fails to pass Hamilton if he gets to the edge of one second Hamilton magically does a half second faster lap and pulls out the gap again.

Rosberg has been slower than Hamilton in all but a few races. In some races he even shows off that pace when ahead, was he 25 seconds ahead in Monaco, 6 seconds ahead in Singapore after 12 laps. If the team had told Hamilton no one else was pitting he would have won Monaco.... the team DID tell Rosberg to go onto the faster tire and he asked for the slower tire, but apparently Hamilton was entirely at fault for Monaco while Rosberg is absolved of all blame for Hungary, his poor choice of tire, his collision with Ricciardo and his dire pace all weekend. Even on the softer tire he wasn't remotely competitive with Vettel's pace, Rosberg had no chance at all of a win in Hungary, none.

NathanOlder

Rosberg must be amazing even with engine problems he is only 3 tenths off lewis in Q1 and a tenth up in Q2. Give him the title now. Oh wait, he probably doesn't have a problem.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

af_general
af_general

NathanOlder wrote:Rosberg must be amazing even with engine problems he is only 3 tenths off lewis in Q1 and a tenth up in Q2. Give him the title now. Oh wait, he probably doesn't have a problem.
So good in fact that he is on pole with a broken engine...

PlatinumZealot

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

Some people will do anything for the attention... :lol:
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

GoranF1
GoranF1

Silent Storm wrote:They have been saying this for some years now.. The s-duct and front pushrod. But maybe we can get a tighter rear packaging next year.
i am sure the car will be good, but the champ driver has left for Woking! ;)

mods,sorry for off topic.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

PlatinumZealot

Vettel is good enough. Ferrari only needs to have a faster car.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

GoranF1
GoranF1

PlatinumZealot wrote:Vettel is good enough..
yeah....no!

santos
santos

GoranF1 wrote:
yeah....no!
How can you say no after he won FOUR titles in a row? He had a better car? Yes he did. All the ones that win the championship had.
You won't say that Mark Webber is bad. Will you?

GoranF1
GoranF1

santos wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
yeah....no!
How can you say no after he won FOUR titles in a row? He had a better car? Yes he did. All the ones that win the championship had.
You won't say that Mark Webber is bad. Will you?
Although Turbo and.other mods will kill me for off topic i just MUST answer your question.
Yes Vettel only won because of a ultra dominat car,yes Webber is quite average and the.last time a driver won in a non dominant car was 2005(mclaren better) and 2006(ferrari better)

Joseki
Joseki

PlatinumZealot wrote:Vettel is good enough. Ferrari only needs to have a faster car.
Well nothing changed since 2010... (except for the budget).