Max Mosley's history

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
xpensive

Max Mosley's history

MrM was and is a very disturbed individual, a sociopath with an dominating streak of paranoia. This coupled with his xtreme right-wing political background and S&M sexual preferences, it is utterly unfathomable that he made it to where he did.
Last edited by Steven on 25 Jun 2010, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: These first 6 posts were moved from "Who makes the rules" for obvious reasons
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

autogyro

Re: So who makes the rules?

What do you think of that then Max?

aral

xpensive wrote:MrM was and is a very disturbed individual, a sociopath with an dominating streak of paranoia. This coupled with his xtreme right-wing political background and S&M sexual preferences, it is utterly unfathomable that he made it to where he did.
If memory serves me correctly, it was Mosleys FATHER who had extreme right wing politics. It is grossly unfair to label anyone with their fathers sins! Thats not defending him, but is to point out your preconceptions!

xpensive

Wiki says;

From their teens to early twenties, Mosley and his brother were involved with their father's post-war party, the Union Movement (UM), which advocated a united Europe as its core issue. Trevor Grundy, a central figure in the UM's Youth Movement, writes of the 16-year-old Mosley painting the flash and circle symbol on walls in London on the night of the Soviet Union's invasion of Hungary (4 November 1956).[18] The flash and circle was used by both the UM and the pre-war BUF. He also says Mosley organised a couple of large parties as a way "to get in with lively, ordinary, normal young people, girls as well as boys, and attract them to the Movement by showing that we were like them and didn't go on about Hitler and Mussolini, Franco and British Fascism all the time."[19]

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I think it is fair to say that him and his brother were probably strongly advised to go by MrM snr. We have enough dirt on him without his families past.

aral

xpensive wrote:Wiki says;

From their teens to early twenties, Mosley and his brother were involved with their father's post-war party, the Union Movement (UM), which advocated a united Europe as its core issue. Trevor Grundy, a central figure in the UM's Youth Movement, writes of the 16-year-old Mosley painting the flash and circle symbol on walls in London on the night of the Soviet Union's invasion of Hungary (4 November 1956).[18] The flash and circle was used by both the UM and the pre-war BUF. He also says Mosley organised a couple of large parties as a way "to get in with lively, ordinary, normal young people, girls as well as boys, and attract them to the Movement by showing that we were like them and didn't go on about Hitler and Mussolini, Franco and British Fascism all the time."[19]
Wiki is not the bible! But note that Mosley wanted an united Europe> funny but we are well on the way to that at present. Further , organising parties?? Doesn't every teenager do this? His politics became Tory, if you call that Right Wing.

autogyro

Sir Oswald also suggested a home land for the Jews in the 1930's long before the British government made it so.
If they had taken Sir Oswalds advise then, there would almost certainly have been no holocaust in Europe.
Check that one out.

WhiteBlue

Re: Max Mosley's history

xpensive wrote:MrM was and is a very disturbed individual, a sociopath with an dominating streak of paranoia. This coupled with his xtreme right-wing political background and S&M sexual preferences, it is utterly unfathomable that he made it to where he did.
I believe that you have a problem with an obsession. There is no evidence that Max Mosley is or was a sociopath. You are making that up as it lately became your custom. The guy had an eccentric sex life and was the victim of a media campaign. He also had a habit of doing the right thing for F1 regardless of what some other powerful and greedy people wanted. This is all I'm going to say on the issue.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

jshaw

Whether or not Mosely is a fascist, theres not doubt he is a bastard.

Interesting to note previous FIA tsar Balestre was 'allegedly' a member of the French SS during the war.
WhiteBlue wrote:He also had a habit of doing the right thing for F1 regardless of what some other powerful and greedy people wanted. This is all I'm going to say on the issue.
Personally I don't think trying to turn F1 into a spec series was the 'right thing'. I suppose crushing technical genuis and competition in favour of cutting spending and increasing profit margins isn't greedy in the slightest.
autogyro wrote:Sir Oswald also suggested a home land for the Jews in the 1930's long before the British government made it so.
If they had taken Sir Oswalds advise then, there would almost certainly have been no holocaust in Europe.
Check that one out.
The Holocaust was caused by the ignorance and misguided ideas of a minority of people spreading like wildfire, not because there was no Jewish homeland. Whats wrong with Jews being integrated into society worldwide like everyone else? The creation of Israel and the rise of nationalism on both sides in that region has caused far more problems than it fixed.

Giblet

While we are on this topic, let's just delve into abortion, religion, and oh, gay marriage, just to keep it intelligent and classy. :?

My god mods, lets kill this one before the real mud slings.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

xpensive

I think very few can deny that MrM sold off F1's commercial rights to his long time ally MrE for a plate of beans, rights which the latter in turn sold with a profit of a thousand percent or more. The interest and mortage on the loan taken to pay MrE for that purchase is what is plaguing F1 organizers and taxpayers ever since, resulting in xorbitant fees and ticket-prices.

WhiteBlue

So here we enter another issue. The sale of the commercial rights.

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing. I'm not saying that the sale was 100% optimum the way it was done but contrary to the usual myths the process was known and nobody else was prepared to borrow $ 300 mil on the chance that this would become a money spinner.

Bernie did a pretty slick job there and Mosley with a sharper business mind could have made the FiA a much better deal. I'm pretty sure with hindsight conditions would have been much different. The important fact to remember is the exclusivity of the business data on the deal. Nobody really knew the potential but the man who had done F1 business deals for more than a decade and was smelling all the money that was flooding F1 at the turn of the century.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

gridwalker

You know, I am getting a little bit sick of Mr M's masochistic tendencies being used as evidence of him being mentally disturbed.

I would like to dispel a myth here : S & M is not sex ... sure, the two CAN be intertwined under the right circumstances, however they are separate things and can only really be linked through the term "sensation play". In the majority of cases, someone who is submitting within that context would never dream of attempting a sexual encounter with the person dominating them. It just doesn't work that way outside of the Anne Summers world of fluffy handcuffs and badly made PVC nurse uniforms.

I seen many public figures at fetish events such as the world-famous TortureGarden (yes, Max and I have something in common there, though I wouldn't touch a fascist's uniform with a bargepole) and what you choose to do with your body in private has no bearing upon your suitability for office ... the public perception of your actions when details are leaked into the public domain is an entirely different matter, which is why cameras are banned at torturegarden.

Even though I am not averse to a little S & M in my private life, I was happy when the Spanky-Nazi scandal broke; not because I thought there was anything inherently wrong with him paying to get beaten by women in uniforms (although the fascist roleplay element is incredibly distasteful), but because I had loathed the man, his policies and his management style since the late 90s.

Strangely enough, I met the person who outed Max whilst at a London Fetish club at the end of May; considering that discretion and trust are a fundamental cornerstone of the whole scene, I found myself repulsed by their conduct more than Max's. I am not going to give any further details of that encounter though, as I am many things, but I try to avoid being a hypocrite.

These things are neither as rare, nor as scandalous as people like to make out; I have known many professional dominatrices (though I have never paid for such services) and their clientelle is usually composed of highly paid businessmen, public officials and people who work in high pressure environments.

The key here is control - when you spend your whole life having to control everything around you, sometimes it is nice to be made to feel helpless.

Likewise, those who spend their lives at the bottom of the heap will often find a great psychological release when another person is willing to submit to their will completely.

These responses, when they aren't taken to extremes, aren't a sign of a damaged psychology; they are an indication that an individual is well enough attuned to find a release before the pressures become damaging in themselves.

DAMN : I've been wanting to let that rant out for some time.

Now I feel really dirty for sticking up for Max ;)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

autogyro

+1
Thanks Gridwalker
Very restrained if I may say so.
MI5?

Steven
Owner

Giblet wrote:While we are on this topic, let's just delve into abortion, religion, and oh, gay marriage, just to keep it intelligent and classy. :?
Well that would be off-topic and would be removed.
Giblet wrote:My god mods, lets kill this one before the real mud slings.
It's a controversial topic for sure, but if we'd ban anything controversial from this place there wouldn't be much left :mrgreen: It's off-topic, still related to F1. Same forum rules apply here, and I have both eyes on this thread...