Looking for a "Dummies Guide" to the technical side of F1

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
stu112

Looking for a "Dummies Guide" to the technical side of F1

Hello all.

While I have been watching F1 for a while (about 13 years), my technical knowledge isn't great. I've always focused on the racecraft said of things and would now like to learn a bit more about the technical/engineering side of things. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any websites (or books, but would prefer online content)that cover the basics. Im basically looking for something that will help me understand things like Engines, gearboxes, drivetrain, suspention and areo (pretty much everything lol). I have very basic knowledge of some of these things, but im interested in learning more. I know that there is a lot of info and expertise on this site, but its finding it all amongst all the different posts thats the problem.

Anyway, if anyone can point me in the direction of any good websites with info or articles relating to anything technical (even if its not F1 - the basics will probably run similar through many formulas of single seat cars), it would be greatly appreciated.

Roll on Malaysia :)

stu112

Re: Looking for a "Dummies Guide" to the technical side of F

Im really bad for "not seeing the wood for the trees" lol. Just noticed that there is a bit of info under the 'Technolgy' tab discussing Mechanics and Aerodynamics. Saying that I would like a lot more info if possible folks :D

Jersey Tom

Not sure if I'd call it geared for "dummies," but I liked starting with this, and this.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

stu112

Jersey Tom wrote:Not sure if I'd call it geared for "dummies," but I liked starting with this, and this.
Thanks mate. Im just looking for info (preferably websites, but books are good too) to build upon my limited knowledge of the technical aspects (engines, suspension and aero) of single seat cars - although F1 is my main interest. I've found a couple if websites that can help. Saying that im having some success by just doing searches on this forum for general topics like suspension etc and sifting through the posts looking for what looks of interest :)

Caito

Let me insist on Tune to win, you wont regret it. It will answer lots of questions.

To run you need to walk first.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

Carlos

Check your PM for some material.